Sega Megadrive (Genesis) Flashback Mini HD with an USB on internal mother board

WD_Gaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i will be addressing the bug with the sound shortly. it shouldnt be playing when launching an external app. but thanks for the vid.

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Allright out there! Everyone who wants to test my:

"SEGA MEGA DRIVE/GENESIS FLASHBACK HD - REGION CHANGER "

Hit me with a PM. You will be able to change the Original DASHBOARD to any Region you want without reflashing youre system. Pretty usefull in some cases!

Unbenannt.png

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was finally able to (partly) use a twrp recovery (adb only); if there is some of you out there expert in recovery source build please contact me.

Reactions: Hekel

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to use the terminal emulator from inside the console without connecting it to the PC; TWRP v3 recovery is working using mouse but it is unable to mount partitions (need to investigate more); I will try to get wifi dongle to be recognized by the system in the following days, whish me good luck :P

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
I was able to use the terminal emulator from inside the console without connecting it to the PC; TWRP v3 recovery is working using mouse but it is unable to mount partitions (need to investigate more); I will try to get wifi dongle to be recognized by the system in the following days, whish me good luck :P
Good luck :-D we believe in you

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Looks like the australia version has an additional sticker on it:

B177A52A-A594-455E-A9B2-A98A26DCD649.jpeg

Will try to track one down :-D If someone can buy one uf these and is willing to send me the console i would pay for it. Just if someone is able to get a sealed one.

Last edited by Hekel,

Excalibur007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found an alternate version of NBA Jam TE that works. You'll need to use the one with [f2] at the end of the name.

Unfortunately, Forgotten Worlds does not seem to work because of the 6 button controller. It would probably work with a 3 button wired controller, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm surprised no one has patched the game to be compatible with 6 button controllers. Surely there's at least a better emulator that fixes that problem (which appears even on original hardware).

Last edited by Excalibur007,

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hey there, finally a new update! I Proudly present my Custom Original Dashboard!

As we know now there has been 4 different Region versions of the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis Flashback HD.

DE-Version
This version lacks of a complete menu. Its missing the Mortal Kombat section and the About section. It looks like ATGAMES released they‘re console with different games on the machine. The DE-Version is missing the following Retail titles:

Assault City
Astro Warrior
Defenders Of Oasis
Kenseiden
Kung Fu Kid
Mortal Kombat *
Mortal Kombat II *
Mortal Kombat 3 *
PsychoFox
SnailMaze
SuperColumns
TheNinja

*The Roms are still remaining on the system but it doesnt show up cause of the missing Mortal Kombat section.

The Game Gear Games haves all US-Covers, seems like ATGAMES preffered those. Overall i would say this is the most incomplete version that exist.

EU-AU Version
Those versions are basicly pretty simulaire. But the AU-Version contains a different Build of the main Dashboard APK. Both Versions are missing the About section and the following Bonus Games:

Bottle Taps Race
Break The Fireline
Chess
Fish Tank Live
Hang Man
Mahjong
Maze 2010
Snow Boarding
Warehouse Keeper

Seems like those Bonus Games are DE-exclusive titles. Those Both Versions has aswell the US-Covers for Game Gear Games.

USA Version
The USA Version contains the complete Dashboard. But its missing the same Bonus Games as the EU-AU Versions. The Covers are all region related.

This Custom Dashboard contains all games and fixes some covers. And for sure it unleashes the full Dashboard with all Features! I think it will not be allowed to put a download in here as it contains licenced material. But i will soon post a link on my YouTube channel.

Regards
Hekel

Last edited by Hekel,

Menzo1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, finally a new update! I Proudly present my Custom Original Dashboard!

As we know now there has been 4 different Region versions of the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis Flashback HD.

