Seriously, what the hell....

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its a joke or not those people are idiots. That verse they quoted basically means if you go next door and are banging your neighbors daughter and get caught then you owe her dad some cash and you are required to marry her. If you wanna basically break it down if the girl wont a virgin you do not have to do anything and also do not get caught fucking the neighbors daughter. Another thing that makes them look like idiots is the fact that the bible says "judge not less ye be judged first" and they are passing judgement. One person there even said [censored] is not a sin just shows inbreeding is common with the members on that forum. A rapist is lusting after the person they [censored] and lust is one of the seven deadly sins.

I hope that people do not read this and think all Christians are this way are that they bible condones crap like that. Hell one verse in the bible says something like its better to plant their seed in the belly off a whore they to masturbate.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
steveo1978 said:
I hope that people do not read this and think all Christians are this way are that they bible condones crap like that.
But surely if you're a believer you have to believe it all, lock, stock and barrel? You can't just cherry pick the most palatable parts and ignore the rest.

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
steveo1978 said:
I hope that people do not read this and think all Christians are this way or that the bible condones crap like that.
But surely if you're a believer you have to believe it all, lock, stock and barrel? You can't just cherry pick the most palatable parts and ignore the rest.

What I meant was most Christians do not take stuff from the bible and twist it around like that site had done.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
steveo1978 said:
Depravo said:
steveo1978 said:
I hope that people do not read this and think all Christians are this way or that the bible condones crap like that.
What I meant was most Christians do not take stuff from the bible and twist it around like that site had done.
But they haven't twisted it, quite the opposite. The site is taking literalness to a ludicrous extreme. Herein lies the humour.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Depravo said:
steveo1978 said:
I hope that people do not read this and think all Christians are this way are that they bible condones crap like that.

You'd be surprised at the number of muslims who pick and choose sections of the Qur'an to ignore.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same when it came to Christianity.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Law said:
Depravo said:
steveo1978 said:

You'd be surprised at the number of muslims who pick and choose sections of the Qur'an to ignore.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same when it came to Christianity.
Which is where religion loses a lot of it's credibility.

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe people actually believe that site is real. If you actually dig a bit deeper you'll find that the entire forum is a mockery of the extreme southern baptist churches.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was a christian, now 101% atheist with pure philosophic aspects and i know that not even the christians are this dumb as much as the religion sound illogical
religion makes stupid ppl, yes, i totally agree, but also law
there are laws in some countries where you have to be "forced to do -that-" before you are 18 or you will be sentenced to death
and there are men who officially apply to this job

want to hear more stupidity?
this just barely made my jaw open for the rest of the day
even if it's a mockery, it's not far from the truth at some religions and countries

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
Depravo said:
steveo1978 said:
I do believe it all to be true. Do I believe a woman should be forced to marry her rapist? No. Those laws were for a specific time, and for a specific culture. It's there as a history lesson to show us how the law had been in the past. The law changed when the time and culture changed.

It's very possible that the old law was the best law they could have in that old culture. It isn't now obviously though.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I can't believe there are some people actually taking this seriously.

QUOTE said:
The Landover Baptist Church is a fictional Baptist church based in the fictional town of Freehold, Iowa. The Landover Baptist web site and its associated Landoverbaptist.net Forum are a satire of fundamentalist Christianity and the Religious Right in the United States.

The site was created by Chris Harper, who obtained his Master's Degree in English Literature from George Mason University in 1993 after being expelled from Liberty University (founded by Jerry Falwell) in 1989 for producing a satirical radio show which Liberty's administration found offensive. Harper frequently appears at atheist conventions playing the character of "Pastor Deacon Fred Smith". The website is owned by a company called Americhrist, Ltd.

It is a joke. People, please stop taking it seriously. It is a joke. It was actually kinda funny. People overreact to much.
dry.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
KingdomBlade said:

QUOTE said:
The Landover Baptist Church is a fictional Baptist church based in the fictional town of Freehold, Iowa. The Landover Baptist web site and its associated Landoverbaptist.net Forum are a satire of fundamentalist Christianity and the Religious Right in the United States.

The site was created by Chris Harper, who obtained his Master's Degree in English Literature from George Mason University in 1993 after being expelled from Liberty University (founded by Jerry Falwell) in 1989 for producing a satirical radio show which Liberty's administration found offensive. Harper frequently appears at atheist conventions playing the character of "Pastor Deacon Fred Smith". The website is owned by a company called Americhrist, Ltd.

It is a joke. People, please stop taking it seriously. It is a joke. It was actually kinda funny.
Yes, but the piece of Scripture is genuine. This is what we were discussing.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ineap09 said:
Depravo said:
steveo1978 said:
I do believe it all to be true. Do I believe a woman should be forced to marry her rapist? No. Those laws were for a specific time, and for a specific culture. It's there as a history lesson to show us how the law had been in the past. The law changed when the time and culture changed.

It's very possible that the old law was the best law they could have in that old culture. It isn't now obviously though.
Also, the Bible cannot be updated through flashing.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Depravo said:
KingdomBlade said:

QUOTE said:

It is a joke. People, please stop taking it seriously. It is a joke. It was actually kinda funny.

Yes, but the piece of Scripture is genuine. This is what we were discussing.

I do believe that some of them actually thought it was real and made some long arguement about it and how all Christians aren't like that and stuff.

The scripture was very likely edited from long scriptures of the bible and translation can continuously get fuzzy. It might not even been talking about r**e in the first place.

Second, it is important to understand that the Hebrew words used in Deuteronomy 22, verses 25 and 28 do not necessarily indicate [censored]. In verse 25, the Hebrew word chazaq is used, and it essentially means “seize,” or “take hold of.” In verse 28, a different Hebrew word taphas is used, and while it has a very similar meaning to chazaq, it is not the same word. In both verses 25 and 28, the Hebrew word shakab is used, and while it literally means “lie down,” it is used throughout the Old Testament to refer to sexual intercourse. So, both verses 25 and 28 describe a man seizing and having sex with a woman. While this is a possible description of [censored], it does not explicitly refer to [censored]. Also, the differences in the Hebrew words between Deuteronomy 22, verses 25 and 28, could be interpreted as verse 25 referring to [censored], with verse 28 referring to consensual sex. Further, in other Old Testament passages that refer to [censored], different Hebrew words are used (Judges 19:25, 20:5; 2 Samuel 13:14, 32; Zechariah 14:2).

I have no idea if that's true, but I dunno really. I'm agnostic really, but it's actually quite interesting.

Jasper07

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think this is sick.
the people actually believe they are doing the right thing, for example:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Iron Crotch
Pressing charges against the rapist IS the right thing.
Do you have scripture to support that?

Those people must have been locked away from society with a bible as their best friend.
oh and btw I'm a christian

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
Jasper07 said:
I think this is sick.
the people actually believe they are doing the right thing, for example:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Iron Crotch
Pressing charges against the rapist IS the right thing.
Do you have scripture to support that?

Those people must have been locked away from society with a bible as their best friend.
oh and btw I'm a christian
Umm...did you miss KingdomBlade's post? He proved the website is satirical.

KingdomBlade said:

It is a joke. People, please stop taking it seriously. It is a joke. It was actually kinda funny. People overreact to much.
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious