hrtk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone!

A little boy has this problem on his ps3 and asked me to help.

The Slim ps3 (CECH 2504A) won't update, it's stuck in an update loop giving everytime error 8002F1F9 when it gets around 50%.

I've found out online that this error comes up when the hardware fails, specifically the Wifi/Bluetooth module, and the only way to overcome it is to install a cfw that bypasses the hardware check.

Now, the console is hackable, but I can't use the webexploit since it won't turn on, nor enter the recovery menu, so I wondered if, being the console hackable and MAYBE on a low firmware (it hasn't been turned on in the past 2 years) there's a way to SAFELY install a cfw just by usb installation after formatting the hard disk again. The point is I don't know what firmware is installed.

edit. UPDATE: the console was updated in september (geez) so maybe there's nothing I can do.

Last edited by hrtk,

YOUCANTSTOPME

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The point is I don't know what firmware is installed.

You may be able to find out what firmware version it's on if you take out the hard drive. On a working PS3, if you remove the hard drive and put in another blank one (or perhaps leave it empty? I'm not sure), it'll bring up a message saying to insert a USB drive with the firmware on it, and it'll give you the minimum firmware version that is required. This should be the firmware version that it's on.

But if your system is not working properly this may or may not happen, best of luck.

Hopefully your system doesn't have anything important on it because you could lose your data with this method. Use at your own risk.

Last edited by YOUCANTSTOPME,

Somari128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help I installed hen on mine and tried to update and around 99% it errors out and I can't get into recovery mode can someone please help me fix this

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get it to someone with an E3 Flasher have them patch CFW patches to the OFW dump. Then just install a nobt/nobd cfw directly from recovery menu via usb only way its gonna work. To stop that error loop just put in a another HDD or format the one in the update loop and you should be able to use the controller screen once again to progress. I used to do this all the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)