Hacking Official ShadowNAND

Which path would you like ShadowNAND and SaltFW to have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use luma personally, but im wondering what this does? not just features, but what makes it stand out from other cfw's? or is it just a plain ol' cfw?

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
i use luma personally, but im wondering what this does? not just features, but what makes it stand out from other cfw's? or is it just a plain ol' cfw?
Apart from being an active cfw that some tools and homebrew base itself on, it's pretty much the only one and the simplest one for the Guide followers.

MGVoltJesk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
A9LH+Ctrbootmanager9+luma3ds user here, I read that if you already have a9lh you can install shadownand without your otp.bin, so i followed your instructions of how to install shadownand, so i went ahead and installed it, it said that it was succesful but after shutting down my 3ds it just boots a blackscreen and I can't access anything, can't access luma, can't access ctrbootmanager9, Can't boot Safe update, I am pretty sure I have a folder called homebrew/3ds/ and I put my boot.bin there, what am i doing wrong?

Last edited by MGVoltJesk,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A9LH+Ctrbootmanager9+luma3ds user here, I read that if you already have a9lh you can install shadownand without your otp.bin, so i followed your instructions of how to install shadownand, so i went ahead and installed it, it said that it was succesful but after shutting down my 3ds it just boots a blackscreen and I can't access anything, can't access luma, can't access ctrbootmanager9, Can't boot Safe update, I am pretty sure I have a folder called homebrew/3ds/ and I put my boot.bin there, what am i doing wrong?
Shadownand has a different folder setup then regular AL9H. I'm also using shadownand but i have to check because i don't know. But normally without an SD your 3DS would boot since it doesn't need an SD card anymore. You have to check if everything is in the right folder because there's something different about the folder setup in shadownand

Last edited by kumikochan,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Shadownand has a different folder setup then regular AL9H. I'm also using shadownand but i have to check because i don't know. But normally without an SD your 3DS would boot since it doesn't need an SD card anymore. You have to check if everything is in the right folder because there's something different about the folder setup in shadownand
Yep, that is strange. Could it be ctrbootmanager that can't boot with ShadowNAND?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I installed the ctrbootmanager9 fork of shadowhand for shadownand just in case, should i uninstall the normal ctrbootmanager9 and keep the shadowhand fork?
No idea, I'm not into boot managers, I use Corbenik's chainloader or my own payload switcher instead :3.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to switch to this until I saw that you can move your arm9loaderhax.bin to ctrnand with fbi. hooray for luma with no sd card!

Reactions: Quantumcat

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's still basicly the same tho and also running luma.
Actually ShadowNAND is missing patches, like region-free and reboot patches. Luma3DS copied over to the NAND with FBI has all of the Luma3DS patches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    the gay fish thing was funny as fuck
    +1
    and i don't even follow or care about kanhye
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everytime i hear that real song, i think of that episode, "I'm a Gay fish yal."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So was the way they showed how messed up the American health system was to get anything done
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont watch south park that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Old people driving was a funny one, like cars up on 2nd/3rd floors in houses. Had to shut down old country buffet to stop them.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBpKupfQEKE