ROM Hack Smash Hack Help

frillyseal_69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone I'm just starting to learn about 3ds rom hacking and I have been able to make a music hack for smash but i want to be able to use my save data and dlc as well as online mode along with custom music and I need to know how to murge update data and romfs data. I am very limited when it comes to homebrew on my 3ds I have the second newest firmware 10.5 and a new 3ds xl and I have attempted to murge the update and rom before but it crashes when loading the rom hack. Can anyone help me with this? I dont have custom firmware. I dont have a gateway. I have A windows computer. And a new 3ds xl with firmware 10.5
(Im a noob at hacking so sorry if I ask stupid questions)

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't be able to go online with modified files for smash 4 unless you have cfw, which requires a 9.2 ds, a ds on 10.3 or lower for downgrading to 9.2, or a hardmod, which takes soldering skills, a lot of time, and some other things which make the process somewhat complicated.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Arm9loaderhax better than emuNAND? Is it worth to get if you already have emuNAND set up?
In my opinion, yes. A9LH is worth it. It takes a few hours, but should go faster if you already set up emunand previously. Its better, because it will always load faster when turning on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I need shrooms to read his comments