The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I hate starting a blog post, as I can never think of something cool or interesting or whatever in the first sentence.

Anyway, Gears of War 3...I went to the midnight launch Monday night, and there weren't as many people as I thought there'd be. WAY less than Halo: Reach and MW2's midnight launch. There was this guy who had a tent, grill, and tables, and was selling donuts and hotdogs. Apparently he runs a "restaurant" down the street, so I guess he was making a profit/promoting the place (He gave everyone at the launch a coupon for a free donut). Saw a few people I knew (Aside from my friends that I went with obviously), got [good] comments about my Minecraft shirt (Didn't know Minecraft was popular in my area), etc.

The game itself is pretty awesome, and is definitely an improvement over Gears of War 2. The multiplayer is great, and most of the maps are awesome (The only one I don't like is Overpass. It's not bad, but if one team controls the overpass, they're pretty much guaranteed to win). The campaign is great so far (Left off on Act 4 or 5 I think), Horde is awesome as well. Got to Wave 50 with a few friends, and we had to quit before finishing it, as 2 of our friends left. Not like we were doing good anyways.

Also, I've been working on my new game, Journey To Hell, quite a bit. I'm mainly working on ambient stuff (As seen in the screenshots below) and level design, but I'm going to work more on the engine after a while. Here's two screenshots of the first level of Fogbed Forest:

PmTlD.png

2EQCt.png

See, what I did was add light rays into the halfway point (They don't do anything, and are just for show), and made it so as you get closer to them, they become more visible, and the fog starts to disappear. Then as you get further away from them, they become less visible, and the fog reappears again. It's pretty awesome IMO, and really adds to the atmosphere of the game.

If anyone wants to try an early demo, here's a link: http://www.mediafire.com/?anqny72rsm6qoeo

Controls are:

Arrow Keys - Move
Z - Jump
X - Fire Weapon
A/S - Cycle weapons
F/G - Switch areas (Fogbed Forest/Sinner's Tomb respectively)

Well, that's about it. Time to go to sleep, as it's 4:21 AM as I'm typing this sentence, and I'm pretty tired. I'd love to hear some feedback for my game, as I haven't gotten much yet.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Gears 3 is epic, once I finally finish the co-op campaign I am playing with a friend of mine we can co-op together. We should play horde together too, people keep betraying me in horde TDWP.

Minutes ago I was abandoned by all but one of the other players at the end of a level 24 wave.
sad.gif

You wouldn't abandon me would you TDWP? You wouldn't betray me like all the rest would you?

TDWP!

;O;

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Edit: dw I found out it thought you was untrustworthy since not many people had dwnloaded it.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the demo, idk if this was suppose to be there, but when I moved a little away towards the light area, I see a little line go up. Just found that kinda odd.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played through Gears and over half of Gears 2, and I don't think I'll touch Gears 3. I didn't like the gameplay, it felt played out and really unoriginal (no, a different weapon does NOT make the gameplay new and impressive). Plus the overall control was really limited. Every level pretty much went "Walk -> Shoot -> Run -> Cover -> Shoot -> Cover -> Shoot -> Run" I've played 3rd person shooters before, but with much less grunting and much more color. And while I'm on the topic of color, why is it such a bad thing? Is it really more realistic to apply a brown and grey filter to everything? Looking out my window, I can honestly say that I see a whole lot more color than I've ever seen in a Gears game, or many other recent games for that matter.

As for your game, I hope you finish it and it goes over well with the community. It looks interesting.

EDIT: Oh yeah... inb4 I'm flamed for having a completely valid opinion against a popular game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one