Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
YoshiInAVoid said:
I have a rootkit on my XP computer so the link you sent me just takes me to the "Firefox cannot establish a connection at..." page, as it does with all other virus protection sites, as well as the microsoft site, and I cannot use google or any other search engine since it just redirects me to "licosearch" which has practically no links for anything that I search.

I'm sorry to say that, Yoshi, but... You either need a LiveUSB/CD or... Nuke the bastards. Nuke'em and never be bothered by them again.

C:\ format c:

Are you sure? [Y]es, [N]o, [A]h, what the hell >>; ?

A

*Boom*

Markster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about your rootkit YoshiInAVoid.

----------

You know i had an awful virus on one of my computer last year, i had a rogue anti virus, but my little brother got rid of most of it, and i finished it off by System Recovery to Factory Settings.

----------

I have SNES Game Maker demo on my computer, do i got the rootkit!!!

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Hopefully you do not have it Mark. Please check by going on www.google.com and clicking a link. If it works as normal then you don't have it, but if it takes you to a site called licosearch then sorry but you do!

Once again sorry to everyone who downloaded the demo, I feel so stupid, how did I not remember?
unsure.gif

EDIT:

I own 2 PC's, one with a horrible virus, and one which has virus protection and is completely clean.

I accidently uploaded a demo with my infected PC however if you read the rest of the GBATemp post you will know that I removed it immediatly after I found out.

Ever since then I always upload the next version with my clean PC, and of course scan all the files first.

I am glad that you brought this up so there is no confusion.

Apart from the very first demo (an accident) which has been removed and was only downloaded 4 times anyway... Every single file is safe.

Markster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it doesn't do that for me, i am pretty sure i don't have this rootkit virus.

----------
Steven. Markster's Brother Says:

Yes. If you have not already removed it. Here's a little help
biggrin.gif

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti...&tag=button
Malware Bytes. It may help.

Try these scanners too. If malware bytes did not fix it.

http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro
Hitman pro. Good with rootkits. I think it is....

http://www.superantispyware.com/onlinescan.html
An alternate to malware bytes. It sounds fake. But watch videos and you will know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/combofix
Combofix. Just try it.

And those are some scanner's you can try
smile.gif

Oh and use safe mode with networking to download and scan with these.

Reboot your computer. At the first screen keep pressing F8 and wait then press safe mode with networking.

Hope i helped.

Steven.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
MasterPenguin said:
Granted playing on real hardware is better, using an emulator would be far easier to test your game. Instead of loading it onto your cartridge or memory card, simply compiling and running it just seems so much easier. Not to highjack your thread or anything, I am curious though, what's so different about using the USB controller for you, Yoshi?

Someone making a SNES game maker would very likely need to check that the output game works on real hardware. It would be a shame is you spent hours creating a nice SNES game that doesn't actually run on a SNES.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Haha, I already thought of that!

Even though the ROM's that are generated through SNES Game Maker currently don't have a header, it still works perfectly just like it does on the emulator:
img1715s.jpg

Thanks for testing and sending me that picture Jockel!

Oh and you will love the new functions that I have added in:

SwitchToRoom [Room name]
Example:
SwitchToRoom Menu

And:

SwitchToRoom_If [Variable or number] [On condition that] [Variable or number] [Room name]
Example:
SwitchToRoom_If Health = #0 GameOver

I have built a new example called "Switching_Rooms"

Oh and thanks for all the virus help but I don't need any more links as it's just spamming the topic now
tongue.gif

EDIT:

I own 2 PC's, one with a horrible virus, and one which has virus protection and is completely clean.

I accidently uploaded a demo with my infected PC however if you read the rest of the GBATemp post you will know that I removed it immediatly after I found out.

Ever since then I always upload the next version with my clean PC, and of course scan all the files first.

I am glad that you brought this up so there is no confusion.

Apart from the very first demo (an accident) which has been removed and was only downloaded 4 times anyway... Every single file is safe.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Ben_j said:
YoshiInAVoid said:
Ben_j said:
I never looked at how to make SNES games. Is it regular C or ASM ?
unsure.gif
ASM. If you read any of the posts here then you would have known.
Sorry, I just read the first post

It is possible in C, but there is little info on how to set up the tools and nothing at all about using sound.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
There is snesc lordtech, but it just mimics c, and is completely writen in asm anyway if you look at the libary at all.

Although there will be a small SNES Game Maker libary to run along side it which defines a few things just to make it a bit more realistic, most of the processing will happen in the application it's self. For an example, look at how the SwitchToRoom function works:

After compiling it generates the source code for all of the rooms and scripts and everything, and at the end there is this little line:
Code:
FinalCode = FinalCode.Replace("SwitchToRoom ", "jmp ")

So when the source code is fully compiled all of the SwitchToRoom's that are typed will turn into jmp's.

However somtimes it's not quite that simple, for instance, the "SwitchToRoom_If" function is over 20 lines long!

So thanks for the offer RoyalCardMan but I'll have to pass because it doesn't really use a libary, just an inbuilt converter before it is compiled.

Oh and spinal_cord, are you obsessed with sound?
rolleyes.gif

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, seeing that the SNES is fabled for its superior sound chips during its life cycle, I can understand where Spinal's comming from.

Also, are you *the* Spinal who made Spinal Media Player? PM me if so, I wanted to ask you something, but that'd be off-topic.

Markster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a NTSC SNES YoshiInAVoid, i thought you had PAL since you live in Europe.

----------

Cool that you got your game on the real SNES.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Markster that picture is from Jockel. I sent him a Rom to test it and it works!

Oh and spinal_cord that's perfectly understandable. When I was younger I had a TV in my room and I would turn off the lights, and turn down the TV volume so my mum thought I was asleep, and then play a couple of games, but it wasn't quite the same. Good times though
smile.gif

I am currently working on the function system, and when it is finished I can release a real demo. One without a virus, and installs itself correctly.

Thanks for all the comments!

EDIT: New screenshot!
Screenshot2.png

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Mamma mia! Ho un numero di due post!

Ciao! I have news for all of you!

I now have a real download! It features many updates from the previews which is highly primitive in comparison. You will notice for a start that it good enough to get a link in the main menu bar! Then you realize that it's in an exe rather than zip, that's the auto-installer taking action! The actual program has an insert function system which you can access in the script editor, which is still being worked on a little bit however does the job all the same. It also comes with three, count 'em three examples; even more to come in the future though! I have also fixed many bugs however it will still crash sometimes
wink.gif

And best of all...

No virus's this time! It has had a full scan on the installer as well as the extracted files and has found no threats at all!

Download it from: http://www.snesgamemaker.co.cc/

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
*Bump* 47 downloads and not a single comment or suggestion?

Anyway, at the moment I am trying to work out how to get SNES Game Maker to convert sprites into a format that can be used by the SNES, this is half done, soon I will create load pallete and create sprite functions to go with it.

SimianSegue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 things:
First of all, hey Markster! I didn't know you were here. It's me, the same SimianSegue from DKC Atlas. Nice to have you here!
Second of all, this is very, very interesting to me. I would download it now except for the fact that my computer is acting up a little. Can't wait to see more!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag