Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
For sigpatches to work properly, you need to pair them with the appropriate version of Atmosphere and firmware.
You're currently on 16.0.2|AMS 1.6.2 while the latest sigpatches in the first post of this thread are for 17.0.0|AMS 1.6.2.

If you really want to stay on that version of firmware, check this tutorial to see how to create your own sigpatches.
Since you're starting out with a fresh emuMMC, I'd suggest updating your emuMMC firmware to the current latest (i.e. 17.0.0) via Daybreak. Firmware files can be found easily by a quick Google search, just extract them to a folder on your microSD card, name doesn't matter as long as you can easily find it.

Firmware 17.0.0 had some major updates (check this post to learn more) so in case you ever cleared your prodinfo in order to avoid getting banned by Nintendo, you'll need to undo it and set up DNS MITM or similar instead in order to connect to the Internet (to update your homebrew and alike).
The patches on the OP are for Firmware FROM 1.0.0 TO 17.0.0, Atmosphere FROM 0.11.0 TO 1.06.2 all of them

Reactions: Blythe93

laotze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I already took the above advice of upgrading CFW to 17.0.0. For whatever reason, it fixed the game-launching issue! I can now run carts without a problem again. Maybe I just needed another fresh SD formatting and slate-cleaning.

...but unfortunately, updating the firmware introduced a bizarre new issue. Now my joycons and Pro Controller basically won’t function in emuMMC when the Switch is docked. Not wireless mode generally—the joycons work fine wirelessly when the Switch is sitting alone on its kickstand—but specifically when the Switch is docked. The joycons will disconnect every minute or two, and the right joycons in particular don’t seem to want to connect more than a few seconds. I’ve tried with several different pairs.

This issue doesn’t happen in OFW—just on emuMMC. I’ve already tried fully unpairing the joycons from the OFW and emuMMC, then re-pairing them on the emuMMC side. Nothing seems to work. The bizarre part is that it’s the docked mode specifically that seems to be a problem. Everything works fine while the Switch is sitting on a table, regardless of range.

Anyone encountered this weird and specific bug before? It makes local multiplayer on emuMMC impossible.

e. Ah ok, apparently this is a known issue in the last few versions of Atmosphere—something to do with the USB 3.0 port. I can’t post links here yet, but it’s issue 2113 on the Atmosphere-NX github. Disconnecting USB-ethernet from the dock immediately fixed the problem. Now I just need to try some of the other solutions from the thread to see if there’s a better fix.

ee. Disabling USB 3.0 from the Atmosphere config file fixed the issue! Apparently USB 3.0 can cause internal Bluetooth interference or something? Whatever the reason, leaving my little issue liveblog here in case someone else stumbles onto this same problem updating Atmosphere.

Last edited by laotze,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
On that Issue SciresM stated what as is unable to reproduce the issue there is no a completely identified cause.

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/2113

Most people have trouble only when using external Ethernet USB3 adapter. so could be a factor.

if you have that issue contact SciresM on Discord.

laotze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On that Issue SciresM stated what as is unable to reproduce the issue there is no a completely identified cause.

Most people have trouble only when using external Ethernet USB3 adapter. so could be a factor.

if you have that issue contact SciresM on Discord.
Which Discord? I don’t see SciresM on the Nintendo Homebrew server.

e. Ah nvm, I didn’t realize there was a GBAtemp Discord these days. Been a long time since I was last here lol. Seems like SciresM left this one as well though?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Which Discord? I don’t see SciresM on the Nintendo Homebrew server.

e. Ah nvm, I didn’t realize there was a GBAtemp Discord these days. Been a long time since I was last here lol. Seems like SciresM left this one as well though?
nop the official Discord of SciresM, look on the github repo of Atmosphère.

Reactions: laotze and Blythe93

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just a heads up, for those not loading atmosphere's package3 via hekate, but via atmosphere's own fusee.bin, you will need to be aware that in the next atmosphere release, if you need to use kip patches for "reasons", that will no longer work as of a recent commit

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
  • Sad
Reactions: Blythe93

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just a heads up, for those not loading atmosphere's package3 via hekate, but via atmosphere's own fusee.bin, you will need to be aware that in the next atmosphere release, if you need to use kip patches for "reasons", that will no longer work as of a recent commit
Just use sys-patch.
It´s more elegant anyway.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I am wondering if sysmodules like Mission Control (Bluetooth MiTM), Themes and bootlogo patches will be affected? they do not have IPS patches on the «sdmc:/atmosphere/kip_patches» path but on the «sdmc:/atmosphere/exefs_patches» one.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
exefs_patches are unaffected by this change. they are applied in the loader reimplementation of stratosphere, not by the bootloader
Post automatically merged:

Just use sys-patch.
It´s more elegant anyway.
I use hekate, plus I roll my own atmosphere anyway, so if I ever switch from using hekate to fusee, I'd just revert that commit lol

Last edited by justinkb,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Whoa, please elaborate. I am currently on CFW 15.2 (or something similar) and I am about to update my switch... Should I update to the latest (v17.0.0 or whatever) version?
At first FW 17 was not supported for many Homebrew or even Atmosphère or sigpatches, but today almost all homebrew CFW and sigpatches are suppported so today is safe to upgrade to FW 17 if you like.

FW 16.1.0 is the most stable and supported but now FW 17 is almost ok for everyone.

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I haven't booted via package3 in years, would this still be a good entry?

Code:
[CFW - FSS0 EMU]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv...