Hacking softmod without game?

THA-REAPER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From another thread I posted in.

I think for quick booting into Wii mode by holding B...A small test via HDMI cable is required. The HDMI cable must be hooked up to your TV and Wii U and the tv must be powered. Haven't tried with AV...

But can anyone confirm that? Try doing it with without an HDMI cable...

You don't need a sensor bar at all though for the quick Wii mode boot, I've tested several times without it plugged in. You'll need it if your on the Wii U menu though.

Days old on this but after some messing around...If you have your Wii U set to use HDMI in the settings and your TV off during quickboot you will get...
View attachment 4509
You will keep getting that duing quick boot until you turn the TV on (Remember this happens only when you have HDMI set in your Wii U settings). This isn't a big deal, however if you wanted to not use the TV and sensor bar it can help knowing. (That black glare in the background is actually my TV off).

If you wanted to get around it...you can easily start your Wii U normally then go into settings and change it to Non-HDMI instead of HDMI. I did that without using the TV. I set it to 480i, 16:9...that stops the message from coming up when trying to quick boot without any video cables or sensor bar...just power brick and USB stuff plugged in. I guess it behaves that way because HDMI needs to detect your resolution and cant with a powered off TV and when using component cables it does no such test so it doesn't bother testing.

Its no big deal if you wanted to use your sensor bar and TV, you can just go through the Wii U menu for that matter. I just wanted to clarify and share.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A