Homebrew Sighax VS A9LH

Treeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So SigHax recently got officially released I wanted to know what are the differences between SigHax and A9LH, what improvements does it bring over A9LH to warrant me to upgrade from A9LH?

Solution
Well for starters, Luma3DS will only be supporting sighax from here on out. So the biggest advantage is future Luma3DS updates. You can also dump your bootroms and OTP from any OFW.
Sighax also boots at an even earlier point in the system's boot cycle than A9LH and other features that are mostly dev focused at the moment

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well for starters, Luma3DS will only be supporting sighax from here on out. So the biggest advantage is future Luma3DS updates. You can also dump your bootroms and OTP from any OFW.
Sighax also boots at an even earlier point in the system's boot cycle than A9LH and other features that are mostly dev focused at the moment

Solution

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Fewer limitations on payloads, the ability to dump your bootroms (if you use boot9strap and safeb9sinstaller) which can be used to encrypt/decrypt stuff on your pc rather than needing to do it on your 3ds (once someone writes the tools), and of course it will be required for future Luma versions.

Also, don't use derreck's sighax installer as it can easily brick and won't let you dump the bootroms. Use the one in 3ds.guide which installs boot9strap, which is much safer and doesn't require reflashing FIRM every time a new Luma update comes out.

Treeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright thanks for the replies, I have 2 3ds's one O3DS and one N3DS both have A9LH and Luma3DS 6.6 how should update these? Also will I lose any save data or cias that are already installed on my consoles?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs