Hacking some questions about hekate

brollikk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have several switches as back ups now, and decided to try out other cfw just for the sake of learning (I normally use sx os on my main one).

I think I know the basic stuff about all the others but there's just a little bit I am confused about regarding hekate:

1) Is hekate the "official" way to load atmosphere? I understand it can load anything, but just out of curiosity is it something that was developed by the same guy/team?
2) I was messing around with my r4s dongle and loaded up the hekate payload (for the newest 4.9.1 version) however when I load it up, it shows "version 4.1" on the top. Is it possible that although I have the newest payload, there is a reference to an older hekate version on my sd card messing this up? (I read something about this being a possibility but I'm not sure). I guess my confusion here is the function of the payload file - the .bin on the dongle just makes it load something else that's specified on the sd card? Or is it actually loading the .bin file? or both (like it loads the .bin file which then can load something else that is specified on the sd?)

brollikk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the bin from sept maybe interfering with my hekate? I definitely downloaded it from that link you posted. same exact version earlier today.

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You need to convert the .bin file from Hekate to .uf2 and flash it to your Dongle. Or you can download and flash ArgonNX from the R4 Website. Then copy your Hekate 4.9.1 .bin file in the Payload Folder and rename it to hekate.bin.

Last edited by crazy_p,

brollikk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fusee is the official way to boot atmosphere. Hekate has issues with sigpatches.

ah, so the bin file that comes with the atmosphere releases...
if I make that the main payload that is injected by the dongle, is it also necessary to have the bin file in the root of the sd card? I'm assuming no?

The reason I'm confused a little is because for sx os I know that theres a .bin file and also a boot.dat file that has to be in the root of the sd. I am guessing .bin files in general do not point to other bin files if the purpose is to load a cfw.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, so the bin file that comes with the atmosphere releases...
if I make that the main payload that is injected by the dongle, is it also necessary to have the bin file in the root of the sd card? I'm assuming no?

The reason I'm confused a little is because for sx os I know that theres a .bin file and also a boot.dat file that has to be in the root of the sd. I am guessing .bin files in general do not point to other bin files if the purpose is to load a cfw.

atmosphere is too fragmented and confusing. just dont use hekate / kosmos. I only use hekate for making a nand backup, after that it sucks. Just use atmosphere / fusee primary + sig patches.

brollikk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atmosphere is too fragmented and confusing. just dont use hekate / kosmos. I only use hekate for making a nand backup, after that it sucks. Just use atmosphere / fusee primary + sig patches.

thank you for giving me the simplest and best answer I've received. I will do just that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Floridawoman is the only thing that can ruin Floridaman +1