Hacking SKY3DS Update not working

britt4x4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello! The card just flashes green for a split seconds and turns off again. Nothing happens no matter how long I leave it in.

The file system is FAT32, so that should be fine, other than the update file on the root, there is nothing else on there. The card has always worked fine, no issues until I tried to update it. Can't really find anything online with the same issues to be honest.

Edit- Oh, it's the sky3ds+ btw

Last edited by britt4x4,

britt4x4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nah I got it. I'm just a retard, hurr durr. It seems windows 10 doesn't go to FAT32 anymore and automatically makes it exFAT. Had to convert it manually to fat32. It's just like when my parents or anyone else asks for help. As soon as you take a look, the problem is suddenly fixed by them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

britt4x4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Now I need to get it back to exfat since I want to play games that are 4gb+. Can I just format it and assume the updated sky3ds files are on the cardridge and not my micro sd card?

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now I need to get it back to exfat since I want to play games that are 4gb+. Can I just format it and assume the updated sky3ds files are on the cardridge and not my micro sd card?
What do you mean by that?
All your ROMs and save files are on the micro SD you put in the SKY3DS+. If you format it without saving the files before you'll lose everything.

Reactions: britt4x4

britt4x4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What do you mean by that?
All your ROMs and save files are on the micro SD you put in the SKY3DS+. If you format it without saving the files before you'll lose everything.
I backed everything up before updating, so its fine. To update I had to switch back to fat32, and now I had to format it again to get it back to exfat, so I just returned the back up on the micro sd afterwards.

britt4x4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay now I have another issue. I put a lot of new games on the card, and some work, but some do not show up in the cycle. I downloaded them again from my trusty site which always worked, its the correct region so I don't really know what's up with that. Not that I don't already have enough games on there haha, but I was kinda looking forward to playing them.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay now I have another issue. I put a lot of new games on the card, and some work, but some do not show up in the cycle. I downloaded them again from my trusty site which always worked, its the correct region so I don't really know what's up with that. Not that I don't already have enough games on there haha, but I was kinda looking forward to playing them.
Are they renamed .bad? If so it means that they aren't clean ROMs.
If you're still in FAT32 try with 64kb cluster size.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3