• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Shwe Kyin sect expected to name two deputy head monks

Ethan34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
At the 20th meeting of Shwe Kyin Nikaya religious order in Hmawbi township, two monks are likely to be promoted as deputy head monks, as wished by the order’s head monk, said the joint master of ceremonies Ashin Thiri Kizanar Biwuntha.

“Two leading monks will jointly become head monks. The selection will be according to the wishes of Shwe Kyin’s head monk,” he said.

The meeting, which began Monday and continues through Wednesday, will be attended by over 800 Shwe Kyin monks, including 60 foreign monks from 18 countries.

State Ovadacariya Shwe Kyin Head Monk Waso Sayadaw, Bhaddanta Aggiya, passed away at the age of 100 while undergoing treatment at Mandalay General Hospital on February 18, 2017.

According to the rules of the sect, there will be three joint leading monks. With the head monk’s passing, first leading monk Bhaddanta Vijjota becomes the head monk.

what do you think of this now? are the new mr monks gonna be as good as the old ones were or did shwe make mistakes?

please share your nice thoughts!

source: mmtimes.com/news/shwe-kyin-sect-expected-name-two-deputy-head-monks.html

Reactions: Xzi

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Soo...
Tl;dr A head monk died and someone follows in his footsteps?

I'm sorry chap I don't want to sound rude but <1% of temp follows that religion.
Perhaps 1%.

I don't get it tho?

Ethan34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
yes ovadacariya dies at 100 (very old!!!) as head monks, and to take over after him is now joint of the two monks isntead of one which we is used to!

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: