Homebrew So frustrated! Need clarification/help installing large games

texmcc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have been reading everything I can online for days and apparently I am missing something. And by now I am at frustrated af! I have my wii U running CBHC cfw and have installed a few small games using wup installer but cannot for the life of me find definitive answers on how to transfer and install games like Jurassic World (DL'ed from Wii U USB helper is 4.10Gb) or Lego The Hobbit (also DL'ed from USB helper at 7.1Gb) so am I just completely missing something? I have half a dozen modded consoles around my house and haven't ever had a problem I couldn't figure out or at least google my way out of until now...

I apologize if there is a glaring obvious forum post I have somehow missed. & Thank you in advance for any advice or help!

-frustrated mom

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a 'single' file size limit of 4GB on usb drives/pens/sticks as they are formatted with the fat32 filesystem. So if you have a file which is over that limit you will have to split it. If that is not the problem then hopefully someone else can help you. Good luck.

Last edited by ILuvGames,
Reactions: texmcc

texmcc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I feel dumb atm lol! :teach: File not folder duh! Thank you for your reply, it kick started my brain. What threw me is I am used to wbfs format and I read a post about transferring large game files using a usb drive in place of the SD card to get around the size issues. So that plus the wii's size limit and all that I just got stuck on it being the same haha!

Thnx again for your reply!

Reactions: ILuvGames

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow I feel dumb atm lol! :teach: File not folder duh! Thank you for your reply, it kick started my brain. What threw me is I am used to wbfs format and I read a post about transferring large game files using a usb drive in place of the SD card to get around the size issues. So that plus the wii's size limit and all that I just got stuck on it being the same haha!

Thnx again for your reply!

Glad it all worked out for you in the end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...