TO ALL GAMERS: We need to finally end this debate.

Wich platform is The Best Of The Best?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

lucasfergui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
We'll get the awser through a poll, the poll will be closed in 365 days from the moment this thread was made. We need to find an awnser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (This is just for curiosity, dont judge ANYONE for what platform they use)

Vote while you still can!

Edit: To steam deck voters (if any) steam deck counts as PC

(sorry 4 bad English)

Last edited by lucasfergui,
Trophies
XP
I prefer consoles for casual play, but honestly? PC is just objectively better for gaming. Not only do you have the opportunity for much better hardware, which can result in a better experience- You can also pretty much play anything whether it be from something like Steam, or via emulation which can let you play exclusive console games without needing the console.

You can also just use a controller on PC if that's what you want.

The main downside is getting a good PC can be pretty expensive, and because of the wide range of hardware you're obviously not going to see a lot of optimization in most of the games you get. (Not that devs care about it anymore on console either, lmao.)

I personally just have a Switch that I got for cheap, and use that for playing casually. I might get a PC when I get a higher paying job though.

Reactions: Xzi and AncientBoi

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've thoroughly enjoyed every console I've owned, great to just pick up and play something with little to no fuss. But I feel PC is the better platform for gaming, given the astronomical amount of native titles spanning decades, emulation for older (and even some current) consoles, easy access to mods and enhancements for your games, all sorts of stuff.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY PLATFORM!?

OG Xbox wins all day in my book, but anything past that saw a steady decline in quality. PS4 was the best of that generation… N64 and SNES are at the top for retro (pre 2000s)…

Weird poll is weird..

Reactions: bazamuffin

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my take on what I can say.

I've played very little PlayStation, so I can't really speak about it. However, I can say that I'm not generally a fan of PlayStation controllers (I like the 'meatier' feel of Xbox controllers a lot better). PlayStations seem to be adequate video game consoles, with the PS4 being overall stronger than the Xbox One but the PS5 being about on par from the Series X (from what I've gathered, at least).

I HAVE played a good amount of Xbox. I started with a 360 and moved to a One, a One S, and finally my Series X. I am a fan of the controller design, but I've found the joystick rubber to break under intense use. Also, reliance on batteries in this day and age is counterintuitive and annoying. For the price, a Series X/S offers a good deal, with a simple, clean UI, the undeniable appeal of Game Pass, and solid performance on most games. The console has it's issues, but for $500 it offers excellent performance.

Nintendo feels like the sleeper agent of the gaming community. The Wii, for instance, outsold the 360 and PS3 combined. Nintendo consoles and games have always put family and child friendly gameplay first, which has created an odd isolation from the rest of the gaming market. Nowadays, Nintendo continues to create amazing games, but they're also becoming more and more hindered by weak hardware (in the Switch). Nintendo's strategy has always been to be the fan-favorite, and not the most powerful console. In that regard, they succeed quite well.

PC gaming truly feels like optimized gaming. With Steam, emulators, and countless other resources available freely for download, there isn't much of a limit to what PCs can do. Furthermore, the ease of upgrading and replacing parts makes it simple and logical to emphasize some parts of the machine above others. They tend to be much more expensive than consoles, but PCs offer a wealth of gaming resources that ultimately centralize them as the best gaming platform. At least, in my opinion.

Finally, mobile gaming is a bit of a sore subject for most conventional gamers. When most people in our dynamic think of mobile gaming, they probably imagine a sixty-year old man playing Candy Crush with ad breaks on his phone. However, the future of mobile gaming is promising. New developments such as Xbox Game Pass on mobile mean that streaming may ultimately turn phones into an all-in-one device. Nevertheless, as promising as these developments are, they are still just developments, and mobile gaming remains a mere offshoot of gaming.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes a PC in general is pricey, but then you can upgrade this console over time for years to come unlike consoles.
Most console games can be played on PC.
Graphics are better even at low end PC's then most consoles.
PC has more options, you can create, do work, make money, etc., etc.,etc.
And you don't even need to spend more money on a pc to get it to be as good as the consoles, you just need to know what parts to pick.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes a PC in general is pricey, but then you can upgrade this console over time for years to come unlike consoles.
Most console games can be played on PC.
Graphics are better even at low end PC's then most consoles.
PC has more options, you can create, do work, make money, etc., etc.,etc.
And you don't even need to spend more money on a pc to get it to be as good as the consoles, you just need to know what parts to pick.

Looking at your pfp gave the idea of people might even get parts at an Auto Wrecking place [not a joke nor making fun of the vehicle]. Tuch screen monitors, cameras, wiring, etc. Cheaply

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Gaming platform: Nintendo consoles I guess.
Overall platform (the poll question I suppose?): PC.

Pretty much what the poll says.
PC is the best jack of all trades by far, even when compared to hacked consoles.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I like that Xbox is neck and neck with the mobile platforms.

I have a reasonable laptop and a PlayStation but the truth has become more self evident in recent years that handheld is by far my preferred way to play. Steam Deck and similar are starting to make interesting inroads in that direction, but for now, Nintendo wins.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well we are on a forum. Most forum users are PC users.
If this was the early 2000s it wouldn't have made a difference, Sony or Nintendo would've won the poll by a mile. Now though? PC's the only correct answer if we're being objective about it. What other platform allows you to play any game from any system with any controller, with any mods, and all without monthly fees? Deck and other portable PCs take the value of the platform to a whole other level, too. Would've killed to have one back in the era of LAN parties.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looking at your pfp gave the idea of people might even get parts at an Auto Wrecking place [not a joke nor making fun of the vehicle]. Tuch screen monitors, cameras, wiring, etc. Cheaply
PFP? that is my wedding picture, and the car for the day... must be about 60 years old now, is still running 80 km/h
just a lot of hassle to get it filled up, but doing mighty fine.
it's a volvo amazon.
i wouldn't say it's cheap, parts are mostly not there.
a lot of parts are just already reworked, repaired over and over again.
you can't simply find a replacement in many cases.

lucasfergui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Here's my take on what I can say.

I've played very little PlayStation, so I can't really speak about it. However, I can say that I'm not generally a fan of PlayStation controllers (I like the 'meatier' feel of Xbox controllers a lot better). PlayStations seem to be adequate video game consoles, with the PS4 being overall stronger than the Xbox One but the PS5 being about on par from the Series X (from what I've gathered, at least).

I HAVE played a good amount of Xbox. I started with a 360 and moved to a One, a One S, and finally my Series X. I am a fan of the controller design, but I've found the joystick rubber to break under intense use. Also, reliance on batteries in this day and age is counterintuitive and annoying. For the price, a Series X/S offers a good deal, with a simple, clean UI, the undeniable appeal of Game Pass, and solid performance on most games. The console has it's issues, but for $500 it offers excellent performance.

Nintendo feels like the sleeper agent of the gaming community. The Wii, for instance, outsold the 360 and PS3 combined. Nintendo consoles and games have always put family and child friendly gameplay first, which has created an odd isolation from the rest of the gaming market. Nowadays, Nintendo continues to create amazing games, but they're also becoming more and more hindered by weak hardware (in the Switch). Nintendo's strategy has always been to be the fan-favorite, and not the most powerful console. In that regard, they succeed quite well.

PC gaming truly feels like optimized gaming. With Steam, emulators, and countless other resources available freely for download, there isn't much of a limit to what PCs can do. Furthermore, the ease of upgrading and replacing parts makes it simple and logical to emphasize some parts of the machine above others. They tend to be much more expensive than consoles, but PCs offer a wealth of gaming resources that ultimately centralize them as the best gaming platform. At least, in my opinion.

Finally, mobile gaming is a bit of a sore subject for most conventional gamers. When most people in our dynamic think of mobile gaming, they probably imagine a sixty-year old man playing Candy Crush with ad breaks on his phone. However, the future of mobile gaming is promising. New developments such as Xbox Game Pass on mobile mean that streaming may ultimately turn phones into an all-in-one device. Nevertheless, as promising as these developments are, they are still just developments, and mobile gaming remains a mere offshoot of gaming.
That's the longest post I've ever seen
Post automatically merged:

It's pretty interesting that no one voted for Xbox

codie-fz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think there is a definitive "best". Its all down to what the user wants from a platform.
Agreed. I voted PC since that would be the platform I'd choose if I had to choose one and couldn't use anything else anymore. Emulation plays a huge part here since a PC would enable you to play pretty much everything given some time.

However, if you're not into tech at all and only want to casually play some games, nothing beats a console.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...