Hacking Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Help save please.

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok it creates a save and all when I turn it on but it says: the save data could not be accessed. please turn the power off and reinsert the ds card. is anyone else having these issues? is there a save i could download somewhere that already works? I am on akaio 4.5.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ACWWFAN said:
I am on akaio 4.5.

Are you from the future? welcome to our planet.

it works

sr.jpg

just do an arm7 swap.

oscgee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem... I have the latest akaio too

edit: oops I just saw the last part of the last post, I'll try the arm7 thing

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oscgee said:
I have the same problem... I have the latest akaio too

edit: oops I just saw the last part of the last post, I'll try the arm7 thing

Once you've arm7 patched it, you also need to load it in one of the alternative DMA modes which you can do by keeping A or X pressed down while launching the game. It's the same as you have to with bookworm etc.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after doing the arm7 switch, whenever you load the rom, hold X so that the word "loading" is red. If you don't you will get a corrupted save message

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everyone here is correct, you have to do an ARM7 swap. But the specifics on doing that are a bit shaky for new comers so here's how:

1) Download & extract Sim City DS (J). (Don't ask where to download please....)

2) Download & extract Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing (U). (Rule doesn't change even if its a new ROM, don't ask where to download)

3) Download DSLazy here. Extract it and run the program labled "dslazy".

4) In the top left there will be a button that says, "...". Click it to browse for the Sim City DS ROM.

5) Once its finished loading the ROM, click "nds unpack". Once its done, find your way back to the original DSLazy folder (where your ran DSLazy). Rename the new "NDS_UNPACK" folder to "SIM CITY".

6) Go back to the DSLazy program and now open the Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing ROM. Do the same, click "nds unpack". Don't close the program. Find your way back to the original DSLazy folder again and open the "SIM CITY" folder. Copy the ARM7.bin file to the "NDS_UNPACK" folder. Overwrite the existing file.

7) Go back to DSLazy and click the "nds pack" button. Choose a destination and name for the new ROM and save it. During this procedure the program may look like its frozen but its not so just let it work.

8) Copy the ROM to your MicroSD and play. Hold X while booting the game.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jonjon95 There's an easier method for the n00bs.

Use arm7fixa which you can download from here and is from this thread

Create a directory and extract arm7fixa to this directory. Also place in this directory your [donor rom] and [your rom which needs patching]. Rename the [donor rom] to donor.nds. Click on [your rom which needs patching] and drag it onto arm7fixa.exe. That's it, it will create a file called [your rom which needs patching]-arm7fixed.nds. Next time you have another game to patch, you just have to place it in that same directory and again just drag it onto arm7fixa.exe, it's a lot faster than the older methods.

I used Summon Night - Twin Age (U)(XenoPhobia) as the donor, but there are plenty of others to use.

While Holding X and Holding A both work, X's old DMA mode definately runs the game faster than A's non DMA mode. I forgot about that until I tried it.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:

Create a directory and extract arm7fixa to this directory. Also place in this directory your [donor rom] and [your rom which needs patching]. Rename the [donor rom] to donor.nds. Click on [your rom which needs patching] and drag it onto arm7fixa.exe. That's it, it will create a file called [your rom which needs patching]-arm7fixed.nds. Next time you have another game to patch, you just have to place it in that same directory and again just drag it onto arm7fixa.exe, it's a lot faster than the older methods.

I used Summon Night - Twin Age (U)(XenoPhobia) as the donor, but there are plenty of others to use.

While Holding X and Holding A both work, X's old DMA mode definately runs the game faster than A's non DMA mode. I forgot about that until I tried it.
Oh wow, I didn't know that. That IS a lot easier! ahhaha Thank you.

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:

Does it matter which rom I chose to be a donor rom?

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Tested both method and both working... THANKS GUYS...

The easiest way by tk_saturn works in WINDOWS explorer with "drag and drop" style... I tried it via Total Commander and doesnt work
biggrin.gif

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ACWWFAN said:
Lol as long as it's working, is there a permanent patch out yet?
No not really. The flashcard teams are mainly taking care of it. Cyclo devs I believe released an update (beta 4 if I'm not mistaken). As for us Acekard users, I'm sure a fix has been integrated into AKAIO 1.6 but we'll just have to wait. The AKAIO developers are working hard so don't nag on them. We'll have to stick with this ARM7 fix for now
biggrin.gif

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hakoda said:
ACWWFAN said:
No not really. The flashcard teams are mainly taking care of it. Cyclo devs I believe released an update (beta 4 if I'm not mistaken). As for us Acekard users, I'm sure a fix has been integrated into AKAIO 1.6 but we'll just have to wait. The AKAIO developers are working hard so don't nag on them. We'll have to stick with this ARM7 fix for now
biggrin.gif

About AKAIO 1.6, will it be public released?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yuan said:
Hakoda said:
ACWWFAN said:
biggrin.gif

About AKAIO 1.6, will it be public released?
I'm sure the devs have their release but are still working some things out. It probably will be publicly released. Its not like the devs to leave it for themseleves. Just wait, good things come to those who wait
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...