Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gp1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
I'm in the process of doing that right now, did it take many tries for you to launch sysUpdater?
sysUpdater works most of time . but it give me this error usually :Failed to get CIA file info!"
be careful it's dangerous
thanks

Ketchup901

Trophies
XP
Country
sysUpdater works most of time . but it give me this error usually :Failed to get CIA file info!"
be careful it's dangerous
thanks
I got this error but I tried with SafeSysUpdater and it worked first time. On my O3DS SafeSysUpdater coun't downgrade because it didn't have access to am:u or something.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come the MD5 and SHA1 of 9.2 JPN N3DS firmware I get from the ISO Site, and the one OP posted does not match. Am I missing something? Can anyone who downgraded JPN n3ds console enlighten me?

this is what i get from 9.2.0-20J(Full)_n3DS.zip:

MD5: ECF5FAEDDCA45D2C2C7E78206AE078DE
SHA-1: 20B9938FB03DF624CB65F225D5919C29135E12FE

Last edited by Akira, , Reason: additional info

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i need cube ninja

Gateway is also working on a downgrade method if you have access to one of those and don't mind waiting. I haven't checked Cubic Ninja prices lately, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're more expensive than Gateway. Not sure if you will need browser access for it or what?

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am just hunting down the downgrade files and have downloaded it twice from differant sources and the hash does not match what is on the first page...

i downloaded 9.2.0-20E(full)_n3DS.zip and got this hash - AAA5960A3061DA1F08D944D8E7017BD6 what am i doing wrong?
Gateway is also working on a downgrade method if you have access to one of those and don't mind waiting. I haven't checked Cubic Ninja prices lately, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're more expensive than Gateway. Not sure if you will need browser access for it or what?
Cubic Ninja on Ebay is at about $64.99, idk about GW tho

Lazyjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How come the MD5 and SHA1 of 9.2 JPN N3DS firmware I get from the ISO Site, and the one OP posted does not match. Am I missing something? Can anyone who downgraded JPN n3ds console enlighten me?

this is what i get from 9.2.0-20J(Full)_n3DS.zip:

MD5: ECF5FAEDDCA45D2C2C7E78206AE078DE
SHA-1: 20B9938FB03DF624CB65F225D5919C29135E12FE
Yes, the MD5s in the OP don't match those from the ISO site. Make sure that your MD5 is the same as the one posted on the ISO site.
This should be added to the OP to avoid confusion.

The Composer

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Downgraded N3DS 10.3 USA to 9.2 USA. When app rebooted, the console went on a black screen. Recovery mode doesnt work. Booting without the SD doesnt work.

Is it bricked?

xXAFemaleXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hii I'm new to this forum and never downgraded a 3ds before but have a couple of questions just "to be sure" readed a lot about this on these formums :)

My 3dsXL is currently 10.2.0-28E (is that okay?) I would like to downgrade from this firmware but I dont really sure if that dont result in a brick..

The questions are:

1. I have a normal 4gigabyte SD card delivered with the 3dsxl and have all my eshop games on that one. Can I use a different 4Gigabyte formatted SD card and put my normal SD card after the downgrade back in to see my games back? Or is that not so easy?

2. I dont know if I do this right (hope so) but I put this in a spoiler:
I used the 3ds><Iso>< website to download the 9.2.0-20E-O3DS (it was the first one by the EUROPE or EUR if you know what I mean) and there were big black letters saying TIME TRAVELLER PACK and downloaded via mega with my browser, and ended up with a ttp file and unpack it with 7zip there were 130 cia files, I read that someone says to use TERACOPY just to be safe and all the 130 files copyed correct too. But is this the correct file?

Again: Is that the correct file I downloaded?

3. I had badgeArcade on my 3ds and deleted the badges from my homescreen to decorate do I need to delete badgearcade too? Or is it save to have it even with the badges on the screen?

4. And the last question, do I need to format my 3dsxl but I readed if you take the sd card out before the format you have all your games is that true?

Edit: The Online MD5 Hash generator says this by the 9.0.2.0-20E.ttp
MD5 is 977CE39D70F6EA34172CCACA51813D7A
And SHA1 says this 9FEEE8D420759FFED3A34922739F6A526ACB26C8

what does that mean..

Last edited by xXAFemaleXx,

Ketchup901

Trophies
XP
Country
Hii I'm new to this forum and never downgraded a 3ds before but have a couple of questions just "to be sure" readed a lot about this on these formums :)

My 3dsXL is currently 10.2.0-28E (is that okay?) I would like to downgrade from this firmware but I dont really sure if that dont result in a brick..

The questions are:

1. I have a normal 4gigabyte SD card delivered with the 3dsxl and have all my eshop games on that one. Can I use a different 4Gigabyte formatted SD card and put my normal SD card after the downgrade back in to see my games back? Or is that not so easy?

2. I dont know if I do this right (hope so) but I put this in a spoiler:
I used the 3ds><Iso>< website to download the 9.2.0-20E-O3DS (it was the first one by the EUROPE or EUR if you know what I mean) and there were big black letters saying TIME TRAVELLER PACK and downloaded via mega with my browser, and ended up with a ttp file and unpack it with 7zip there were 130 cia files, I read that someone says to use TERACOPY just to be safe and all the 130 files copyed correct too. But is this the correct file?

Again: Is that the correct file I downloaded?

3. I had badgeArcade on my 3ds and deleted the badges from my homescreen to decorate do I need to delete badgearcade too? Or is it save to have it even with the badges on the screen?

4. And the last question, do I need to format my 3dsxl but I readed if you take the sd card out before the format you have all your games is that true?

Edit: The Online MD5 Hash generator says this by the 9.0.2.0-20E.ttp
MD5 is 977CE39D70F6EA34172CCACA51813D7A
And SHA1 says this 9FEEE8D420759FFED3A34922739F6A526ACB26C8

what does that mean..
Download 9.2.0-20E(Full).zip and nothing else.

xXAFemaleXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Download 9.2.0-20E(Full).zip and nothing else.
Thank you for the quick answer really nice :) the 9.2.0-20E.ttp is not right, right?
Gonna find a zip file somewhere, do you know where I can find it easily or what to google? I was on the 3ds ISO site that appeared on the top everyone saying but its a incorrect file.. :blink:

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the quick answer really nice :) the 9.2.0-20E.ttp is not right, right?
Gonna find a zip file somewhere, do you know where I can find it easily or what to google? I was on the 3ds ISO site that appeared on the top everyone saying but its a incorrect file.. :blink:

Definitely first link, I just tried it. Just look for the same title as

"[MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)"

On the list of threads.

xXAFemaleXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Definitely first link, I just tried it. Just look for the same title as

"[MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)"

On the list of threads.

Thank you for the help! Gonna search for it now! Oohh another question almost forgot to tell but I have 2 versions of sysupdater

1 version is named this with 2 files
sysupdater.3dsx
sysupdater.smdh

and another one with 1 file named
safesysupdater.3dsx
(not a smdh file)

but witch one is most succeeded and a less change of bricking the 3ds?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the help! Gonna search for it now! Oohh another question almost forgot to tell but I have 2 versions of sysupdater

1 version is named this with 2 files
sysupdater.3dsx
sysupdater.smdh

and another one with 1 file named
safesysupdater.3dsx
(not a smdh file)

but witch one is most succeeded and a less change of bricking the 3ds?

Both does it job properly, to downgrade. The only difference of SafeSysUpdater is it has a feature that checks the CIA's MD5 if it's correct or not(before proceeding to actual downgrading). So basically SafeSysupdater has a little bit of precautions(there are a lot of scenarios where people downloaded the wrong firmware, thus, hard/soft bricking their devices).

Just make sure, you download the correct CIAs if you want to use either one of them, for the sysupdater.cia, go to the OP(1st page of this thread) and for SafeSysupdater, download it from here

xXAFemaleXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Both does it job properly, to downgrade. The only difference of SafeSysUpdater is it has a feature that checks the CIA's MD5 if it's correct or not(before proceeding to actual downgrading). So basically SafeSysupdater has a little bit of precautions(there are a lot of scenarios where people downloaded the wrong firmware, thus, hard/soft bricking their devices).

Just make sure, you download the correct CIAs if you want to use either one of them, for the sysupdater.cia, go to the OP(1st page of this thread) and for SafeSysupdater, download it from here

Wow thanks again for the quick reply and the search link for the sysupdater! That was everyting I needed to know, hope it's gonna work :)^_^

xXAFemaleXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wauw it worked btw! Used 10.2.0-28E 3dsxl and downgraded to 9.2.0-20E and Safesysupdater worked perfect ! No glitch or error or something, definitely reccomend using this Safesysupdater. Did the A control first and everything was correct then downgraded without looking :wacko: and waited a bit longer than 10 seconds for the reboot :)

Didn't did it without the help!!

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rename the file to 9.2.0-20E.rar and take the contents and drag them into updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk