Hacking Question Should I remove my cfw sd card before booting into sysnand?

MSco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have the following configuration:
- a clean sysnand for playing games online
- dirty emummc for playing games offline

My question: Is it safe, to have the micro sd card (containing all the homebrew and cfw stuff) in the slot, while booting to sysnand or should I remove that sd card everytime when I boot to sysnand?
Could Nintendo maybe see all that stuff on the sd card, when I play online?

MSco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Kafluke
Is it recommended to have 3 partitions then, if I would like to use the sd card on my ofw to get more space on my ofw? I have a 512gb sd card.

- linux swap: emummc
- FAT32: homebrew stuff and backups
- exFAT: for switch ofw dlc/updates/installed titles.

Should I do it like this or is there no need for a 3rd partition, so that I could use the FAT32 partition for my homebrew stuff and for the ofw aswell?

Last edited by MSco,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you can have a triple partition with linux my current build is this

400gb SD (32gb clean for online / 350gb for my CFW) if you wanted android or linux I think you have to do separate SD card. I heard Android and Linux isn't even that great on the switch so use with caution.

MSco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Raw Partition 1
Ok, but that would mean that you have 3 partitions: (1) Raw 1 (32gb), (2) your clean 32gb for online and (3) cfw

And how does your Switch know, which partition shall be used for sysnand?

Would it be dangerous to mix (2) and (3) to one partition? Could Nintendo see all that evil cfw data?

Last edited by MSco,

logandzwon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There really isn't a need for separate partitions. emummc will remap Nintendo to Emutendo while you are using it. OFW will keep all it's files inside Nintendo. Nintendo only really cares if you are loading unauthorized code. Just having stuff on the SD doesn't seem to bother them.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, but that would mean that you have 3 partitions: (1) Raw 1 (32gb), (2) your clean 32gb for online and (3) cfw

And how does your Switch know, which partition shall be used for sysnand?

Would it be dangerous to mix (2) and (3) to one partition? Could Nintendo see all that evil cfw data?

I'm not really a tech guy I honestly followed a youtube tutorial how to set everything up long ago in November lol all I know it reads of the SD it had emulated my real internal memory on my switch. I never personally played on my sysnand for online play because I own a switch lite for that but I do know I could connect to the store or do whatever legal stuff I wanted to do. You would only have 2 partions the 1st one is the 29gb and the rest is whatever space your memory card would be.

I'm still on 9.1.0 I havent used my SXOS license yet unless I need to for future games once they stop supporting 9.1.0. I'm getting lazy I dont want to dig around anymore I just want plug and play for the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol