True Demon Route
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
And this time, building it myself isn't an option sadly, gonna have to use Origin(http://www.originpc.com/Default.aspx) or something similar. Relative in the USA was unable to bring the parts I requested originally :V

I will be ordering this come end of January, by which time I will be back in Doha. I remember hearing things might be different by then, which is why I thought I would ask for a build again, just in case.

Things it will be used for:
Watching TV Shows/Animu.
Gaming, including emulating Wii/PS2(Xenoblade and Last Story).
Maximum resolution I will play any game in will be 1080p, nothing more. And I will not use any Anistropic Filtering or Anti-Aliasing, at all.

Games I would like to 'max' out(Keeping the above in mind):
Witcher 2
Far Cry 3
Hitman Absolution
Will also play some titles with ENB, such as Skyrim.

Other requirements:
Best cooling possible. Cannot say this enough emphasis :V

If its at all possible, I want this to last me at least 4 years, gaming wise, able to play at least on low with 30 FPS by then for example.
Money is not an issue, though I don't want to go all out either, not really necessary.

Hope you guys can help out again...>>;

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Cyberpowerpc.com is another option, and they tend to offer cheaper stuff as alternatives as well instead of locking you into, like, $500 video cards... though for good gaming and emulation you'll be using higher-end parts anyways I suppose.

As an example...
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/CyberPower_Z77_Configurator
Upping the CPU to the i7-3770 and the GPU to the Radeon HD 7850 (and a decent 600W PSU to run it) will get you good gaming and emulation for $1015 once you add the OS and remove the useless stuff like the liquid cooling and mouse and junk.

Better CPU and GPU performance over total cost can likely be found through their other configs, I'm just skimming stuff.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I paid around 1100 EUR (around 1450 USD) in January 2008 for a high-end PC then, and to this day it can run everything.
If I wanted to build a new one now, it would costs me less because I can just reuse the case/PSU/screen/keyboard/mouse/harddrives, and maybe even the CPU cooler.
So for 1200 USD now (seeing PC's just keep getting cheaper and cheaper), you should easily be able to build a PC that lasts you 4 years.

For the emulation, focus on high clockspeeds rather than more cores. Your CPU and GPU should cost the most and are most important, other things you can save some money on. 350 USD for a GPU should be fine I think.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Cyberpowerpc.com is another option, and they tend to offer cheaper stuff as alternatives as well instead of locking you into, like, $500 video cards... though for good gaming and emulation you'll be using higher-end parts anyways I suppose.

As an example...
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/CyberPower_Z77_Configurator
Upping the CPU to the i7-3770 and the GPU to the Radeon HD 7850 (and a decent 600W PSU to run it) will get you good gaming and emulation for $1015 once you add the OS and remove the useless stuff like the liquid cooling and mouse and junk.

Better CPU and GPU performance over total cost can likely be found through their other configs, I'm just skimming stuff.

I have looked into Cyberpower and iBuypower, however, I am apprehensive about using them since they have some pretty terrible reviews/horror stories regarding them, really not sure I want to risk that, plus my family would be pretty pissed at me if I did end up getting a faulty PC >>;
Also, is the i7 3770 a good idea? I ask because I remember reading that a i5 3570k was better suited for Dolphin/PCSX2, or have those issues been fixed?
Couple more questions:
What about a 7950? Or is that not worth it at this point yet?
If you wanted to recommend a NVIDIA GPU, which one would you choose? Last time around IIRC I was recommended a 660 Ti, have things changed, or is that still a solid choice?

