Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Then why is there NO OTHER MODCHIP that doesn't cost a premium?
There are HWFly and HWoled. If you don't want to pay £70 for a mod chip you can always wait a little longer and spend £40,000 getting a degree in electrical engineering to create your own. Then see how much you think your labor is worth.

For an actual answer, Team-Xecuter sold their chips at almost no profit in order to dissuade people from cloning them. Once TX disappeared there was money to be made and China got involved.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
should've hit me up. I was selling an exploitable switch on here, but I ended up selling it on eBay due to low offers. that was in December of last year. I sold mine for $275 w/ joycons and screen protector (if that matters), and I sold the dock for $39. I only made about $250-260 after ebay expenses of 15% and free shipping, so it's not like I broke the bank. I would've preferred selling it here without those expenses.
Then why did you not notify me? $275 is actually about MSRP, not a stupid, overinflated, crazy scalper price.

james194zt2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just bought a broken switch off eBay, half the price A V2 should be never mind a V1! going to fix it, put it in a new shell (existing looked poor) and then use that. It is a V1 unpatched so exactly what you want.

Why don't you do something like that, take it as a learning experience to fix it, a bit like people buy an old tired house and do it up, they couldn't afford (or didn't want to pay) for a new house so the fixer up gave them a cheap price and they put the work in to make it look like new.

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
There are HWFly and HWoled. If you don't want to pay £70 for a mod chip you can always wait a little longer and spend £40,000 getting a degree in electrical engineering to create your own. Then see how much you think your labor is worth.

For an actual answer, Team-Xecuter sold their chips at almost no profit in order to dissuade people from cloning them. Once TX disappeared there was money to be made and China got involved.

No profit? What have you been drinking? The SX chips were sold for around 60 to 70€ each for a package that cost 20$ in BOM top, and that's without any economy of scales in the equation.

Did you expect Team Xecuter to be a non profit?

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

Dude, I won't spend 4 years getting a degree just to hack my switch.

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
Then why is there NO OTHER MODCHIP that doesn't cost a premium?
Because HWFly vendors have a monopoly on this type of product, because there is demand even at such highly inflated costs, because nobody outside of China will work on any alternatives as people don't fancy getting sued by a whole bunch of law firms affiliated to or contracted by Nintendo.

Any other dumb questions?

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
No profit? What have you been drinking? The SX chips were sold for around 60 to 70€ each for a package that cost 20$ in BOM top, and that's without any economy of scales in the equation.

Did you expect Team Xecuter to be a non profit?
60 to 70 euro was the retail price. Iirc the wholesale price that they gave them to stores for was £40 (not sure what that is in euros but it's £20 cheaper than the retail cost). Then on top of that they have to pay factory workers, developers, fund R&D, shipping, etc. Obviously they made some profit but it was a relatively small amount after they took all the costs in to account.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was only offered $150 and $175, so I would've sold out it for $260 maybe. I had it open to offers on ebay as well with a buy it now at $275.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I was only offered $150 and $175, so I would've sold out it for $260 maybe. I had it open to offers on ebay as well with a buy it now at $275.
Goodbye, my only chance on actually modding a switch. Gotta either wait until an exploit is released (almost never) or just shill for Nintendo more.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I accidentally posted a response to my selling thread, when I meant to post it here. it's not like scalpers get a ton of money. they do have to sell for more, because eBay gets 15%, then they need to shell out even more money if it's free shipping. I made $230 off of $275 for those two reasons.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
well, I accidentally posted a response to my selling thread, when I meant to post it here. it's not like scalpers get a ton of money. they do have to sell for more, because eBay gets 15%, then they need to shell out even more money if it's free shipping. I made $230 off of $275 for those two reasons.
Was that switch banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1