DE-Version
This version lacks of a complete menu. Its missing the Mortal Kombat section and the About section. It looks like ATGAMES released they‘re console with different games on the machine. The DE-Version is missing the following Retail titles:

Assault City
Astro Warrior
Defenders Of Oasis
Kenseiden
Kung Fu Kid
Mortal Kombat *
Mortal Kombat II *
Mortal Kombat 3 *
PsychoFox
SnailMaze
SuperColumns
TheNinja

*The Roms are still remaining on the system but it doesnt show up cause of the missing Mortal Kombat section.

The Game Gear Games haves all US-Covers, seems like ATGAMES preffered those. Overall i would say this is the most incomplete version that exist.

EU-AU Version
Those versions are basicly pretty simulaire. But the AU-Version contains a different Build of the main Dashboard APK. Both Versions are missing the About section and the following Bonus Games:

Bottle Taps Race
Break The Fireline
Chess
Fish Tank Live
Hang Man
Mahjong
Maze 2010
Snow Boarding
Warehouse Keeper

Seems like those Bonus Games are DE-exclusive titles. Those Both Versions has aswell the US-Covers for Game Gear Games.

USA Version
The USA Version contains the complete Dashboard. But its missing the same Bonus Games as the EU-AU Versions. The Covers are all region related.

This Custom Dashboard contains all games and fixes some covers. And for sure it unleashes the full Dashboard with all Features! I think it will not be allowed to put a download in here as it contains licenced material. But i will soon post a link on my YouTube channel.

Regards
Hekel

i don't know if it's already posted here but how can i change the menu sections like you did in the video.
the Sonic games, Bonus games part.

JackMonty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

DE-Version

Assault City
Astro Warrior
Defenders Of Oasis
Kenseiden
Kung Fu Kid
Mortal Kombat *
Mortal Kombat II *
Mortal Kombat 3 *
PsychoFox
SnailMaze
SuperColumns
TheNinja

EU-AU Version

Bottle Taps Race
Break The Fireline
Chess
Fish Tank Live
Hang Man
Mahjong
Maze 2010
Snow Boarding
Warehouse Keeper

USA Version

Regards
Hekel

Very Cool Hekel, did you have to make new sections in the all-games.ini file to get games to appear under the newly created menu sections? Also how is your retroshield mod coming along?

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Very Cool Hekel, did you have to make new sections in the all-games.ini file to get games to appear under the newly created menu sections? Also how is your retroshield mod coming along?

No you have to work with the actual existing sections. Basicly its just renamed- but the new .ini file contains alot of tips and tricks how to manage all games. And i sorted the ini file so its easy to handle.

Retroshield is working great so far. At moment im trying to tweak the controller so they work with the original dashboard / retroshield AND RetroArch. Maybe its possible to make 2 functions per button. We will see :-)

Reactions: JackMonty

JackMonty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No you have to work with the actual existing sections. Basicly its just renamed- but the new .ini file contains alot of tips and tricks how to manage all games. And i sorted the ini file so its easy to handle.

Retroshield is working great so far. At moment im trying to tweak the controller so they work with the original dashboard / retroshield AND RetroArch. Maybe its possible to make 2 functions per button. We will see :-)
Sounds great let me know if you need some one to test it out for you before you do an official release!

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
@asper

Some ppls asked me for a pic from inside:

033D5FA3-1D97-4112-AEC1-5B29BE9B3390.jpeg

Its basicly an upgrade of the USB-Mod. If you already have performed this you just have to add 2 more wires and a switch. The first brown wire is GND, the second is sense. Wire those cables to a 3 Pole Switch. Take care that the GND is in the middle. With this method you can later add a LED, which lights up when youre in device mode. The power for the led can be taken off the original led board (red wire). You might have to create youre own Mini-USB to USB cable, dont know if this can be buyed.

198F7B50-71F5-48D9-BFB0-042D432F1C20.jpeg

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
I still have troubles on a device of mine. It looks like im stuck in the bootloader/dfu mode. Means i can reflash the system but after reboot it still remains in the bootloader mode. Anyone a idea how i get out of that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: