Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
On a Chinese "roulette" website that is like buying a mystery box. You never know if it is going to be damaged, another item, or never arriving.
Well it seems to work for everyone else so unless the universe is conspiring against you it's probably fine. You can always check the store reviews. It's no different to buying from eBay except Ali Express won't take shit from Nintendo's lawyers because the CCP won't bow down to big companies the same way western countries do.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eBay literally endorses bots that bid at the last second, preventing others from getting the item.
and Unpatched Switch endorses people to walk the line of Copyright law.....
You point? You are complaing bout switch being 2X of MSRP, I have provide Direct links of cheaper ones
....I mean it sounds like you beating around the Bush.... looks like you're Hoping A Someone to GIFT you a Hacked switch or at least sell one lower then market price...
and if thats the case you can just directly ask, instead of swatting all the ideas we are giving you

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Welp could always run Switch emulation the 100% free route
Actually, I have considered it and set up Yuzu and installed Mario Odyssey. Turned it on, and I couldn't believe it wasn't a PowerPoint presentation. But that was years ago, maybe it improved already?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I have considered it and set up Yuzu and installed Mario Odyssey. Turned it on, and I couldn't believe it wasn't a PowerPoint presentation. But that was years ago, maybe it improved already?
Yes Yuzu has gotten way much better for sure tho the rest just depends on your PC
And it has to be Early Access Yuzu not the crappy public one

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
Then how do I hack my Switch. So what, there isn't a way to downgrade the firmware or do actually ANY COOL STUFF with it?
I don't think you understand how it work.

To do anything without glitching or exploiting a very early component in the chain of trust (like the bootrom) you need whole exploit chain (so, you need multiple exploitable bugs) that allows you to get kernel or trust zone privileged execution. This is not your easy run off the mill buffer overflow and this is something that's heavily mitigated by hardware mechanisms such as ASLR, NX bits... not to mention the fact that Nintendo can fix these exploit through firmware updates. No you can't downgrade because the Tegra X1 uses efuses and the efuse count needs to match the value expected by the bootloader, once you update efuses are blown to match this counter, this is a one way, irreversible operation.

It is much easier instead, to compromise the integrity of the security in the boot chain by doing hardware based glitching than exploiting using software further down the boot chain. That's what modchips do.

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I just don't want to pay scalper prices, just like any sane person on Earth.
but you talking about a discontinued product that is high demand, Your talking about the Current Market Price... This is a Capitialist society. Why do you hate AMERICA?

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I don't think you understand how it work.

To do anything without glitching or exploiting a very early component in the chain of trust (like the bootrom) you need whole exploit chain (so, you need multiple exploitable bugs) that allows you to get kernel or trust zone privileged execution. This is not your easy run off the mill buffer overflow and this is something that's heavily mitigated by hardware mechanisms such as ASLR, NX bits... not to mention the fact that Nintendo can fix these exploit through firmware updates. No you can't downgrade because the Tegra X1 uses efuses and the efuse count needs to match the value expected by the bootloader, once you update efuses are blown to match this counter, this is a one way, irreversible operation.

It is much easier instead, to compromise the integrity of the security in the boot chain by doing hardware based glitching than exploiting using software further down the boot chain. That's what modchips do.
Yeah, if only they could be installed without the need to solder.

xdMatthewbx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a MARIKO (iPatched) switch. I am not willing to sell it, and/or buy a modchip from a sketchy website, hope that I actually get it, and then solder it. Unpatched switches are no longer being made, and they sell for 2x MSRP.

Please tell me that there's a hack in development for these Switches. Mine is on latest FW (13.0.2 I think?)
If there are i'm confident anyone who has the intelligence to find a vuln has the intelligence to hold on to it until Switch EOL, so potentially yes, but not for a while.

TL;DR potentially in several years, any time soon no

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
but you talking about a discontinued product that is high demand, Your talking about the Current Market Price... This is a Capitialist society. Why do you hate AMERICA?
Why is it even discontinued when it is the ONLY WAY apparently to actually hack a switch?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should've hit me up. I was selling an exploitable switch on here, but I ended up selling it on eBay due to low offers. that was in December of last year. I sold mine for $275 w/ joycons and screen protector (if that matters), and I sold the dock for $39. I only made about $250-260 after ebay expenses of 15% and free shipping, so it's not like I broke the bank. I would've preferred selling it here without those expenses.

xdMatthewbx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then why is there NO OTHER MODCHIP that doesn't cost a premium?
They cost a premium because people buy them so there's no reason for them to lower prices. When/if more clone chips enter the market the price of these chips will likely fall. They cost 30$ each to make tops so there's a lot of room there for it to go down, just a matter of how long it takes.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat