Hacking SNEEK wont boot past Health Screen

starwarsfan541

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first time booting SNEEK, I am using my own NAND dump with regular SNEEK.
My error is that after the beginning health screen, it will not load still after twenty minutes.
Here is my current Wii setup
Older at least 2008 Wii
Boot2 installed
I have also managed to install cios and other channels and a custom theme, but for some reason this program seems to just hat me
Also, my disk drive does not seem to work anymore, could this be part of the problem?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Using your own NAND dump will make it take ages if you have much stuff installed (channels, save games etc.). You're probably better to use a clean NAND dump if possible (e.g. use something like ModMii to build an emulated NAND setup with just SM and essential IOS), it should be a little faster (can still take a long time first boot).

If you do decide to use the dump you already have, just leave it for a while until it finally boots, and it should be faster on successive boots I believe.

starwarsfan541

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using your own NAND dump will make it take ages if you have much stuff installed (channels, save games etc.). You're probably better to use a clean NAND dump if possible (e.g. use something like ModMii to build an emulated NAND setup with just SM and essential IOS), it should be a little faster (can still take a long time first boot).

If you do decide to use the dump you already have, just leave it for a while until it finally boots, and it should be faster on successive boots I believe.

I tried to boot it with a clean nand, but I always just get a black screen without even the health screen.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, that sounds odd. How long did you leave it? It can still take a long time to boot (I have read that is can take up to 20-30 minutes to reach health screen on first boot on a ModMii built NAND - personally when I tried it, it took a few minutes). It depends a lot on the speed of your SD card. If you have a poor quality, cheap SD card, it'll take a long time.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I am not 100% sure, but I think the latest Crediar revisions have issues with priiloader.
You could try to boot the nand without it and see if it makes a difference.
Just go to the titles/00000001/00000002/content folder and rename the 100000xx.app to 000000xx.app.
You will need to rename the original 000000xx.app first. xx depends upon your system menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2