Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah, as said. I stole it directly from Deepsea ;)
no stolen "borrowed" :P
Post automatically merged:

1711736774431.png

I got a little more confused :P

KaedesPiano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about using sigpatches vs sys-patch: wouldn't sys-patch be more optimized and faster since it seems to be significantly less files to load? And with Atmosphere dropping support for ips patching for kip files, shouldn't everyone just use sys-patch instead?

Reactions: grimson

unicornman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Atmosphere dropping support for ips patching for kip files, shouldn't everyone just use sys-patch instead?
Atmosphere still works with sig-patches if loaded via package3 and hekate. Or you can just use a modded fusee.bin such as this one that I compiled for the latest atmosphere which has ips kip patches support.

Attachments

• fusee.zip
    94.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by unicornman,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Question about using sigpatches vs sys-patch: wouldn't sys-patch be more optimized and faster since it seems to be significantly less files to load? And with Atmosphere dropping support for ips patching for kip files, shouldn't everyone just use sys-patch instead?
OK, So far I know this:

Switch console once is started The boot process start the CPU, then the CPU loads Bootloader from EMMC, the bootloader start the loading of firmware.

For most of us, the custom bootloader is Hekate, for others is Fusee.bin -> Package3.
If you use Hekate as bootloader, and setup Hekate to parse Package3, Hekate extract the needed code from that file an creates the second stage of booting, and also if you enabled patching the code loaded on memory is patched using the .KIP files, then the loading of the firmware follow.

If you use official Atmosphère fuse.bin, since version 1.7.0 ES patches are not longer supported, so you don't get any patch applied.

Then When firmware is starting the SYS-Patch Sysmodule is executed before you see the HOS interface, the SYS-Patch sysmodule looks on the loaded firmware for the patterns defined and if needed patch them dynamically.

So both are complementary.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
OK, So far I know this:

Switch console once is started The boot process start the CPU, then the CPU loads Bootloader from EMMC, the bootloader start the loading of firmware.

For most of us, the custom bootloader is Hekate, for others is Fusee.bin -> Package3.
If you use Hekate as bootloader, and setup Hekate to parse Package3, Hekate extract the needed code from that file an creates the second stage of booting, and also if you enabled patching the code loaded on memory is patched using the .KIP files, then the loading of the firmware follow.

If you use official Atmosphère fuse.bin, since version 1.7.0 ES patches are not longer supported, so you don't get any patch applied.

Then When firmware is starting the SYS-Patch Sysmodule is executed before you see the HOS interface, the SYS-Patch sysmodule looks on the loaded firmware for the patterns defined and if needed patch them dynamically.

So both are complementary.
TLDR;
Use both

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
:ha: :ha: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

@KaedesPiano asked I answered and try to do it shortly if you want to tell all the process, could we take a 45 minutes presentation (is available on the net)

And yes: PLEASE USE BOTH!!!!
I await your Powerpoint and Teams seminar

KaedesPiano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:ha: :ha: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

@KaedesPiano asked I answered and try to do it shortly if you want to tell all the process, could we take a 45 minutes presentation (is available on the net)

And yes: PLEASE USE BOTH!!!!
Good to know there's not a performance hit using either or both of them! I asked cause I prefer to have my SD Card and OS as "minimalist" as possible, no plugins or themes etc; and I know there's already a *slight* hit to loading when using emuMMC vs eMMC, just trying to keep my SD Card clean!

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Emunand SD files FW16.1 exFat, Atmosphere 16.2.1 and updated hekate, all is fine, but if I change from using payload Fusee to fss0 to test if there's any difference in OC support but some games don't run anymore and say corrupted...

I'm using latest sigpatches from rentry.org/CFWGuides which are also updated up to latest Atmosphere 17 and latest FW 18.0...

But also already tried with @impeeza sigpatches and it's exactly the same result.

Going back to Hekate "payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin" and rechecking the game it checks OK no corruption and plays fine.

Do I have to now reinstall all damn games that don't run with FSS0?? (that sux).

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm a bit lost on the request.
You mean specifying to use the patches only with Hekate's patching?
Or is there something else I'm missing?
linuxares explained it here but I'd add this line to both settings: kip1patch=nosigchk (Otherwise, in the latest sys-patch release (1.5.1), fs patches will be Patched i.e. patched by sys-patch, not sigpatches, instead of Patched i.e. already patched by sigpatches). Just checked, hekate_ipl.ini which is already included in the zip archive already have kip1patch=nosigchk.

@unicornman posted a modified fusee.bin with ips kip patches support restored.

what's the best way to run sysnand with atmosphere now since if you use fusee it boot emunand
By disabling the emuMMC via Hekate? That should force fusee.bin to use sysNAND instead, I guess.
Note that sigpatches won't work unless you use modified fusee.bin or launch Atmosphere's package3 via Hekate's fss0. Via Hekate, you can launch sysNAND CFW in order to achieve what you're trying to do.

Do I have to now reinstall all damn games that don't run with FSS0?? (that sux).
Not yet, check whether your bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini is correctly set up first. The one included with the zip archive from here should work properly. After you update your hekate_ipl.ini, reboot to Hekate and launch CFW emuMMC or sysMMC depending on which one you use.

Last edited by Blythe93,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bruh that's gray.