Hacking Slow external hdd wii u

jaisunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a 500gb 7200rpm hard drive with games on for the wii u that worked flawlessly and pretty quick. I have the USB Y cable (2 USB-A connected to the wii u and the other USB MINI-B in the external HDD).

But recently changed it to a 5400rpm as I needed the 7200 one for something else. Since then the game loading times are taking 4 minutes or so to load. Even between gameplay, such as on Mario kart, to get into a race takes 4 or 5 minutes.

I didn't think a 5400rpm drive could make such a drastic difference, especially since I see many people using 5400rpm drives on here with no problem.

I just tested something, I plugged 1 USB to the WII U, 1 USB to the AC ADAPTER and the USB MINI to the HDD, and the load times are quicker. So it may well appear that using both WII U usb ports together on the Y cable, can no longer cope (yet they did before hand). I could leave it in the AC adapter, but I face another problem........

the distance between the USB-A heads are only 20cm. I need them to be 1ft MINIMUM due to the distance between the WII U console and the mains plug outlet.

Advice pls?

Last edited by jaisunny,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, what's pokerogue?