Shawn Layden, chairman and former PlayStation CEO is leaving Sony

shawn-layden-e3-non-piu-stessa-importanza-che-ricopriva-in-passato-v5-363964.jpg

Shawn Layden, current Sony executive and chairman of SIE Worldwide Studios, and former CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment America, will be leaving the company after 32 years of service. The announcement, which came from PlayStation's official Twitter account, was sudden, and Layden's departure from Sony is occurring at a very crucial time, as PlayStation has begun their transition towards the upcoming successor to the PlayStation 4--a console that outperformed all expectations and sales projections, under Layden's tenure. Shawn Layden was hired on in communications at Sony's Tokyo office back in 1987, where he became the Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe in 1999, and then President of Sony Computer Entertainment Japan in 2007, before being promoted to his high-profile role as CEO of SCEA.

:arrow: Source

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, That would be the JP CEO
Is that still true? The gaming division inverted a few years ago and is now an American company. The JP company still exists, but now it's the subsidiary. It was also around that time that the censorship started becoming more pervasive.

Oh okay. The I'll see myself out. :ph34r:
You might be correct. Sony's gaming division inverted several years ago and to the best of my knowledge the American company is now the one calling the shots.

Last edited by ChaosEternal,
Reactions: Immortallix

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
will be leaving the company after 32 years of service......it says the company. Playstation is a departement of the company sony so the headline didnt compiled that he worked for ps 32 years

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wasn't too happy with the recent developments in Sonyland, I wonder if this will have a positive effect on future decisions?

Things like no cross platform mutiplayer, censorship. Not a fan of that.

Reactions: aykay55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izAMt9iehrE