Not open for further replies.

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have already wrote this in the shoutbox but I decided I would make a thread about this. I'm sick of reading the same people constantly lecturing people because they are talking about flashcards on the 3ds to play roms. The same people where playing NDS roms 2month ago, they probably still are, that is different because?

I will cut this short, here is a list of things that make you a hypocrite if your being a piracy nazi on gbatemp:

You don't own 100% of the games you play on any system at all = you are being a hypocrite
You download music without paying for it or you stream your music off the Internet illegally = you are being a hypocrite
You Used to be a pirate and think you're better than everyone else because you recently stopped = you are an arrogant hypocrite.
You pirate 90% of your games but buy major titles and then complain to fellow pirates because they didn't buy the major title = you are being a hypocrite. All games should have the same right to be bought by you.

I know a lot of you love Nintendo. That is completely fine however you need to remember just because you love Nintendo so much it doesn't mean you can bitch at people for pirating Nintendo software, And then find yourself downloading music illegally or any other company's games. You are being a massive hypocrite.

I'm a massive fan of the music industry and people seem to think it's ok to pirate music and not games? whats the difference? if you pirate music but not games you aren't any different than someone who will play roms on the 3ds.

Also let me state I'm also going to buy every game I play for the 3ds but does that mean I will tell everyone who plays 3ds roms they are wrong? no I wont. Due to the simple fact I would be a massive hypocrite. The people on here don't need you preaching at them, they know fine well what piracy causes and you bitching isn't going to change anything.

ps I know my spelling and grammar sucks.

Sorry mods that should probably be in the off topic section.

Supreme Dirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
waaaaaaaaah people want to turn over a new leaf waaaaaaaaaaaah I can't deal with this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

You are aware that far more money goes into the making of a video game than the making of a song, right? For every game you pirate, you're stealing, on average, $30. A song? $2, and that's being generous with song prices.

I don't pirate video games or songs. All my ROMs are legitimately ripped from legitimate carts. I'm paranoid about losing things, and losing an R4 will cost me $40+, where as losing all my actual carts will cost me in the hundreds.

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Supreme Dirt said:
waaaaaaaaah people want to turn over a new leaf waaaaaaaaaaaah I can't deal with this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

You are aware that far more money goes into the making of a video game than the making of a song, right? For every game you pirate, you're stealing, on average, $30. A song? $2, and that's being generous with song prices.

I don't pirate video games or songs. All my ROMs are legitimately ripped from legitimate carts. I'm paranoid about losing things, and losing an R4 will cost me $40+, where as losing all my actual carts will cost me in the hundreds.

It doesn't matter what the costs are. If you pirate music you are just as bad. Hypocrite
smile.gif

Also the damages from piracy have hurt the music industry way more than the gaming industry.

If you walk into a shop and steal £5 worth of stuff and someone else steals £40 worth of stuff, that would make you better? your logic sucks m8.

Supreme Dirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only music I pirate is music which I can't import, either because it's not available on Play-Asia anymore, or because it's too old to reliably find on eBay.

Or it's a gamerip for a game that doesn't have a released OST. I have no idea how to rip the music myself.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I feel like I inspired you to make this thread.
I'll keep it short.

I used to pirate games because I didn't have the money to buy games that cost fucking 150 dollars in my country and my mother doesn't support my gaming. And I'm a gamer.

I have a regular income now , so I no longer need to pirate. I never supported piracy and never will.
I'm planning to buy the DS games I finished soon enough. In fact, with my 3DS and games for it, I already know I'll buy Dementium II.

And no, I don't download music.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wow, really?
I am going to agree with Supreme Dirt on this one.

Yes I was a pirate and yes I pirate here and there, I know damn well I am no better than anyone here, but damn it I am not going to see the 3DS ruined by lazy pirates who won't even see a system life span through without wanting to ruin it with piracy.
Pirating games on the 3DS this early will be damage the future of the 3DS.

And to add to that, I no longer pirate anything that is current still alive. I only pirate things like PS1 and N64 games.

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Wow, really?

Yes I was a pirate and yes I pirate here and there, I know damn well I am no better than anyone here, but damn it I am not going to see the 3DS ruined by lazy pirates who won't even see a system life span through without wanting to ruin it with piracy.
Pirating games on the 3DS this early will be dangerous for the future of the 3DS.

Well you agree you are just as bad as everyone else? yes? how come every 2nd post of yours recently is shoving your hypocrite views down peoples throats recently? Pirating early or later on won't change a thing, It still does the same damage. Read my first post if you pirate at all you are being a hypocrite.

Go buy your old games then. There isn't a need to pirate them. There is lots of ps1 games on psn and sony still make money from them. Once again hypocrites strike again. I respect your honestly though as you will know some people will come in here and act like they have never pirated anything in their life.

Supreme Dirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Go try and find a CDi.

Then come back to me and tell me I'm a terrible person for pirating the CD-i Zeldas, years after their release.

Chesskid1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol his screenname is a gay little catboy, rofl

no offense, its just a funny combination to me.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Supreme Dirt said:
Go try and find a CDi.

Then come back to me and tell me I'm a terrible person for pirating the CD-i Zeldas, years after their release.
You're a terrible person just for playing the CD-i Zeldas.

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Supreme Dirt said:
Go try and find a CDi.

Nintendo still use the old games on VC etc to make money. You are still being a hypocrite if you pirate old games and then bitch at people who are pirating other stuff. There is people on the site who need to import games from America or the UK as they aren't available in their country and it costs them 3-4x as much for them to do so. So your saying because they can't access them they are fine to pirate? same thing m8.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Ikki said:
I used to pirate games because I didn't have the money to buy games that cost fucking 150 dollars in my country and my mother doesn't support my gaming. And I'm a gamer.

Lol@ the "my mother doesn't support my gaming" comment. World class mate, kudos!

D

Deleted-188346

I completely agree with thegame07.

Oh, and I thought I'd point out...
Ikki said:
I used to pirate games
QUOTE(Ikki @ Mar 28 2011, 05:58 PM) I never supported piracy and never will.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Supreme Dirt said:
Go try and find a CDi.

you are a terrible person for wanting to play CD-i Zeldas in the first place.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Puppy_Washer said:

Ikki said:
I used to pirate games
I was never okay with doing it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
thegame07 said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Wow, really?

Pirating games on the 3DS this early will be dangerous for the future of the 3DS.

Well you agree you are just as bad as everyone else? yes? how come every 2nd post of yours recently is shoving your hypocrite views down peoples throats recently? Pirating early or later on won't change a thing, It still does the same damage. Read my first post if you pirate at all you are being a hypocrite.

Go buy your old games then. There isn't a need to pirate them.
You really want to start something with me?
Yes I am just as bad as everyone, but you yet to have understood my reasoning. The 3DS, just came out yesterday
release.jpg
There for it's life has just started, literally the 3DS life has just started and people already want to pirate the games on it.
Now really who's doing more damage to the market here? The guy who's pirating games that are dead and gone or the person pirating games that just came out yesterday, I am going to make this very clear for you in case you missed it, YESTERDAY.
And yes I do buy my old games when I am able to, but sorry these games have been gone for years and getting a hold of them isn't as easy as it would be to get a hold of games that came out yesterday.
Piracy this early on a system will only damage it more than piracy on a system that has been dead for years.

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ikki said:
Puppy_Washer said:

Ikki said:
I used to pirate games
I was never okay with doing it.

What's the difference? "I used to steal and I know it was wrong and I wasn't okay with me doing it, so that made it ok" that's basically what you are saying.

I don't care if the system came out 2 hours ago. You are still being a hypocrite Catboy and if you can't see that you're blind. I can see you are raging when someone pulls the same piracy nazi posts on you? it's not nice is it?

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
thegame07 said:
What's the difference? "I used to steal and I know it was wrong and I wasn't okay with me doing it, so that made it ok" that's basically what you are saying.
No. I'm saying I don't support it and didn't support it as I did it. It's not ok and it never was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1