Also, is this still the best cooling option out there? I live in a hot area so yeah: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018&Tpk=noctua dh-14

By the way, this is kind of a dumb question, but is there such a thing as dust filters for desktops? My home in India gets seriously dusty, so something like that would be highly useful :V

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
i7 vs i5 = hyperthreading or not. For emulation, hyperthreading is near useless
When it comes to the K series, they're usually better for emulation because of how easily you can overclock them. However since you're in a hot area (and reluctant to build your own PC), then overclocking is not for you.

nVidia vs AMD = stability or performance. AMD gets higher framerates, and nVidia has more stable drivers. Either way, the more you put into a graphics card, the better it will be and the longer it will last.
nVidia 660 Ti is recommended for most because it's the mid-range card with a balance between performance and cost. The 760 is supposed to come out in March, if that's a consideration. Since for you money is not an issue, get a 670 Ti instead.
There is nothing wrong with the AMD 7950, it just sits between price points.

That cooler looks like a freakin' jet engine. I can't say if it's any good, but it looks noisy. I personally prefer liquid coolers, but if your room is hot then it won't make much difference.

Dust filters are common. Most high-end cases have them built in (e.g. Antec 1200, Raven Fortress series). It is possible to buy them separately, but I don't know the details.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Unable to build more like, I literally am unable to find any of these parts where I live(Doha, Qatar) :V

So, should I go for the i5 3570 then?
Getting a SilverStone Raven 2 for a case, IIRC that was my choice last time around as well, I think.
Is this 670 worth it?: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...code=34-2616347&DEPA=0&refer=channel&CMP=OTC-

By the way, I don't really know much about hardware and hence don't really keep up with news regarding it, but I just learned that Intel is coming out with a new CPU named 'Haswell', and that the i5 version of that should be able to run Dolphin flawlessly without any OC, that sounds useful as hell, should I wait for that instead?
That way I could maybe get the 760 you mentioned instead as well :V
Don't really mind waiting a couple of months, got tons of visual novels/Doctor Who to keep me occupied >3>~

What would be your recommendation/s?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Haswell is just one version higher than ivy bridge. New technology is supposed to be involved, but I've not heard anything amazing about it.

Any core i5 can run dolphin flawlessly. Overclocking only gives higher framerates, which makes it smoother.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Alright, so here's the setup:
  • SilverStone Raven 2
  • Exterior: Not Painted
  • Truly Custom PC's. Want a component that is not on our site? Call or email us and we will include it in your system.
  • Standard Case Fans
  • ASUS Sabertooth Z77 (USB 3.0, SATA 6Gb/s)
  • ORIGIN FROSTBYTE 120 Sealed Liquid Cooling Systems(To be changed to the cooler linked in the above post)
  • Intel Core i5 3570K Quad-Core 3.4GHz (3.8GHz TurboBoost), 6MB Cache
  • 750 Watt EVGA NEX750G
  • Single 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GTX 670(To be changed to either a MSI or EVGA variant, undecided)
  • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866Mhz (2x4GB)
  • Genuine MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Edition(Undecided between 7 and 8)
  • 3TB SATA 6.0Gb/s, 7200RPM, 64MB Cache
  • 128GB Samsung 840 Pro Series
  • 24X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability (No DVD Playback Software for Windows 8 Included)(To be removed)
  • On Board Audio(To be changed to this: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132006)
  • D-Link Wireless DWA-566 PCI Express Desktop Adapter
  • ORIGIN Wooden Crate Armor
  • 1 Year Part Replacement and 45 Day Free Shipping Warranty with Lifetime Labor/24-7 Support
  • ORIGIN Recovery Media
  • No Part Upgrade Service
  • ORIGIN PC T-Shirt XLarge
  • Logitech Gaming Keyboard G110
  • Logitech MX Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller for Windows
  • ASUS 23" VH236H - (Official monitor of the MLG)
  • Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7 Only)
  • Microsoft Windows Live Essential
  • Steam (The Ultimate Online Game Platform)
  • FREE Borderlands 2 Download w/Purchase of Nvidia Graphics Card
  • FREE Assassin's Creed III Download w/Purchase of Nvidia Graphics Card
  • Google Chrome
  • Mozilla Firefox
Anything I should change?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: :rofl2: