Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Capture.jpg

That's for the o3DS update.

D

Deleted-236924

@TheStoneBanana

Please add in the OP a recommendation to use TeraCopy when copying the firmware update .cia files over to the SD card.
It has a built-in function for validating files after transfer by checking their CRC and it alerts you if there is a mismatch.

The first time I transferred my firmware files to my SD card, it found one that had changed, and the second time, it found another one. Third time, they all matched, so I proceeded to downgrade.
Who knows what may have happened if I had just went and done it without verifying if the files matched.

You never know when a file could become slightly changed when you copy it over to your SD card. Better safe than sorry, verify your files when moving them to your SD card.

Also I would recommend making the N3DS J warning in red text and not only bold. Makes it a lot harder to overlook.

Panic.exe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rhapsody @Panic.exe
I haven't bothered to try downgrading yet, but the number of CIA files in "9.2.0-20U(Full)_n3DS.zip" from that iso site is 102 for me.
Oh, I can't help you then.. I'm using O3DS sorry.

Ok, successfully downgraded my console...now what? I've read everywhere that you can't set up CFW yet and install non legit cias.
cfw IS working now.. use any entry point compatible with the fw you're on and go from there.

Last edited by Panic.exe,

Ar7ific1al

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10.1.0U, "downgrade successful." Rebooted in 10 seconds on its own to black screen.
Power on without SD card: "something went wrong, hold power button to turn off and turn back on."
Power on with SD card: black screen.
Press Home on black screen: perpetual "Home" loading screen.
Remove SD card on perpetual "Home" loading screen: "something went wrong"
Gonna try more.

Elratauru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I'm on O3DS... So, if I get stuck before even giving me the option to Downgrade, should I try again until It works or should I try another Entry point? Tried Browserhax and Ironhax already.

Alex-JA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on O3DS... So, if I get stuck before even giving me the option to Downgrade, should I try again until It works or should I try another Entry point? Tried Browserhax and Ironhax already.

Browserhax, Ironhax and themehax don't work for this. OoTHax yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/71-year-old-arrested-after-lapd-finds-nearly-3000-boxes-o...