Hacking Some games Fail to Install ?

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been able to install over 80% of the game files I've found, but some just don't work at all, even looking for different files.

For some games, even NSP files (which have worked better) lead to the install failing. I don't know how to get those to work.
I'm using tinwoo + nsusbloader. The error message that comes up mentions nca and sigpatches, but I have everything updated.

Here's some of the games that I wasn't able to get to work at all:

- Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
-Dragon Marked for Death
-Hades
-Yoshi's crafted World
-Monster boy and the Cursed Kingdom
-Bubble Bobble 4

And DLC for games like Dead Cells and FF:CC

Any advice?

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bloodstained works fine im using awoo+nsusb loader didnt try the other games you listed

I started using awoo too. It seems to have the same problems tho.

Do you remember what kind of file it was? I tried base nsp as well though and it didn't work :/

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess I'm wondering if anyone's had selective game failures like it and found a solution to make those work.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a troubleshoot tip, try backing up atmosphere, sept, a bootloader folders (the bootloader folder is for hekate if you use it) then start with a fresh setup of atmosphere, sig patches and hekate if you use it

Reactions: SumOf1000Lies

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

What's DBI?

As a troubleshoot tip, try backing up atmosphere, sept, a bootloader folders (the bootloader folder is for hekate if you use it) then start with a fresh setup of atmosphere, sig patches and hekate if you use it

It's pretty fresh, but I guess I could eventually try that if nothing else works..

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest it. Also are you using applet or title override when launching your installer

Dbi is another installer thats very very handy. Not the prettiest but its got alot of great features

Reactions: SumOf1000Lies

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would suggest it. Also are you using applet or title override when launching your installer

Dbi is another installer thats very very handy. Not the prettiest but its got alot of great features

Title override, since it's supposed to be better like that.

I'll look for dbi to try then. It would have to be able to do it by usb tho.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pretty much use game dump from a guy name African, I use to use goldleaf, and now I using Awoo more. Make sure you use the correct patches with the correct bootloader.

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Edit : Nvm lol, DBI did finish installation, but the games are showing up as corrupted :O

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I pretty much use game dump from a guy name African, I use to use goldleaf, and now I using Awoo more. Make sure you use the correct patches with the correct bootloader.

I dumped the fusee patches in there and then the hekate ones and overrode whatever was the same.
I don't know if I need both but everything else works fine except those specific games.

Last edited by Windsall,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've been able to install over 80% of the game files I've found, but some just don't work at all, even looking for different files.

For some games, even NSP files (which have worked better) lead to the install failing. I don't know how to get those to work.
I'm using tinwoo + nsusbloader. The error message that comes up mentions nca and sigpatches, but I have everything updated.

Here's some of the games that I wasn't able to get to work at all:

- Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
-Dragon Marked for Death
-Hades
-Yoshi's crafted World
-Monster boy and the Cursed Kingdom
-Bubble Bobble 4

And DLC for games like Dead Cells and FF:CC

Any advice?
I think you are using the wrong sig patches causing converted XCIs not to work. Because Dragon Marked for Death is one I was never able to find a clean NSP of, only converts. Hekate fss0/fusee-secondary needs different sigpatches from fusee-primary. If you use the wrong ones clean NSPs will still work but you will be missing some patches required for homebrew NSPs and XCI converts to work. Ran into this issue myself in the past. The sigpatches for Hekate should only be used if you have a fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin line in the launch entry in hekate_ipl.ini. Otherwise use Fusee sigpatches if you are launching fusee-primary.bin either directly or through Hekate (with payload=atmosphere/fusee-primary.bin in hekate_ipl.ini)

Edit: Oh, and one more thing. If using fss0 you need this line in the launch entry too: kip1patch=nosigchk otherwise the Hekate specific patches won't be applied. The Hekate patches should contain a hekate_ipl.ini file that has this in it already but double check anyway.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit : Nvm lol, DBI did finish installation, but the games are showing up as corrupted :O

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I dumped the fusee patches in there and then the hekate ones and overrode whatever was the same.
I don't know if I need both but everything else works fine except those specific games.

You suppose to use one you don't need both set, I use fusee patches here, and games from African CAF, they work 100% of the time for me.

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you are using the wrong sig patches causing converted XCIs not to work. Because Dragon Marked for Death is one I was never able to find a clean NSP of, only converts. Hekate fss0/fusee-secondary needs different sigpatches from fusee-primary. If you use the wrong ones clean NSPs will still work but you will be missing some patches required for homebrew NSPs and XCI converts to work. Ran into this issue myself in the past. The sigpatches for Hekate should only be used if you have a fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin line in the launch entry in hekate_ipl.ini. Otherwise use Fusee sigpatches if you are launching fusee-primary.bin either directly or through Hekate (with payload=atmosphere/fusee-primary.bin in hekate_ipl.ini)

Edit: Oh, and one more thing. If using fss0 you need this line in the launch entry too: kip1patch=nosigchk otherwise the Hekate specific patches won't be applied. The Hekate patches should contain a hekate_ipl.ini file that has this in it already but double check anyway.

Ok I'm going to check on this, and it's not things I'm familiar with so thank you. Though it's a bit over my head right now. Let me check the files.

It says "fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin" So that's how you mentioned. So I should only use hekate sigpatches then?

I don't see "kip1patch=nosigchk" even though I had put the hekate sigpatches. Should I add that in? And for which? (just the emummc?)

I see that there's an entry for Fusee in the file too.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok I'm going to check on this, and it's not things I'm familiar with so thank you. Though it's a bit over my head right now. Let me check the files.

It says "fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin" So that's how you mentioned. So I should only use hekate sigpatches then?

I don't see "kip1patch=nosigchk" even though I had put the hekate sigpatches. Should I add that in? And for which? (just the emummc?)

I see that there's an entry for Fusee in the file too.
Just the emuMMC yeah.

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@The Real Jdbye

I used the hekate patches from the forum, made sure the entry was in the ini file and it was. And I just managed to install a game i couldnt before with awoo.

Big thanks for helping me get this to work. I don't know how I didn't have those right files.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU