Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 2 Teaser Trailer

vpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this turns out to be true, the physics annoyed me to like many others.
I was starting to think sega had abandoned any more sonic 4 eps.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
If it's made by Dimps again, then it's likely to be pretty bad. If not, then thank fuck for that. Sonic Team seem to be back on form after Colours and Generations.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wondered what happened with Dimps. Sonic Advance was actually really great. Advance 2 wasn't as good, but Advance 3 was also pretty good IMO. They went downhill. I was wondering if there was some sudden switch in employees or if Sega were the ones who told them to change the physics up. Advance 1 pretty much nailed the Genesis gameplay.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So, first they abort all of Sonic's "friends" in Episode 1, marketing it as "Sonic - that's all that matters" sort of game and now they put Tails back in. This is starting to look more and more like a re-boot of the original trilogy, really.

That said, it's still going to be pretty damn awesome. Episode 1, no matter what people say, was a good game for WiiWare standards.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought the level-design itself in Sonic 4 was prelliant, since it merged plattforming, speed and multiple layers perfectely, though I hope this time they`ll keep some momentum on Sonic, though I don`t know if they can because of the homing-attack.

I for one as I said loved Sonic 4 so I can`t wait... but why no Wii???

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WANTWANTWANTWANT
Just make Tails playable like in Sonic 2 (and make some better physics) Sega, and I'm gonna download this straight away!
"check end of video, sees no wiiware logo"
...WHAT?!? SEGA! What in the holy f*ck does that mean?!
You better not make this error, Sega, you better not to... :angry:

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
If you think Generations was bad you're not a Sonic Fan and shouldn't be posting in this thread.

I hope this isn't a pretty looking version of Sonic CD. It sure looks and sounds like it.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Sonic generations physics weren't perfect, actually they felt scripted in a lot of instances. Such as it wasn't your speed that determined your trajectory and velocity once leaving a ramp, it was the ramp itself.

To put it simply, Sonic on the genesis designed the stages around the physics. Sonic generations designed the physics around the stages. Not a bad thing in itself as they still managed to make an excellent and entertaining game, albeit one that seems to lack in some gameplay opportunities presented in the genesis originals.

But hey, so long as Sonic 4 Ep 2 doesn't use the Sonic Rush physics engine, whilst attempting to design genesis era stages (to the best capacity DIMPS has to offer), we're good.
I've been hearing DIMPS doesn't even have any part of S4EP2 now, thank god if that's true.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM