Hacking ROM Hack Project Solatorobo Library Editor (LibCreate) Release

SolatoroboHacking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whelp, I said I'd be back with an update, and I am.

https://github.com/SolatoroboHacking/LibUtils

I am releasing an updated version of my previous utility, known as LibRipper, and introducing a brand-new utility called LibCreate!

LibCreate is a utility that can convert standard UTF-8 text files into the proprietary .cclbm and .cclhd files that Solatorobo uses for its library books. It supports all languages that the game supports (English, Japanese, French, German, Spanish and Italian), and can modify the title of a library book, it's scrolling hint message at the top, all section titles, and all section text.

It also has a new feature that I wasn't sure I would be able to promise last time. It can change the number of actions required to unlock any of the library of the books.

I need to be very clear about this to avoid any misunderstanding. The way that Solatorobo works, each library book is tied to repetitions of a specific action: one might be tied to the number of NPCs you talk to, another is tied to the number of times you go fishing, etc. LibCreate cannot change which book is tied to which action, but it can change the number of times, the player must perform that action to unlock the book. This can even be 0, as shown in the demo below, to make the book always unlocked so long as the player can access the library.

LibCreate also cannot make the library accessible before the player has unlocked it with an ingame quest.

Side note: the graphics displayed on the top screen during library books are completely separate from the library files. They are stored in /data/pic/pic3.ccb and can be edited like normal 2D DS graphics. Therefore, LibCreate does not touch them.

Anyway, that's enough moaning about what LibCreate cannot do, let's show off what it can do!

ezgif-4-bef4b8779a.gif

In this example, I took an excerpt from a book (special thanks to my friend Emma for the recommendation) and replaced the Ecology book's title, hint text, and contents. I also set its unlock requirements to 0 so that, on a save where I had just unlocked the library, the book is fully unlocked immediately.

I'm hoping that, in the future, when my progress of modding this game has increased significantly, whoever comes along to make a nice fanmade sequel will use this to add more compelling lore the way the original did, or at least do something else fun with it!

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy!

Happy hacking!

le_mecanicien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, i really want to be able to dive into solatorobo files, i love your project, i will try to help, but my knowledge about coding is really lacking.

I hope this project work.

Have a good day, and thank you for your work.

ps:You surely have seen this, but in the str.ccb file in the script folder, there is a something named debug mode and debug mode lock, I can't figure out what it really does, this is one of the file which resemble the most to a debug mode config file, with dialog option and name of area being shown in line at the bottom of the file.

pps: sorry for the English, I am just a French man who love tech and baguette.

SolatoroboHacking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, i really want to be able to dive into solatorobo files, i love your project, i will try to help, but my knowledge about coding is really lacking.

I hope this project work.

Have a good day, and thank you for your work.

ps:You surely have seen this, but in the str.ccb file in the script folder, there is a something named debug mode and debug mode lock, I can't figure out what it really does, this is one of the file which resemble the most to a debug mode config file, with dialog option and name of area being shown in line at the bottom of the file.

pps: sorry for the English, I am just a French man who love tech and baguette.
My apologies for the late reply!!

Thank you so much for your support, I'm glad you want to experiment with this game like I do! If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate me to send me a message.

Yes, I noticed the debug strings in that file. Unfortunately, I haven't worked out enough of it to tell if it's significant or not. I'm not 100% convinced there is still a debug menu present in the game. I think those might just leftover assets for it.

No worries! Your English is more than readable enough! And I also happen to be an American man who loves tech and baguette! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: speaking of roasted nuts, do you guys prefer your peanuts salted or honey roasted?