Homebrew So... Why doesn't DeSmuMe use .SAV files why?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you ask me, it's seriously effing retarded.

I know all about the Import/Export backup memory BS, which is "fine" for EXPORTING, but blows the big one for IMPORTING.
Usually Load Game -> Import Backup Memory -> Reset works, but for some games they just don't want to load.

I've tried the save directly off my Acekard (512k, which No$GBA reads perfectly fine) and the save 'converted' by No$GBA (57.1k), and neither will work.
I've tried putting both the above saves into the \battery folder and deleting the .dsv file and loading the game up and that doesn't work either.

Is there a converter anywhere for SAV to DSV? I think I found one but it's like a 3 step process and involves installing a few programs, which I'd like to avoid.

Eh... seems the issue is with the particular game (Phantasy Star 0), but my points still stand.
I just need to find the Save Size option, wherever it is...

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just changing the file extension from .sav to .dsv and putting it in the right folder has always worked for me.

It doesn't appear to work with Phantasy Star though.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
Just changing the file extension from .sav to .dsv and putting it in the right folder has always worked for me.

Yeah, it's to do with the save size... but I have no clue where to change it on DeSmuMe.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
twiztidsinz said:
Magmorph said:

Yeah, it's to do with the save size... but I have no clue where to change it on DeSmuMe.
there's no option for that.

look at my post.
frown.gif

those are save converters with save size options

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
twiztidsinz said:
Magmorph said:

there's no option for that.

look at my post.
frown.gif

those are save converters with save size options
I did look at your post, and tried those even before you posted them, but none of those converters or various sizes work...
Supposedly, according to AdvanScene.com, it has a 512kbit EEPROM save.
So I convert it to a 512kbit save and pop it into my \battery folder, but the issue is, every .DSV save I put into the battery folder gets overwritten to 0bytes then filled up to 8 or 16MB (this is RANDOM!! Sometimes it's an 8MB save, others it's 16MB)

http://forums.desmume.org/viewtopic.php?pid=9067#p9067
hahaha oh wow...so after all my hours last night stressing over this and everything, out of all things i tried...it was as simple as changing the file save type to EPPROM 512kbit -_________- yes it works perfectly now! thank you Zeromus, but dam lol...
In No$GBA, this means the actual setting option, but I don't know where it is in DeSmuMe, and it doesn't make sense NOT to have it since sometimes SAVE FILE SIZE/TYPES ARE DETECTED INCORRECTLY and you typically need a manual override in those cases.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
twiztidsinz said:
In No$GBA, this means the actual setting option, but I don't know where it is in DeSmuMe, and it doesn't make sense NOT to have it since sometimes SAVE FILE SIZE/TYPES ARE DETECTED INCORRECTLY and you typically need a manual override in those cases.
IIRC, older desmume versions have the savetype option, but for some reason they removed it.

i'm sorry, i didn't know that you already tried those. well. you're stuck with no$gba+no$zoomer. use opengl instead of nocash in 3d render.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
twiztidsinz said:
IIRC, older desmume versions have the savetype option, but for some reason they removed it.

i'm sorry, i didn't know that you already tried those. well. you're stuck with no$gba+no$zoomer. use opengl instead of nocash in 3d render.
I'm trying to get the Memory viewer of DesMuMe... I had tried to make some codes earlier, but the problem was the slot they edited (it was fixed) I want to see if playing around with an actual save will get me any better insight.
Maybe I can try an older version.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While it was removed, it's still in the French version of some versions of the emulator, so try changing the language. ^^;;

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sir VG said:
While it was removed, it's still in the French version of some versions of the emulator, so try changing the language. ^^;;
Still not sure where it would be... and I don't read French so it'd be unlikely for me to find it.
And if it was there under one language and not any others, that'd most likely mean the language file is old and probably won't work -- though I could be wrong.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Sir VG said:
Still not sure where it would be... and I don't read French so it'd be unlikely for me to find it.
And if it was there under one language and not any others, that'd most likely mean the language file is old and probably won't work -- though I could be wrong.
French is basically English, but all fancy-like.

Mostly everything will look like its English counterpart.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
twiztidsinz said:
Sir VG said:
French is basically English, but all fancy-like.

Mostly everything will look like its English counterpart.
Hmmm... yeah I think I found it: Media de sauvgarde
But it's only got one option, Autodetect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive...