Sonic Mania pre-order trailer - releases 15th August 2017

SEGA have today unveiled the release date for Sonia Mania - the return-to-roots, classic 2D entry in the Sonic series, following in the footsteps of the Mega Drive classics.

Sonic Mania is due for release worldwide on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC on the 15th August 2017.

The trailer unveils a new zone for Sonic Mania - Stardust Speedway (Past) originally featured in Sonic CD (1993) and shows off traditionally animated scenes that are potentially to be used as FMV style cut-scenes for the final game.

Pre-orders are now open for for digital copies of the game and can be found by following the links below.

:arrow: PlayStation Store - Sonic Mania
:arrow: Microsoft Store - Sonic Mania
:arrow: Steam - Sonic Mania

:arrow: Sonic Mania pre-order trailer

Last edited by shaunj66,

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt nintendo started pre order services for digital titles on switch yet. Still is not that bad, is digital so is not like standing in line to buy a game that can run out of copies. But yeah it means a small bit of time downloading a game that isn't already set up yet. But Again, switch hasn't started a pre order for digital service yet. Besides is like 3 months before is even out. So Least wait a bit longer before they can least see if they will add it.
Just more proof that Nintendo doesn't like money. First cancelling the NES classic and now no digital pre orders on switch.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just more proof that Nintendo doesn't like money. First cancelling the NES classic and now no digital pre orders on switch.
Is 3 months before the game is even out. Just cause they don't have pre order set up now like the other systems do, doesn't mean anything right important at the moment. Nintendo eshop updates every thursday at 9AM pacific time. (least where i am) So I least wait before screaming stuff that hasn't happened yet.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is 3 months before the game is even out. Just cause they don't have pre order set up now like the other systems do, doesn't mean anything right important at the moment. Nintendo eshop updates every thursday at 9AM pacific time. (least where i am) So I least wait before screaming stuff that hasn't happened yet.
IIRC they didn't have digital pre orders for Mario kart 8 deluxe. Has they're been any games with digital pre orders yet?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC they didn't have digital pre orders for Mario kart 8 deluxe. Has they're been any games with digital pre orders yet?
Yeah, and nintendo switch is a 3 month old console. They haven't finished making the console more of what it should be yet. It took a few years before wii u and 3ds had pre order games on eshop.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watch, instead of virtual console we'll get digital pre orders at e3 :P
Well i dunno what they have planned, switch basically is just a game system, can't do anything else. No music, videos, pictures, nothing, can't even live stream to twitch or youtube without pc and capture card. Even nvidia shield can do that no problem. I rather wait for more firmware updates worth using than concern with Virtual console games, i don't buy them anyway unless is on sale and useful. Hoping sonic mania get some cool stages and updates. Maybe some custom options. That sonic 2 beta run, lol. Hope there is classic genesis graphics.

Reactions: rileysrjay
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Disappointed it's not getting a physical release at all. Oh well, I'll skip it then and wait for Mario Odyssey.

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, finally a new trailer! So close. Can't wait for this game. Day 1 for sure. Waited so long for a new Sonic game like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1