Hacking Snes9x v3.1 released

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
Nocturno said:
GameDragon said:
Did you create a saves folder on your SD card?

yes, two folders "roms" and "saves"

But did you saved a super metroid game with save ram function?

Other wise a ram maybe not was created.
There for it cant find any file.
The autosave function may not work 100% properly yet, so try to save manually.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a version of the emulator floating around that does not have to scan the entire rom directory each and every time you attempt to load a new game? Like perhaps cache the rom listing to a file?

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
zektor said:
Is there a version of the emulator floating around that does not have to scan the entire rom directory each and every time you attempt to load a new game? Like perhaps cache the rom listing to a file?
well....it's a matter of 2 seconds...or do you have something like a thousand roms stored in the SD, and so it takes 2 minutes to scan the folder??

Nocturno

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
TaxiTitan said:
Nocturno said:
GameDragon said:
Did you create a saves folder on your SD card?

yes, two folders "roms" and "saves"

But did you saved a super metroid game with save ram function?

Other wise a ram maybe not was created.
There for it cant find any file.
The autosave function may not work 100% properly yet, so try to save manually.

I can not even start the game, I get the error when the emulator is trying to load it..

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Prisoner said:
zektor said:
well....it's a matter of 2 seconds...or do you have something like a thousand roms stored in the SD, and so it takes 2 minutes to scan the folder??

lol funny thing is a few people say they've actually got every game released in their region. so yano, that could be annoyin for him
tongue.gif

73ARM3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nocturno said:
I´m getting an error everytime I try to run any game, with super metroid it says:
"unable to find /snes9x/saves/AD2CBF9C.srm"

what´s that?

I was getting this, all I did was goto Save manager>>> SRAM manager>>> and click on Save SRAM.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
Prisoner said:
zektor said:

lol funny thing is a few people say they've actually got every game released in their region. so yano, that could be annoyin for him
tongue.gif

Yes, actually I have my roms weeded out to contain only USA releases, and if there were multiple revisions, only the last revision. Turns out to be 832 romfiles. So, yeah, it takes more than a second to say the least
smile.gif

The thing is, I have 830 Genesis roms with Genesis Plus, 417 with SMS Plus, and 811 with FCE Ultra. Each of these simply shows the romlist immediately. Again, not a huge deal and I am not complaining in the least (the emulator is an incredible work), but I am just curious as to why (internally in code) it would need to parse the rom directory over and over whilst others do not.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
zektor said:
revision. Turns out to be 832 romfiles. So, yeah, it takes more than a second to say the least
smile.gif

The thing is, I have 830 Genesis roms with Genesis Plus, 417 with SMS Plus, and 811 with FCE Ultra.

ohmy.gif
why so many? you download from torrents? and what size sd card do you have? mines a 1GB and i've filled like 100MB of it with just 62 games!

goonjamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing final fantasy 3 (us version) and it's been working fine up until I get to the world map. Here my character will only go left, I can't go up or down which makes in impossible to go anywhere? Has anyone else encountered this? I've tried with the classic controller, wiimote only, and wiimote and nunchuck.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
zektor said:
revision. Turns out to be 832 romfiles. So, yeah, it takes more than a second to say the least
smile.gif

The thing is, I have 830 Genesis roms with Genesis Plus, 417 with SMS Plus, and 811 with FCE Ultra.

ohmy.gif
why so many? you download from torrents? and what size sd card do you have? mines a 1GB and i've filled like 100MB of it with just 62 games!

Guess I like variety/am too lazy to keep adding games I want to play. Add em all in one shot and never bother again
smile.gif
I have a 2GB, the roms are compressed and it takes up a little over 600MB. Not bad at all. And no, not torrents. I have had these for years...

Brownstone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for a great application, one question tho... Is there gonna be a 4 controller support version anytime soon? I have 2 wiimotes with nunchucks and 2 gamecube controllers for my wii which would make perfect use for 4 controller support.

logical-dude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
goonjamin said:
I've been playing final fantasy 3 (us version) and it's been working fine up until I get to the world map. Here my character will only go left, I can't go up or down which makes in impossible to go anywhere? Has anyone else encountered this? I've tried with the classic controller, wiimote only, and wiimote and nunchuck.

i had the very same problem with version 3.0 and 3.1 the only way to play ff3 is use v2.5.
hopefully the next release will fix this problem.

jeddie45801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
logical-dude said:
goonjamin said:

i had the very same problem with version 3.0 and 3.1 the only way to play ff3 is use v2.5.
hopefully the next release will fix this problem.

I was really bummed out about this because FF6 is one of my favorite SNES games but then I was messing around in the settings and found that if you disable transparency (makes the text box look like FF4, you can't see overworld map, and you miss out on the cool magic effects, etc.) or enable FPS display (much less of an eyesore) in the emulator options, that you can move like normal on the map. This makes the game playable and you don't have to use 2.5 and give up 480p.
grog.gif

Melly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mellycrossing.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having troubles with saving... specifically, no save files (.srm) are being created in the x:\snes9x\saves folder. I tried saving my game at a save point on Seiken Densetsu 3 and then reloaded, but there is no save file and I have to start a new game. Sorry if I'm missing something... I read through most of the posts in this thread and didn't see a problem exactly like mine.

edit: Ok, I guess it is creating the save file for the game, the filename for the save just looks weird. Problem is, the game doesn't seem to be using it or something. When I save at a save point in the game the data still doesn't seem to be saving because I reload the game and my progress is gone!

edit #2: Ugh, I got it... man do I feel silly, but then again I'm used to ZSNES that does everything for me. Just figured out I need to get back to the menu via c-stick on GCN controller and save the sram and state there.
smile.gif

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure Auto SRAM is turned ON in the Save Manager menu. Otherwise try to explicitly load the SRAM data before playing. Does SRAM work with any other games? Try Mario World or something else quick to verify.

Melly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mellycrossing.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Canada
Smack said:
Make sure Auto SRAM is turned ON in the Save Manager menu. Otherwise try to explicitly load the SRAM data before playing. Does SRAM work with any other games? Try Mario World or something else quick to verify.

Auto is on but I guess it wasn't working or maybe it's the ROM, who knows. It works if I manually go into the menu and save SRAM (and I do state as well, just to be sure
tongue.gif
) after I've saved at a save point in the game.

Thanks for the help though... I will be investigating this with other games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    And a shoot out with the police is like RoboCop lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Temp is back back again
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    why were servers down?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because it was telling a friend
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, telling what?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Maintenance most likely.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, understandable
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hopefully it wasn't a DDoS attack.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i was already believing that was the reason it was down
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, The response from the page said it had too many connections. So perhaps, flooded traffic?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, it didnt say that for me
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, It only shows that if you do 'View Source', right below that it'll tell you the SQL response query. I feel like a nerd lol.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But for everyone, it said unexpected database error.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just said database error for me
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she said it only said "too many connections" when you view the source
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna try to actually beat touhou 6
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Have fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i recall playing some hard undertale fangames way before playing touhou, like the genocide asgore fangame or the mettaton neo 2.0 one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    so atleast im already kinda used to bullet hell games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and yea i played both undertale and deltarune too although those are a piece of cake compared to any touhou game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aaaaaaannnnnnd i already lost all my continues
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only set three default lives btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz of score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i think i first should focus more on beating the game rather than obtaining a high score
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think i first should focus more on beating the game rather than obtaining a high score