Hacking So...DealExtreme is reliable right? And a few Qs...

HaveFallen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, ok, don't get mad, I know this has probably asked many, many times. I just need complete confirmation.

And by the way, would this work with the new DSi updates?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18728

I'm getting a little confused. Two comments down, on the 8/1/2009 post, he/she says that the latest DSi update kills the functionality of the Acekard and blocks all flashcards. If you go to the latest post, 9/1/2009 he/she says all known updates doesn't work anymore, and you can use the Acekard.

Can you guys clear this up?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the team have updated their card that makes it compatible with 1.4X

as for DX being reliable, well from what i here its GOOD enough. Delivery times aren't what you would call great, but still not bad over all.

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything I've ordered has showed up, just takes a few weeks.

The top two complaints I hear are:
1. Some items take 2+ weeks to start shipping, even if "in stock" when ordered.
2. Return process is bad. They have you pay for the return shipping, which often times makes it not worth it. Supposedly they can accommodate some people who take pictures and whatnot in their support forums, but reliability is iffy there as well.

I've never had the need to deal with their support. The only thing I've had delayed shipping on is two weeks on my EDGE, though I expected as much because they had a notice on the item page (with the complaints this apparently wasn't the case.)

the_joeba

Trophies
Website
www.comicofrevelation.com
XP
Country
United States
The card is updated by the user. You have to be using a pre-updated DSi (or other DS) to boot the Acekard and install the update, but all Acekards 2i's are compatible with the update. I don't know if they ship with the current update, and I mostly doubt it.

I have had some slow shipping in the past (over a month to send), but I have also placed an order that had 2 separate shipments because of an item being out of stock. It's not consistent, but it's cheap and shipping is free. I will continue using them.

nadoon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I heard, yes it is reliable. I ordered the acekar2i from them on the 22nd. I still didn't get it. I'm expecting to receive it today. You should get an acekard2i too. Because the update is not a problem at all. Just download the update yourself and fix it onto the acekard.
biggrin.gif

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
No buy from Realhotstuff.com
Really? I thought the same item was more when they added the shipping costs??

gamebygame's price includes shipping, no suprise extras and they deliver priority mail. I recieved my cyclo in two days from Cali to Chicago.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Todderbert said:
jakob95 said:
Really? I thought the same item was more when they added the shipping costs??

gamebygame's price includes shipping, no suprise extras and they deliver priority mail. I recieved my cyclo in two days from Cali to Chicago.
GameByGame are shit. From my experiences. They claimed one of their items was the lowest price on the net, I found 3 other sites that sold it a lot less, I told GameByGame and they still haven't given me a response.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
QFT. I highly highly recommend them. I am STILL waiting on any sort of shipment info from DX for a pandora battery and it's been 2 weeks now. Go with realhotstuff they are very quick, especially if you are on the east coast!

JohanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
GameByGame are shit. From my experiences. They claimed one of their items was the lowest price on the net, I found 3 other sites that sold it a lot less, I told GameByGame and they still haven't given me a response.
Did you include shipping charges in your price comparisons? GameByGame ships for free, and their shipping is FAST.

I am willing to pay a couple of bucks more for reliable service...

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
JohanX said:
ShatteredScreens said:
Did you include shipping charges in your price comparisons? GameByGame ships for free, and their shipping is FAST.

I am willing to pay a couple of bucks more for reliable service...
Actually, they charged for my shipping. And it took 5 days, as apposed to DX taking 8. So as well as DX being cheaper, having free shipping, it only takes 3 days more to arrive.

kiwovo

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Deal extreme are perfect.. and i got genuine cart!
awesome price.. delievry isn't that bad.. took like 10-7 days for me (israel!!)

Magimog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can buy a genuine Acekard 2i and a 2-4GB microSD card at DX for the price most of these people are paying for one card + shipping! I guess its that "I NED PLAI NAO" people that absolutely cannot wait to starting pirating stuff.

Also to OP DX is awesome, they have a crap ton of useless gadgets to waste your money on as well
biggrin.gif

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok,I bought mine 2 days ago from Realhotstuff.com and its free shipping for Americans and its 1-3 days shipping time. =) My friend got his in 2 days. I get mine tomorrow.

fallinroxas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered two acekard 2i. One for me and one for my friend (whose card we used) I ordered them on the 22nd of last month and they are just now sending them...grrrr....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Jd9ka6fTZUw