Hacking Should I Update From 4.82?

ac3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the ps3 super slim with HAN currently. Is there any reason I should update to the hybrid firmware? I'm just wondering because the website for HAN says it will be no longer supporting 4.82. If I should update how would I do this properly?

Thanks in advance!!

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(really no reason at all ............. "reactpsn" for games that require psn activation will not work on HAN .................. if that comes then maybe if you have the hdd space for the stuff) (they are not supporting 4.82 anymore, shame really, that one had no problems, this one, we don't know for sure yet!) (EDIT) (you can still get HAN on 4.82 for now .............. its not like henkaku for the vita, no offline installer or anything)

(you just need the website to install the thing, "hantools" has an offline enabler)

EDIT

the tutorial i posted still works, new steps are just to install the "HFW 4.84" two times in a row from the recovery menu, use a harddrive with no games on it or something, install from recovery, wipe hdd from pc, then install from recovery, then add your hdd with games on it back to the ps3

it is what it is, right now you can avoid the brick risk (you may not have the choice if your too late, just read up on it first), i'm sure "han" is not going to just go dead right now, gona try not to do that myself, thus, making sure any harddrive I want to use are formated for the ps3, with han installed on them, right now! before the website deletes 4.82 support!!!

Last edited by yeshuachrist,
Reactions: ac3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2