Hacking Smash 4 Easy CSS Editor

Nudelsuppe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dammit, i want to use this thing but i can't use a Smash dump because it's way too large for my computer and the only pack i saw that's already fully packed which has the 2 Giga characters/1 Mega character (Weyay's) uses Mediafire, which i can't use either (due to when i try to download, all it does is to relink me to a virus/ ad site, or isn't european .-.)

Last edited by Nudelsuppe,

SmashGamer112

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Jam1garner, the CSS editor is really helpful and I managed to get it to work. But I have a question about Smash 4 modding. Would it be possible to make a program of sorts to be able to combine patch folders or packed files? It's frustrating to have two patch folders but unable to extract manually the content of both and build 1 folder that has them combined through SmashExplorer. I would really love for such a program to be made, so I wanted to ask if it would be possible in the future?

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thing won't run for me. I just want to be able to see how it might work, but double-clicking the .pyw does nothing, and trying to run it from command line also does nothing.

Any ideas?

Edit: when I try to command-line, I get this error:

ImportError: DLL Load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Last edited by SRKTiberious,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thing won't run for me. I just want to be able to see how it might work, but double-clicking the .pyw does nothing, and trying to run it from command line also does nothing.

Any ideas?

Edit: when I try to command-line, I get this error:

ImportError: DLL Load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
1) do you have python 2.7 installed and in the path (its an option when installing python)?
2) do you have global_parameter_db.bin and ui_layout_db.bin in the same folder?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have python installed, but not in the CSS Editor's path.
I do have both files in the CSS Editor directory.
If it is in the path, you should be able to just open cmd from anywhere, type 'python' (no quotes) and get the version number and other stuff. If it isn't, reinstall python, and look for an option that says add to path or something like that. (I can't remember exactly where it is at, but it might either be in a "which of these do you want to install" or before that page of the installer)

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just put a new installation into the editor's directory, and that ran alright. At least it's open now.

Now, the question is, how can I get a nice-looking Fighting Mii Team set of icons? (although ideally I'd love to just add the FMT outfits as their own selectable costumes for regular Miis)

Last edited by SRKTiberious,

TheRealKyro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have python 2.7 installed and the required files in the same folder as the CSS editor but it won't start. Am I doing something wrong?

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright... I've gotten it settled in, but now, I've run into the "Final Smash characters in Random" issue. Is there any way to -just- fix the Fighting Mii Team, and nobody else? It's no fun when the CPU gets an unkillable character.

Roadhog360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I put this in the character folder in the OP?
If I try, I get to 'param', but 'ui' and 'global' or whatever it was are in a packed file.
What? How am I supposed to use this?

Last edited by Roadhog360,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I put this in the character folder in the OP?
If I try, I get to 'param', but 'ui' and 'global' or whatever it was are in a packed file.
What? How am I supposed to use this?
You are supposed to put the files in the same folder as the program, modify them, then put the files back where you found them.

Roadhog360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, extract them from Sm4sh explorer, edit, and put back?
Edit: I did that, but nothing happens when I try to launch the program.
Correct Python version installed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You are supposed to put the files in the same folder as the program, modify them, then put the files back where you found them.
Quote notification

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, extract them from Sm4sh explorer, edit, and put back?
Edit: I did that, but nothing happens when I try to launch the program.
Correct Python version installed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Quote notification
Try shift+right clicking in the folder with the script, clicking "open command prompt here", and type 'python "css editor 1.3.2.pyw"' (no single quotes). You should get a syntax error. If you don't, that either means you don't have python in the path (can be solved by installing python to the same folder as this tool or reinstalling and selecting "add to path"), or that the files are corrupted.

Roadhog360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try shift+right clicking in the folder with the script, clicking "open command prompt here", and type 'python "css editor 1.3.2.pyw"' (no single quotes). You should get a syntax error. If you don't, that either means you don't have python in the path (can be solved by installing python to the same folder as this tool or reinstalling and selecting "add to path"), or that the files are corrupted.
I found out that Python needs to be in the same folder, but how do I find it? I searched for it and opened the location, but I just get shortcuts. Locating the shortcuts doesn't work.
What happens: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ep6lojtg1b6ngnv/Screenshot 2016-08-12 22.19.44.png?dl=0

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out that Python needs to be in the same folder, but how do I find it? I searched for it and opened the location, but I just get shortcuts. Locating the shortcuts doesn't work.
Redownload the python installer and click modify. There should be an option to add to the path, or add to environment variables. Select that, and you should be able to run it without having to moving folders or installing it in a bunch of places.

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This program is excellent, but I am working on inputting the final smash characters into the CSS without any issues whatsoever. Nothing freezes my game when they win, but anything other than team battle "softlocks" the game. Causing it to forever stay in 1 position in their T like pose. If I can somehow spawn an item that will break their T pose animation like a Deku Nut, someone please tell me. I already know of the generate_weapon command in sm4shcommand. I just don't have any IDs for the items. (Sorry, I talk a lot)

Roadhog360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only have one Fighting Mii Team character. If I add more than one, it'll cause the previous one there to disappear from both lists.

Roadhog360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the fighting Mii Team characters work on Results? I haven't gotten around to testing this tool yet.
Edit: Yes, but using the generic Miis online instantly disconnect the match, but I've seen people use them just fine. Any reasons? I want to use Miis online as I like playing as Miis.
Final Smashes also work on the results screen offline, but I tried it online (Testing, would kill myself to lose the game after), and the opponent crashes (even in Friends), and on public modes, I softlock at the results with a hard to describe weird thing happening at it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...