OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
okay here's the tutorial, download this file first :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vb7ynb456wt98av/Sonic_Wii_U_Decomps.zip/file

then acquire the RSDK files of Sonic CD, Sonic 1, and Sonic 2 legally.

extract Sonic_Wii_U_Decomps.zip and open it's readme file, that file shows how to set up the RSDK files & the folders that you just extracted from Sonic_Wii_U_Decomps.zip. set these files up on your SD Card according to the readme file instructions.

Now you can play Sonic CD, Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 all from the HBL ~but~ Sonic 1&2 aren't modded with the defenitive mods called "Forever" and "Absolute" yet so let's mod them.

Sonic Forever & Sonic 2 Absolute Tutorial :

click this link to download Sonic Forever :
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...12822294437918/SonicForever_1.4.1_ModOnly.zip

and this link for Sonic 2 Absolute :
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...280835412018/Sonic2Absolute_1.1.1_ModOnly.zip

Sonic Forever & Sonic 2 Absolute installation :

extract the Sonic Forever zip on wiiu/apps/Sonic1/mods and make a text file inside the mods folder, name it to modconfig.ini and write in it this :

SonicForeverMod=true

and then click save end exit.

extract the Sonic 2 Absolute zip on wiiu/apps/Sonic2/mods and make a text file inside the mods folder, name it to modconfig.ini and write in it this:

S2A=true

and then click save and exit.

now the installation is complete and u should be able to play Sonic Forever and Sonic 2 Absolute from the HBL if u did eveything correctly.

(if Sonic forever doesn't load then try writing "Sonic Forever Mod=true" instead of "SonicForeverMod=true" in the modconfig.ini file that is found in the mods folder of Sonic 1)

you can only play these games using the Wii U Gamepad and no Pro Controller.

Last edited by muniryka,
Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mods still don't work.

Can you post a picture of your menus please so I can see what I'm navigating? I give up on trying now but not being able just to unpause is pissing me off.

muniryka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Mods still don't work.

Can you post a picture of your menus please so I can see what I'm navigating? I give up on trying now but not being able just to unpause is pissing me off.
OH... follow the tutorial carefully. The mods will work fine. Send me how they're set up on your SD Card through a screenshot.
And yes ofc I'll take a picture of the menus later.
So the mods didn't even work for you?
Post automatically merged:

OH... follow the tutorial carefully. The mods will work fine. Send me how they're set up on your SD Card through a screenshot.
And yes ofc I'll take a picture of the menus later.
So the mods didn't even work for you?
Did you make the .ini files also..? They're needed for the mods to work

HeadstrongWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay here's the tutorial, download this file first :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vb7ynb456wt98av/Sonic_Wii_U_Decomps.zip/file

then acquire the RSDK files of Sonic CD, Sonic 1, and Sonic 2 legally.

extract Sonic_Wii_U_Decomps.zip and open it's readme file, that file shows how to set up the RSDK files & the folders that you just extracted from Sonic_Wii_U_Decomps.zip. set these files up on your SD Card according to the readme file instructions.

Now you can play Sonic CD, Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 all from the HBL ~but~ Sonic 1&2 aren't modded with the defenitive mods called "Forever" and "Absolute" yet so let's mod them.

Sonic Forever & Sonic 2 Absolute Tutorial :

click this link to download Sonic Forever :
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...12822294437918/SonicForever_1.4.1_ModOnly.zip

and this link for Sonic 2 Absolute :
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...280835412018/Sonic2Absolute_1.1.1_ModOnly.zip

Sonic Forever & Sonic 2 Absolute installation :

extract the Sonic Forever zip on wiiu/apps/Sonic1/mods and make a text file inside the mods folder, name it to modconfig.ini and write in it this :

SonicForeverMod=true

and then click save end exit.

extract the Sonic 2 Absolute zip on wiiu/apps/Sonic2/mods and make a text file inside the mods folder, name it to modconfig.ini and write in it this:

S2A=true

and then click save and exit.

now the installation is complete and u should be able to play Sonic Forever and Sonic 2 Absolute from the HBL if u did eveything correctly.

(if Sonic forever doesn't load then try writing "Sonic Forever Mod=true" instead of "SonicForeverMod=true" in the modconfig.ini file that is found in the mods folder of Sonic 1)

you can only play these games using the Wii U Gamepad and no Pro Controller.
Hm, i tried to install it myself. Followed both suggestions regarding the spelling of sonic forever.

I also noticed the pause menu doesn't come up?

muniryka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hm, i tried to install it myself. Followed both suggestions regarding the spelling of sonic forever.

it doesn't come up because Forever didn't load, the text file you made for modconfig is probably just a text file and it didn't become a .ini file
one thing you could do is try to find a .ini file somewhere on your pc and change it to both suggestions regarding the spelling of sonic forever.
other than that you can send me screenshots of the setup you have on your SD Card and i'll see what's wrong
or if you want i could just send you the exact folder and setup i have through an attachement in this thread!

also the pause menu not appearing means that the decomp loaded as the decomp and not as sonic forever. it is sonic forever when the sonic the hedgehog logo has a forever word below it in the title screen.

HeadstrongWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't come up because Forever didn't load, the text file you made for modconfig is probably just a text file and it didn't become a .ini file
one thing you could do is try to find a .ini file somewhere on your pc and change it to both suggestions regarding the spelling of sonic forever.
other than that you can send me screenshots of the setup you have on your SD Card and i'll see what's wrong
or if you want i could just send you the exact folder and setup i have through an attachement in this thread!

also the pause menu not appearing means that the decomp loaded as the decomp and not as sonic forever. it is sonic forever when the sonic the hedgehog logo has a forever word below it in the title screen.
I apologize, I checked my SD and I had the ini file there, but forgot to set it to "true".
All working now!
Now lets do mods for CD :rofl2:

muniryka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I apologize, I checked my SD and I had the ini file there, but forgot to set it to "true".
All working now!
Now lets do mods for CD :rofl2:
haha yes that's great ! xD
i hope CD mods get supported soon enough :rofl2:
it just sucks that i can't play Forever and Absolute using a Wii U Pro Controller tooooo.... i hope someone codes it to work

Reactions: HeadstrongWolf

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mods still don't work.

Mods work in Sonic 1 and 2, but I believe the latest mods for both Absolute and Forever now don't function on the Wii U, so use earlier mods, they really do make a world of difference, I love them.

• Wow
Reactions: HeadstrongWolf

muniryka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Mods work in Sonic 1 and 2, but I believe the latest mods for both Absolute and Forever now don't function on the Wii U, so use earlier mods, they really do make a world of difference, I love them.
the latest Absolute mod works just fine but yes the latest Forever mod doesn't

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I’ve been playing Sonic 1 Forever and Sonic 2 Absolute a lot on Wii U lately and I’ve been having a lot of crashes especially for Sonic 1 Forever, also it appears I can no longer get to Hidden Palace in Sonic 2, it’s not even available if I activate the level select code, the secret pit in Mystic Cave is now just a pit, not even spikes just a regular pit.

On the other hand, having a proper menu and save slots make this a much better package, also I really like several of the changes and additions they made to these mods, for example you can now hit Robotnik in Green Hill before he launches the wrecking ball, it’s also made much easier now to get out of the annoying springs pit in Spring Yard act 2 just like in the original games, they’ve addressed several of my complaints of the 2013 remasters trying to make the experience more faithful to the original and I can appreciate that.

muniryka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I’ve been playing Sonic 1 Forever and Sonic 2 Absolute a lot on Wii U lately and I’ve been having a lot of crashes especially for Sonic 1 Forever, also it appears I can no longer get to Hidden Palace in Sonic 2, it’s not even available if I activate the level select code, the secret pit in Mystic Cave is now just a pit, not even spikes just a regular pit.

On the other hand, having a proper menu and save slots make this a much better package, also I really like several of the changes and additions they made to these mods, for example you can now hit Robotnik in Green Hill before he launches the wrecking ball, it’s also made much easier now to get out of the annoying springs pit in Spring Yard act 2 just like in the original games, they’ve addressed several of my complaints of the 2013 remasters trying to make the experience more faithful to the original and I can appreciate that.
well just to let you know, the guy who made these decomps didn't even announce them on public or something like that, these anoyannces stem from the decomps not the mods themself, when he made the decomps he never intended for them to be used (at least not in they're buggy state) so yeah they're lowkey just buggy messes but it's better than nothing i guess :/

muniryka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Are there any channels for these 3 games yet? I can't
i was going to make channels for them but it just doesn't work on my pc, i told a dude to make them and he'll do it as soon as i send him the necessary files.
also i'm wondering do u know if it's possible to play these three games using a Wii U Pro Controller?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My cbhc forwarders work, shame y'all jumped ship @AmandaRose :ha:

I'm gonna play around with these mods later now I got them working (thanks again @sonictopfan)

Do the other mods interfere with the game or can most be removed to leave just the menu? Will try later. Menus are awesome... Whoda thought? :rofl2:

Reactions: AmandaRose

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I’ve been playing Forever and Absolute mods for the past two days and I’ve come to some workarounds to reduce crashes to the minimum, not to go into details since it’s a bit complicated to explain but my guess is the crashes are due to improper cache clear in between levels or something of the sort, either way there seems to be a pattern, my workaround is not ideal as you still do need to quit the game a lot in between levels but it’s better than having to force shut down every two levels.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My cbhc forwarders work, shame y'all jumped ship @AmandaRose :ha:

I'm gonna play around with these mods later now I got them working (thanks again @sonictopfan)

Do the other mods interfere with the game or can most be removed to leave just the menu? Will try later. Menus are awesome... Whoda thought? :rofl2:
Er you do remember that old saying my freind

200w.gif

I look forward to links to your channels lol.

• Haha

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most of my old channels still work with aroma/tiramisu
okay.... I think this is them!! I only have Sonic 1 and 2 as personally... CD sucks and plays better in Genplus Wii anyway lol

Give 'em a try.... nothin' fancy. They may point to sonic1 or 2/RSDKv4.rpx as it was that long ago!

Attachments

• Sonic 1 [0005000018048365].part1.rar
    6 MB · Views: 84
  • Sonic 1 [0005000018048365].part2.rar
    5.1 MB · Views: 84
  • Love
Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
okay.... I think this is them!! I only have Sonic 1 and 2 as personally... CD sucks and plays better in Genplus Wii anyway lol

Give 'em a try.... nothin' fancy. They may point to sonic1 or 2/RSDKv4.rpx as it was that long ago!
Will try them once I get home thanks my friend for the share

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated