Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've just started playing this game Front Mission on my AK2i. It was hard, seeing as it's highly plausible for you to play out a scenario with living units that can't attack. So I decided a little help is needed, and therefore activated the infinite money cheat and modded the hell out of my wanzer. The reason I only used a money cheat is to at least still get the feel of the strategy (it's still hard, but at least, with the money, it's bearable). I mean, if I used something like an infinite health or one-hit-kill code, then i might as well not have played, right? Is it different to cheat one way or the other?

- rant follows -

hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

- rant ends here -

lolz!!!
ph34r.gif

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As long as your still having fun mate, then it doesn't matter if you cheat or not in a single player game ... multiplayer games on the other hand it just spoils the game for every one playing.

Shinigami357

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
somehow my own blog reminded me of the old contra thing. whether you cheat or die on stage 2, lol. games back then were backbreakingly hard (Front Mission is a remake of an older game, if i remember correctly, lol)

Uiaad

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
benjaminlibl said:
It's cheating.

The whole point of ridiculously hard games is the challenge.

But does it really matter as long as your enjoying your self?
Yes it does take away some of the fun, at the end of the day, he's not saying " look at my fantastic score " or " look at my |337 skills " he has said look i'm finding the game a little hard and I need some help to enjoy it .

Is he hurting anyone ? No

what I'm saying cheating is fine, no harm no fowl.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
uiaad said:
But does it really matter as long as your enjoying your self?
Of course you would say that, obviously you cheat as well.

No, it doesn't really matter. However, I would say that it is hard to enjoy a game whose sole purpose is to be challenging when you cheat. If he finds it fun to do so, good for him.

Uiaad

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually I don't cheat. I'm not by any means, saying I have never used a cheat, but it is very very rare that I use a cheat these days.

The only way that some one will learn things in life is though help. If your having a hard time learning something you reach out of help - help in this case being cheats. There really shouldn't be this stigma attached to playing games with cheat I'm sure you, benjaminlibl , have used a cheat at some time or another. In fact I would go as far as saying I'm sure there isn't a person on this board that hasn't used a cheat.

Games are there for one thing. Fun. I've known people who love the story of a particular game in a series but has hated the game play for one reason or another. Is it wrong for them to cheat, but greatly enjoy the story of a game ?

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheat like the wind!!!!

Are some cheats really cheats? I remember having SF2 Turbo on the SNES and a Game Genie.... oh good times... Mid air moves and hyper speed! lol

Extra money cheats in games to me seem like anti "grind" sure you could go just make the money doing mindless repetitive crap but why......

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
uiaad said:
The only way that some one will learn things in life is though help. If your having a hard time learning something you reach out of help - help in this case being cheats. There really shouldn't be this stigma attached to playing games with cheat I'm sure you, benjaminlibl , have used a cheat at some time or another. In fact I would go as far as saying I'm sure there isn't a person on this board that hasn't used a cheat.

Games are there for one thing. Fun. I've known people who love the story of a particular game in a series but has hated the game play for one reason or another. Is it wrong for them to cheat, but greatly enjoy the story of a game ?
I know where you're coming from. There's nothing wrong with cheating, I just don't enjoy it.

When I was 14, there was nothing I liked better than playing GTA. Weapons cheats, armor cheats, HP cheats, vehicle cheats, costume cheats, anything and everything. Now, I play games for two reasons; to have fun, and to attain the feeling of satisfaction after completing something extraordinarily difficult. When it's the latter, I lose the feeling of accomplishment, knowing I had "help."

But in the end, it all comes down to a matter of personal preference.

Shinigami357

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this is actually the first TBS game i used cheats on. back then i either liked the game and played it as long as possible until something else grabs my attention (the GBA fire emblem games, FFTA) and some i'm not good in i just get pissed at (advance wars, for some reason). so i figured, rather than get pissed, just to help myself a little, and i can enjoy the game. i don't think there's anything wrong there. seriously though, you can try playing front mission ds using the money cheat only and you'll prob still find it hard, lol.

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Enjoy the game how you will. In my mind, using any cheat that directly affects gameplay, which is what you did, is cheating. Might has well used the one-hit-kill code in the first place. But like I said, play it as you like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A friend give me a $35 cigar, and pssf, just as good as a $5 one. But of course gonna have to tell him it was awesome.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    What makes a good Cuban rum soaked cigar is a nice cosmopolitan to go with it.
    +1
    Used to do that every time I went to Miami on business
    There was this little bar I would stop in have that combo and watch the beach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never met a girl named cosmopolitan, but cool. And where do you insert the cigar? Mr clinton
    Slightly more than 35 dollars lol but I was making thousands on a job.
    Cosmopolitan is just vodka and cranberry juice lol
    I'm a martini glass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My dental assistant is Cuban I'm gonna have to him for cigars and sandwiches now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea wish I could get Cubans cheap, they are ridiculous priced up here. But they are hard workers.
    I think I was paying like 75 back in the early 90s
    Rolled on the thighs of virgins if the stories are to be believed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we belive any of your stories
    That's honestly for the best lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd read his autobiography.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "If I may have done it."
    I'm deliberately vague about some of the details sure it's been 30 years but some crimes don't have limitations
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis sex life is Dubai
    FB-IMG-1717887564361.jpg
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or I picture its like quagmire from family guy, gigity.
    +2
    Back then I was so wasteful with money, didn't bother me to spend 600 bucks in a strip club, some of those private dances though... Lol
    My life back then was a mix of Breaking Bad and John Wick and Dumb and Dumber lol
    +1
    The things we do as kids so lucky to be alive lol
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Kids put chocolate in their pockets :ninja:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ulOHdCUXz6s?si=zVb-MdOFLsk-28mk