Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Reactions: binkinator

Deleted member 523475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Probably using the patches from the website with the anime girls.
I mean, those are the patches that the IPS patch creator keeps getting updated every major firmware release to base new patterns off of, so you could just grab the zip from sigmapatches instead of waiting for a script to get updated that will just output the exact same patch results.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks to @impeeza for the latest patches.
Since only Atmosphere got updated with the latest release, only the patches for Loader are required, and these have been added in both IPS and patches.ini format int he package. Here they are, just for reference, but the ones in the OP have also been updated as well:

Attachments

• Hekate+AMS-package3-sigpatches-1.5.1-cfw-16.0.0.zip
    50.8 KB · Views: 73

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How are you guys generating FS patches with IPS patch creator for 16.0.0? It just throws an error about decrypting. Keys are up to date and I've played around with the sizes but nothing allows them to actually generate. All the other patches generate fine.

EDIT: Apparently it won't make them from a Tegra Explorer dump? I think it may be because I don't have the exFAT drivers so some NCAs are missing? I downloaded the firmware complete and it worked.

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What type of IPS patches are you trying to generate?

I literally said FS patches in the comment lol. I figured it out though, IPS Patch Creator requires the firmware dump to have both FAT and exFAT NCAs in the dump or it just won't generate the patches and my Tegra Explorer dump doesn't have the exFAT driver NCAs because I've never used an exFAT formatted card on my Switch and installed the drivers.

I've never had this issue in the past though so Idk why it's suddenly doing this. I'm 99% sure the last two times I generated my own sigpatches I just used my own dump.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So im on 15.0.0 and just updated to 1.5.1 in hopes of fixing a bug.

After update games work fine but tinfoil does not. Figuring its sigpatches. But can I use the newest patches on current bulild with 15.0.0 firmware?
I only update atmos from 1.4.0 to 1.5.1, did not change firmware.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend temporarily removing Mr Dude's IPS Patch Creator from the OPs post. It's been getting flagged for malware by a lot of different scanners, and VirusTotal's sandbox analysis is showing highly suspicious behaviour, including the dropping of a bps patch for patching of said patcher, calling conhost with arguments typical of malware, etc. Something is off about that software. Even compiling from source causes scanners to go off.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark

After update games work fine but tinfoil does not. Figuring its sigpatches. But can I use the newest patches on current bulild with 15.0.0 firmware?
Yes you can. The patches in the OP of this thread also contain patches for all previous firmware and Atmosphere versions

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend temporarily removing Mr Dude's IPS Patch Creator from the OPs post. It's been getting flagged for malware by a lot of different scanners, and VirusTotal's sandbox analysis is showing highly suspicious behaviour, including the dropping of a bps patch for patching of said patcher, calling conhost with arguments typical of malware, etc. Something is off about that software. Even compiling from source causes scanners to go off.

check the source you are compiling (and subsequently getting a warning.) There is no virus. It‘s a hack tool and does some funky things to create the patches.

Reactions: mrdude

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check the source you are compiling (and subsequently getting a warning.) There is no virus. It‘s a hack tool and does some funky things to create the patches.
It's not just Hactool. For 1, my virus scanner flags and stops IPS_Patch_Creator.exe itself. 2, VirusTotal scans show IPS_Patch_Creator.exe is also the culprit.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not just Hactool. For 1, my virus scanner flags and stops IPS_Patch_Creator.exe itself. 2, VirusTotal scans show IPS_Patch_Creator.exe is also the culprit.

Wasn’t intending to point at hactool. I did mean “ a hack tool”.

IPS_Patch_Creator.exe is a hack tool that does some manipulation that triggers false alarms.

@mrdude is a regular here and can speak for himself on the matter.

Reactions: rave420

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn’t intending to point at hactool. I did mean “ a hack tool”.

IPS_Patch_Creator.exe is a hack tool that does some manipulation that triggers false alarms.

@mrdude is a regular here and can speak for himself on the matter.
I'm all ears on this. Knowing exactly where the cause of this is in the code would be helpful. Watching VirusTotal show a BPS patch get extracted from a random zip file and then running the creator from that patch makes one weary.

btw, this is the virustotal results: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/2f58189eb58fdee3118ee4872e944b6095e55ad4aaa14d3290229af1ec762966

Last edited by Dimensional,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

yes you need the new pathces for the new Atmosphère.
You definition of "a lot" is very fluid, the tool is reported by the 4 worst engines ever and 20 of the main engines mark it as safe.

The source is on the GitHub you can review and build by your self if you still have concerns.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you need the new pathces for the new Atmosphère.

You definition of "a lot" is very fluid, the tool is reported by the 4 worst engines ever and 20 of the main engines mark it as safe.

The source is on the GitHub you can review and build by your self if you still have concerns.
I did compile it on my PC, and it got flagged and quarantined almost as soon as it was built.

dbizal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've updated to 16 OFW and Atmosphere 1.5.1. Everything seems to work fine when I change my contents folder to contents.bak, however my Theme doesn't work (Not really a major issue) however Tinfoil just doesn't open at all and it says it's corrupt. I've tried to install it again however nothing seems to be working.
I'm a newbie to this and this is my first Firmware update.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So I've updated to 16 OFW and Atmosphere 1.5.1. Everything seems to work fine when I change my contents folder to contents.bak, however my Theme doesn't work (Not really a major issue) however Tinfoil just doesn't open at all and it says it's corrupt. I've tried to install it again however nothing seems to be working.
I'm a newbie to this and this is my first Firmware update.
that's correct, the themes are stored on content folder you need to install them again.

dbizal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that's correct, the themes are stored on content folder you need to install them again.
Yeah I thought that was the case.

Any idea about Tinfoil not loading though? I've updated the Sigpatches etc but doesn't seem to fix anything.

EDIT: Managed to get it working. Deleted the old Tinfoil Folder and put a fresh version on to the SD and it worked. No idea why but it works haha.

Last edited by dbizal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game