Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Althir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So... after running sysupdater, the 3ds had "an error occurred" that tells me to power off. I power off and back on. Nothing but blue light. I try to do recovery mode. Blue light. Removed sd card. Blue light. The system turns on but just the blue on light. Nothing else. Help?

I had that error as well, but I got into recovery and updated :(

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... after running sysupdater, the 3ds had "an error occurred" that tells me to power off. I power off and back on. Nothing but blue light. I try to do recovery mode. Blue light. Removed sd card. Blue light. The system turns on but just the blue on light. Nothing else. Help?
Use the recovery

Creqaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Worked perfectly. My 3DS was on 9.9EU but it refused to downgrade so I upgraded to 10.3EU first which made it work. 9.2EU now.

//edit Actually, nevermind, the downgrade seems to have worked but it broke IronFall (doesn't boot) and now I don't have any entry points to use as the browser seems to be broken too, lol Time to go back to 10.3.

Last edited by Creqaw,

vlasp01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey with something like this could we make it so we can man ally install game updates?
Or you could install the game CIA files, and then update EmuNand to 10.3 to get Eshop to download the updates. Eshop downloads the updates regardless of of you bought the game or are playing a backup.

Saikuro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, which sysUpdater should I use in order to attempt a downgrade? I saw so many different releases.

Reactions: brkun

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
FUCK YES 9.2-20E N3DS and it worked perfectly (aside from getting into sysupdater itself)

Here is what i did:

- formated my n3ds (had 10.1, updated to 10.3 then format)
- formated SD (32gb kingstone class10) with SD formater (format overwrite + formatsize adjustements)
- downloaded 9.2-20E firmware for N3DS
- checked md5 of above firmware via this site
MD5: 6dcca8fcbc9a28c82c2a4e5182f3acf8
SHA-1: e7c77bf205137167f1f1befa0c4db9d879a21a2e?
- downloaded this systemupdater which julian posted (SULib one) MIRROR
- downloaded starter kit for homebrew (from smealum site)
- installed TeraCopy to ensure nothing will be damaged via copy/paste on SD card

Once above is done then this:

- put SD to pc
- copy everything lower via teracopy program! (it will show your option when you do it just via copy/paste like normally you do after you install that program)
- copy starter kit folder content to sd card
- copy sysupdater to 3ds folder in your SD card
- copy updates folder to your SD card once you unpacked your downloaded and checked via md5 sum FW
- get your SD card to your 3DS and set up your 3DS (date, time etc.)
- change your theme to something else and back to default (to ensure menuhax will work)
- do browserhax (scan QR code [L+R and then that left sticker] from this site)
- you should go into HomeBrew thanks to above
- choose menuhax manager and install menuhax
- restart your 3DS and hold L to go into homebrewlauncher directly

Once above is done you have properly installed homebrew on 10.3 and it is confirmed that all files are 100% safe to use (that FW you downloaded) and nothing weird should go wrong (it still has that chance though)

Once above was done i started sysupdater from homebrewlauncher.
Since memchunx doesn't work most of the time i had to try 7-10 times before i got #8 success and sysupdater menu.

Then i pressed Y, nothing happened for 3-5 seconds
Then cheking CIA files... or whatever that was for 10-30 seconds
Then it started to install CIA files
Then it got to autorestart in 10 seconds
Autorestarted (NO CRASH)
Booted into 9.2 system without problem perfectly (without taking out SD card)

In other words perfectly updated without single crash (aside from getting into sysupdate menu)

I give my humble thanks to whoever worked on memchunks, julian for this fantastic build and ton of other people that showed me way to ensure everything will work correctly (like teracopy, md5 etc).

Now i have 9.2 and i am wondering what should i do :) Good thing to wonder about :)

EVERYONE READ THİS POST. I HAVE N3DS XL 10.3 AND I HAVE MANAGED TO 9.2 FİRMWARE. THANK YOU @perkel

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The error I had was that my themehax installation only worked with 1.1.0. Therefore 3DS booted with a black screen.

To fix the problem I restored my extdata (to a version without themehax, fortunenally I made a backup) and reinstalled themehax via browserhax

Last edited by catlover007,

Geeta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
After doing the downgrade from 10.3 to 9.2 can I downgrade again to 4.5? I'm feeling more secure in 4.5.

D

Deleted User

IT WORKED
6TH TRY IT WORKED
LITERALLY SIGNED UP ONLY TO GIVE THIS NEWS LMAO
DOWNGRADED TO 9.2 FROM THE LATEST UPDATE
THANK YOU OP <3 <3 <3
YsKB5am.jpg
35dTkif.jpg

exolaris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got to the menu where I can choose to downgrade. I hit 'Y' and it sits at the same screen not doing anything at all. Is this normal or should there be something happening on the screen?

R3d0s3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After a 100 times of trying to get passed the #8 steps with the Last julian20 build.
I've decided to format the n3DS.
After that i've launched browserhax, FTbrowny (for luck), and sysUpdater et voila it worked fllawlessly.

Last edited by R3d0s3,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi