Hacking Smash Ultimate Brick poll

Have you fallen for a smash ultimate brick or know someone who has?

• Yes

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • No

Votes: 609 98.1%

• Total voters

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
20 now. Looking good. But then again it's pretty early days for the thread. We need to wait for the idiots to trickle in.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I would look into the file structure before installing anything shady. If it's legit, it should have the assets from the actual game.

Hugopugo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What if you install the game while in emunand and it bricks... technically one should be safe since it will only brick your emunand and not your actual nand... AFAIK thats the point right? Im not going to try it, but has anyone tested this?

Last edited by Hugopugo,

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What if you install the game while in emunand and it bricks... technically one should be safe since it will only brick your emunand and not tour actual nand... AFAIK thats the point right? Im not going to try it, but has anyone tested this?
I don't think so but that should happen.

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, for one we'll know if it's leaked because everyone will be going absolutely nuts and it'll be posted on some smaller news sources that it was leaked. I'd never be that guy to be first to try it either plus I plan to make a new backup just before installing it so really I should be good but I doubt I'll have to actually restore the backup it tends to be obvious when something is off. Give it 4-5 days before release and no doubt someone will have dumped the game. By then this poll would probably be much higher % of yes because not everyone has good sources...

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people would start using the newer tinfoil (or other installers) with package verification this wouldn't happen :P

isoisoiso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
will ur switch brick if u load fake XCI through TX OS? No internal NSP i meant
Yes
Xci or nsp, doesn't matter, both can be infected
What if you install the game while in emunand and it bricks... technically one should be safe since it will only brick your emunand and not your actual nand... AFAIK thats the point right? Im not going to try it, but has anyone tested this?
I tested it and that's exactly how it works
If you want an extra layer of protection you can use emunand for this

Last edited by isoisoiso,
Reactions: Hugopugo

Hugopugo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
will ur switch brick if u load fake XCI through TX OS? No internal NSP i meant

Of course, its when you run the game that bricks it, not if you install it... whats this misconception that xci games cant brick? Just couse the first brick was a nsp?

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Of course, its when you run the game that bricks it, not if you install it... whats this misconception that xci games cant brick? Just couse the first brick was a nsp?
i expected that TX's XCI loader is just reads rom files, not sure if XCI files even requires further file installation into nand...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.