Gaming Someone convince me. Is Wii good?

kohkindachi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
300pxwiiremoteimage.jpg

Basically one thing comes to my mind when i look at the controller. It only have + directional pad, and 1 button - A (from the image)? Correct me if i'm wrong :/ Because even NDS has 4 buttons plus L and R

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Controller = A , B (bottom front of the controller) 1, 2, +, -, home, D pad

The nunchuck = button Z + joystick

EDIT:
whether it is good or not, is more on your personal preference. Wii is good for me when it comes to those Nintendo games!
Third party? only a few would be good and the rest is just shovelwares

by the way, appreciate your work in another forum:P

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kohkindachi said:
300pxwiiremoteimage.jpg

Basically one thing comes to my mind when i look at the controller. It only have + directional pad, and X Y button? Correct me if i'm wrong :/ Because even NDS has 4 buttons plus L and R

Um... the top side of the controller looks like this

- D Pad
-A Button
- Minus, Home, Plus buttons
- 1 Button
- 2 Button

The bottom side has the B Button trigger

... All of that aside. you would have to be a total fool to NOT get a Wii! If I were you I'd buy one used as newer ones don't have access to the DVD drive for backups and DVD movies. The system if great and has a lot of "next gen" features that PS3/360 lovers love so much. Yes not all the features are streamlined but they ARE there. As for the controller, don't think of it as "odd", think of it as an extension of your hand. The whole point of the Wii Remote and Nunchuck is so that you can immerse yourself into the game. The more you imagine the more you may move a bit. The commercials are just over exaggerations, not every game will have you waggling like a mad man. With that said, if you do find yourself really into a game, dont hesitate to go with the flow. Honestly the Wii is the "Dreamcast of this generation" It's the "home arcade" and there are games for everyone. You just have to ask around and any serious Wii gamer will be more than happy to help you out
smile.gif
I'm a PROUD Wii and DSi owner and yes while I have gamed on a PS3 and PC and even owned a 360 two separate times, I could care less about owning the other platforms. I'm not knocking the other systems I'm just saying, the little white box had almost everything I want out of a console. Almost being the key word lol I still want a "Rumble Roses" game for the Wii but that's another story.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate these topics, kinda like "what DS card should i buy".

Anyway, don't buy it if you don't want it. It's the only easy console to hack, without a need of a desktop computer, drivers, and extra wires, etc. No soldering either. Plus there are a lot of great games.

Mario Galaxy
Paper Mario
Spyborgs
One Piece Games
spectors, etc.
all gamecube games
there are a lot to list.

The wireless remote and chuck are great, and control well.

Wynd

kohkindachi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Well I'm already planning to buy in 2 weeks time
tongue.gif
Just asking since the controller thingy bugs me :/

and getting 4 player to play a game means there'll be '8' controller
biggrin.gif
(since they're all chuck is seperated)

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
whether u think its good or not depends on the way u like the games..the wii's nintendo games are pretty impressive and fun but the rest is boring shovel ware which is crap and will bor u...

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
There is lots of crap to filter through. But there are also lots of worth while titles too. Tiger Woods Wii w/ motionplus is great, New Super Mario Bros is classic, No More Heroes is cult quality action game... and lots of other quality titles out there too. But this being said... I do download all my Wii games (easy and safe softmod with usb loader gx is amazing), while I always pay for everything I play on my Xbox 360.

Satan2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's worth the price, if you unlock it you can :
- Emulate nearly every game consoles (NES/MasterSystem/SNES/Genesis/Playstation1/N64/Commodore/Gameboy/....)
- Read your movies from an external hard disk or by using Lan shares
- Get a tons of free homebrew games and applications

If you dont you still can :
- Get access to internet with a decent browser (Opera)
- Discover a lot of interesting wiiware titles
- Play online free from charge with your games
- Get an exclusive gameplay with each wii title
smile.gif

There are pretty decent games :
House of the dead : Overkill : hilarious and a great game
The Conduit : Decent FPS with nice online gameplay
Zelda TP : i dont think i have to explain why
Mario Galaxy : Fun, amazing, beautiful, a master piece to discover!
Metal Slug Anthology : Every metal slug on one DVD, yeah =)
Smash brawl : really a good value for multiplayer.
Guitar Hero / Rockband : GH5 is pretty good, RB2 too.
Resident Evil : i dont have to explain too
tongue.gif

Sky Crawlers Innocent Aces : Really a great plane dogfight game, made by the ace combat creators, very fun to play.
(and more...)

Playing wii its not just about the graphics, it's more about enjoying a different gameplay. And if you still dont like it, you can unlock your wii and enjoy a lot of free homebrews / emulators / applications.

I've got a wii since day 0, and i'm not going to sell it ;-)

I think its a good gaming console and could be a good completion beside a X360 or a PS3. (or a high end PC)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still waiting for the guy to go "No the Wii is shit its all shitty kids games the PS3 or Xbox 360 is way better",

Anyway, I have it, it's fun, but I would have rather gone with a PS3 in the long run. It's got a lot of good games, but it's still a little low on features that are dearly needed, like a great online play and those "hundreds of hours" long games like Halo on the 360 (well, you get CoD4, CoD5, and The Conduit for that, but it hurts not having stuff like decent voice chat).

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
kohkindachi said:
Thx for the reply. But what do you guys mean be 'unlock'? Softmod?
Yeah, softmod

"Unlocking" is just what Scam sites use.
So I guess that makes this a 'scam site'.
ph34r.gif

I've had a Wii since day 5, and only learned about a Soft mod a year and a half ago. I have to say, when you have a soft mod the Wii is more than enjoyable. In fact I would rather have a "trial run" of any game I want.
smileipb2.png
It has very good build quality (unlike M$, and somewhat Sony), and has the lowest fail rate. In fact really the only way it fails, is if you do something wrong in a soft/hard mod (the is a soft mod guide in the Wii Hacking Section that even a dummy can accomplish!
tongue.gif
) and you brick it. The bad thing is, the games on it are sub par to games on other consoles. :/

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you mod your Wii, it gets so much more functions. I use my Wii a lot more now I have softmodded it.
It's a whole multimedia system now, not to mention some great features like USB Loading and Triiforce (load WiiWare/VC from your HDD)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Softmodding is still great even if you don't pirate games, even having a USBloader is great seeing a lot of games work better on a HDD than on retail discs. I don't play any of my retail discs at all nowadays.

Also softmod gets you access to the whole Gamecube library, over here we didn't get a lot of titles other places had.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hadrian said:
Softmodding is still great even if you don't pirate games, even having a USBloader is great seeing a lot of games work better on a HDD than on retail discs. I don't play any of my retail discs at all nowadays.

Also softmod gets you access to the whole Gamecube library, over here we didn't get a lot of titles other places had.

And multimedia playback and WiiWare/VC loading from USB/SD.
Not to mention GUI modding and brick proof your Wii.
Just amazing!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...