Hardware should i buy a PSP2000 now?

pistone

OP
Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
Ok,i found a near/new psp2000 fully hacked for about 70$ which here in albania is a great deal .........
but i dont know if i have to spend money on the psp now that the 3ds is out
i never had a psp and never played any psp games (from the begining to the end ,just some demos)
so i dont know any homebrew for psp
and i just love homebrews ,mostly i wont ta buy the psp only for the ability to read pdf files,
but i dont know if there is a linux gui for psp ,or any other great psp homebrew ?
also can i play online games with a hacked psp ?

so.........what do you think , better to bay an 3ds or buy the psp and wait for the 3ds lite ?

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
PSP != 3DS
Both have a different library of games
PSP is nearly finished, you got not-a-lot but don't expect any more increase at PSP library
while 3DS is just begging, you will be boored out of your mind till the 3DS gets it's boost

pistone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
nope thats not what i meant .......i know that they have different library or that they are not the same
but my point is ,(now) better to buy a psp with a established game library and with a old hardware,or buy a new hardware with new game library ..........the 3ds
long story short ..........do you like more your psp or 3ds ......and why
happy.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There are some great PSP homebrews out there, but I generally don't care that much for homebrew games. I've already played around with some emulators though, and especially the GBA emulator was very very impressive.
And yes, you can perfectly online with hacked PSP games.

I really recommend you buy one now. Good luck.

pistone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Satangel said:
There are some great PSP homebrews out there, but I generally don't care that much for homebrew games. I've already played around with some emulators though, and especially the GBA emulator was very very impressive.

thnx to tell the truth i also prefer emus on my consoles .......already have a nes emu for nds .........and looking forward for the gba one thnx for the tip
happy.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
master00d said:
Satangel said:

thnx to tell the truth i also prefer emus on my consoles .......already have a nes emu for nds .........and looking forward for the gba one thnx for the tip
happy.gif
I emulated (or tried to emulate) a lot with my DS too but the PSP just leaves no comparison. GBA works so well, it's an even better experience than actually playing the game on a GBA! The DS can not even emulate GBA, while the PSP can do it 4 times the original speed!
I tried DKC this morning on the SNES but it didn't go that well, but I'm sure if you Google for the correct emulation settings it will work at around 40 FPS, which should be good enough. N64 I haven't tried yet. But anything under SNES is incredibly easy for the PSP.

pistone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
well for me gba its enough ..........i have snes on my wii so i dont need it any more
happy.gif

also there is some other homebrew worth looking for ?iv seen the "essentials homebrew programs for psp" here on gbatemp but the list was very short :S
@qlum iv already have a nice video player (iphone 2g) ,but 70$ for and ebook! .........now thats worth buying for
biggrin.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Nathan Drake said:
N64 on PSP is poop. It's mostly proof of concept.

Apparently some games play pretty good (like Super Mario 64).

Except you can't play with sound, and 99% of games have some kind of graphical glitch. Not all game breaking, but always annoying. Framerate issues can be problematic, even in the games considered to work well.

Source: I used it for awhile. :3

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
master00d said:
well for me gba its enough ..........i have snes on my wii so i dont need it any more
happy.gif

also there is some other homebrew worth looking for ?iv seen the "essentials homebrew programs for psp" here on gbatemp but the list was very short :S
@qlum iv already have a nice video player (iphone 2g) ,but 70$ for and ebook! .........now thats worth buying for
biggrin.gif

Some apps I actually use:

- GoTube (with this fix) (watch Youtube videos on your PSP)
- PSPComic (read comic books on your PSP)
- Xplora (file manager)
- IRShell ( The most popular shell for the PSP. iRshell allows your to launch your homebrew, UMD's and ISO's in 1 template.
It also allows you to play your music in the background to your homebrew and games.
It can be used as a remote. There are tons of functions for this application)
- Swarm (game)
- Bookr (e-reader)
- PSP vnc (lets you control your PC with your PSP)

And there are loads on Google, just Google best PSP homebrew and you'll find things.

pistone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Satangel said:
master00d said:
happy.gif

biggrin.gif

Some apps I actually use:

- GoTube (with this fix) (watch Youtube videos on your PSP)
- PSPComic (read comic books on your PSP)
- Xplora (file manager)
- IRShell ( The most popular shell for the PSP. iRshell allows your to launch your homebrew, UMD's and ISO's in 1 template.
It also allows you to play your music in the background to your homebrew and games.
It can be used as a remote. There are tons of functions for this application)
- Swarm (game)
- Bookr (e-reader)
- PSP vnc (lets you control your PC with your PSP)

And there are loads on Google, just Google best PSP homebrew and you'll find things.
well thnx looking forward for this homebrews (especianally irshell i didnt know it had so much functions ! ) ......and believe it or not thats exactly what i was doing right now
tongue.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the PSP's a crapton better than the DS as far as emulation. As far as homebrews the PSP also seems to have more useful utility ones, but the DS definitely has it beat as far as homebrew games.

Satangel said:
I tried DKC this morning on the SNES but it didn't go that well, but I'm sure if you Google for the correct emulation settings it will work at around 40 FPS, which should be good enough. N64 I haven't tried yet. But anything under SNES is incredibly easy for the PSP.The only SNES games that don't run fullspeed on my PSP that I know of are Super Mario RPG and Star Fox.
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Emulation_on_PSP
First linked download there (it has my configuration file and the speedhack file I use, IIRC it's the one dantheman edited).

Guild McCommunist said:
Nathan Drake said:
N64 on PSP is poop. It's mostly proof of concept.Apparently some games play pretty good (like Super Mario 64).
Yeah SM64 runs well, I got like 20 stars on it, but I agree that the emulator's mostly proof-of concept. At least for now... some of the changes they've made over the months have been impressive.

QUOTE(Nathan Drake @ Aug 19 2011, 06:01 PM)
Except you can't play with sound
I play with sound. Not every emulator is ZSNES. Some do actually update.
tongue.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Nathan Drake said:
Except you can't play with sound
I play with sound. Not every emulator is ZSNES. Some do actually update.
tongue.gif

I was thinking more just the N64 emulator. Playing with sounds hurts frame rate, and when I did try the sound, it was so terrible and weird, that I never tried it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk