Sony acquires mobile game developer Savage Game Studios

PS Savage GS.JPG

In yet another bout of acquisition, mobile game developer Savage Game Studios is joining the ranks of PlayStation Studios. More specifically, it will join the newly created PlayStation Studios Mobile Division which will focus on Sony's mobile gaming efforts.

The acquisition announcement comes via a PlayStation blog post by Hermen Hulst, Head of PlayStation Studios. In it, Hulst had the following to add regarding Sony's mobile gaming plans: "Savage Game Studios is joining a newly created PlayStation Studios Mobile Division, which will operate independently from our console development and focus on innovative, on-the-go experiences based on new and existing PlayStation IP."

:arrow: SOURCE

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Honestly, their decision making skills do match up with average design making skills of a company or person from California.
I don't know what he meant, or what you meant, because I don't know much about USA's Pantheon of States (witch state means what), but they left Japan because they lost a lot of ground there on the same time they earned a lot on Americas and Europe, so the decision made sense.

Their move to abandon portable gaming tho, that is something that I still can't get. I don't really hate anything, but if I were to hate Sony that would be the sole reason.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know what he meant, or what you meant, because I don't know much about USA's Pantheon of States (witch state means what), but they left Japan because they lost a lot of ground there on the same time they earned a lot on Americas and Europe, so the decision made sense.

Their move to abandon portable gaming tho, that is something that I still can't get. I don't really hate anything, but if I were to hate Sony that would be the sole reason.
I still can't forgive them for screwing over Japanese developers like Marvelous and Cygames. I'm pretty sure they're also to blame for some niche franchises' death

Reactions: nxwing

ScaryHobbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe Nintendo decides on a project and gives it to a developer that then basically becomes part of Nintendo, kind of like Hal Laboratory, Intelligent Systems or Sora.

I have no idea how those developers become so attached to Nintendo during their existence, but somehow they do.

These out-of-the-blue acquisitions from Microsoft and Sony are different, as they are majorly after tech or IPs.

This is an odd case, as these guys are just an amalgamation of former employees of mobile juggernauts or the development house went around and selling itself to the highest bidder because they had no funding?

Might be an expensive endeavor.
Nintendo already put out a statement saying that they're not really interested in making any big purchases of other companies (*Publically* interested, I must stress. They could be eyeing studios in secret for all we know. Particularily film studios.). Their reason is that they want to make sure that whatever studios that work for them have that "Nintendo DNA" in them.

I think that is what drives them more than anything if and when they go after another studio.
MS, Sony, Embracer, and the like are more interested in hoarding studios and IP's, but often don't give a flying fuck about the health of either the studio or the project.
Nintendo is more interested in molding their studios and IP's into a cohesive family. Some of their studios have projects just assigned to them, but most of them seem to be homegrown by the studios themselves as their trademarks and mascots, etc.
And as long as their games continue to be moderately successful (Or at the very least not buggy broken pieces of shit) Nintendo is fine with them taking whatever time they need to make the games presentable.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, their decision making skills do match up with average design making skills of a company or person from California.
Do you want to tell Apple, Google and virtually every other worthwhile tech company with US-roots or shall I?

I mean what an blissfully ignorant comment.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do you want to tell Apple, Google and virtually every other worthwhile tech company with US-roots or shall I?

I mean what an blissfully ignorant comment.
They make stupid decisions too but they aren’t part of the conversation so yeah ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper