Hacking Official ShadowNAND

Which path would you like ShadowNAND and SaltFW to have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
was Firmwrite protection for SAFE_MODE ever implemented, Op seems to suggest this feature hasn't been added yet. That means you can boot into safe mode and try to restore which may either result in a brick or uninstalling arm9hax right?
ShadowNAND on its own (without a payload) will refuse to launch SAFE_FIRM to protect integrity and prevent bricks.

Reactions: democracy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is this project still alive?
Real life is super busy right now with work and health issues, I don't have the time to work on this longer than 10 minutes at a time, which is hardly enough to warm up.
You can do the guide, and swap Luma for SaltFW's pre-release build in this thread (previous page I think), and it should work just as fine.

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hardbricked my N3DS yesterday to a freak accident (don't even know what went wrong), and I don't have the resources to get it fixed. With the addition of very busy real life, I think it's time for me to say good bye to the scene as a developer. If anybody wants to continue ShadowNAND, PM me and we can work something out.

Thank you for all the support.

Last edited by Shadowhand,
Reactions: Flame

NoiD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Can I ask a question. Do I have shadownand installed?? I can boot without an sd card and fbi is injected. Here's the content of the sd card.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    22.8 KB · Views: 284

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Can I ask a question. Do I have shadownand installed?? I can boot without an sd card and fbi is injected. Here's the content of the sd card.
Wow good job bumping a tear old thread. Anyway, to answer your question, try if you'll be able to load a bootmanager by holding dpad_down and booting.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

NoiD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Wow good job bumping a tear old thread. Anyway, to answer your question, try if you'll be able to load a bootmanager by holding dpad_down and booting.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sorry about reviving this thread hehe..
This shows up when booting with button down held... BTW, my main goal is to upgrade to b9s +luma3ds... Would it be safe to follow the 3ds.guide??

PS. I've added bootmgr... It now shows SaltFW

Attachments

• IMG_20180512_185058.jpg
    IMG_20180512_185058.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 277
  • IMG_20180512_190716.jpg
    IMG_20180512_190716.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 265
Last edited by NoiD,

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry about reviving this thread hehe..
This shows up when booting with button down held... BTW, my main goal is to upgrade to b9s +luma3ds... Would it be safe to follow the 3ds.guide??

PS. I've added bootmgr... It now shows SaltFW
Yes, you have ShadowNAND installed. You can install B9S without issues.

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would there be an issue if he was on 11.6 and used seedminer? Someone recently bricked doing that because they had A9LH installed - does ShadowNAND count as having A9LH?
Yes, actually. ShadowNAND is based on A9LH technology. If he has NAND backups before he started using seedminer, restoring them should be fine (unless seedminer does some hardware level fuckery).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, actually. ShadowNAND is based on A9LH technology. If he has NAND backups before he started using seedminer, restoring them should be fine (unless seedminer does some hardware level fuckery).
The brick results in a black screen that can't load any menu --- would have to be a hardmod or ntrboot to fix it. I think he had a lower firmware from memory though and can probably use SoundHax. Good to know if someone comes along on 11.6 with shadowNAND though.

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The brick results in a black screen that can't load any menu --- would have to be a hardmod or ntrboot to fix it. I think he had a lower firmware from memory though and can probably use SoundHax. Good to know if someone comes along on 11.6 with shadowNAND though.
NTRboot would fix anything. I myself have recovered from black screen stuff while testing private homebrew. If you can ntrboot, then there's no reason to be careful, just use ntrboot to install B9S/FB3DS, but other than that, recovering FIRM0 and FIRM1 from a pre-ShadowNAND backup should be plenty enough to get rid of it.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
NTRboot would fix anything. I myself have recovered from black screen stuff while testing private homebrew. If you can ntrboot, then there's no reason to be careful, just use ntrboot to install B9S/FB3DS, but other than that, recovering FIRM0 and FIRM1 from a pre-ShadowNAND backup should be plenty enough to get rid of it.
Yeah, I said they would have to use hardmod or ntrboot. The user I am thinking of used seedminer so they didn't have a flashcart already and had to buy one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.