Banana Boy
OP
Trophies
Website
xn--yck0dzd.xn--q9jyb4c
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I know I'm making a few posts here and there, but I've got another problem. I'm re-soldering the wires and holy cow, the DAT0 solder pad comes off. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Also, here's a picture of it.
IMG_6064.JPG

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I know I'm making a few posts here and there, but I've got another problem. I'm re-soldering the wires and holy cow, the DAT0 solder pad comes off. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Also, here's a picture of it.
View attachment 80010
My friend did the same thing a while back and I was able to fix it with the help of this little tutorial. http://www.circuitrework.com/guides/4-7-1.html

It's definitely not as hard as it seems, it just takes patience and concentration really(and some soldering skills obviously).

However, if this is a brick and you're trying to hardmod to restore it than just wait for NTRBootHax, this will allow you to unbrick using a supported NDS flashcart(not yet confirmed what ones work) and a magnet. It hasn't been released yet but it's in the works. Not sure if you know about this as it was mentioned when B9S was released.

Either way, good luck with fixing your console.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple question. Can you turn it on?
If it isn't bricked it should still turn on and operate normally if the DAT0 pad is lifted off, you just can't do a hardmod(unless it's an O3DS/XL, in which case there's an alternate contact point, see here, but it's a more difficult solder job). I believe CLK and CMD are a different story though(from what I've read).

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If it isn't bricked it should still turn on and operate normally if the DAT0 pad is lifted off, you just can't do a hardmod(unless it's an O3DS/XL, in which case there's an alternate contact point, see here, but it's a more difficult solder job). I believe CLK and CMD are a different story though(from what I've read).
That's why am I asking. I think its n3ds xl

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Looking at the picture I'm guessing he has killed it, looks like he has shorted stuff all over the place clk looks like it's shorted to ground, the resistor array looks likes it's been messed up and there is random signs of soldering in random places

Honestly i would suggest the op removes the wires and see if the system doesn't just blue screen of death (which is a tell tale sign your screwed stuff up soldering) and await ntrboothax or send it to someone else to do properly as I genuinely can't see this one ending well

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
-Ninjad- And here I was typing out stuff and get massived ninjad by @gamesquest1
Send it to him or @vb_encryption_vb because this board looks... pretty beaten up.
With him being us based he would be better seeing if any of the US modders are willing to do the repair

But seeing as the op hasn't responded again, just so this thread isn't devoid of info here is the fairly obvious alt points for dat0 and cmd, while I would like to think anyone attempting a hardmod would be able to at least follow a line it is what it is I guess ^_^
20170606_011043.jpg

Last edited by gamesquest1,

RetroBitMig

Banana Boy
OP
Trophies
Website
xn--yck0dzd.xn--q9jyb4c
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too bad at soldering fellas :rofl: just so happens that I did have one of those shitty dollar store soldering irons, and, well, things clearly didn't go too well. Did manage to fix it, and a few others as well, but hey, it is what it is. Thanks for all your suggestions, though, maybe somebody else could benefit from all these messages!

And I know the picture does no justice, but the board was also just carelessly dirty. Gave it a little clean and it looked nothing like in the pic. :yay3ds:

Last edited by RetroBitMig,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I should tell them I want 2Gbps instead of 1 lol