Sony announces Inzone, a PC-focused gaming gear brand

sony inzone.JPG

Sony is expanding to cater further to the PC gaming market. Its latest move is the launch of Inzone, a gaming gear brand aimed at PC gaming. The brand's name is meant to refer to the immersive feeling gamers experience when they are “in the zone”, Kazuo Kii, Sony president of home entertainment and sound products told The Washington Post in an exclusive article.

“We are entering the gaming gear industry with monitors and headsets at an exciting time, since gaming and esports have gotten even more popular over the last few years,” Kii said. “We are leveraging Sony’s high quality display and audio technologies to deliver products that will allow gamers to immerse themselves into their gaming world.”

Inzone's debut products include monitors and headsets. For monitors, launching this summer is a $899 4K resolution monitor with a 144-hertz refresh rate, and, available sometime later this year, is a $529 1080p monitor with a 240-hertz refresh rate. As for headsets, the Inzone line will include a wireless one retailing for $299 that features noise cancellation and synthetic leather, a $229 wireless headset without leather or noise-canceling features and $99 wired headphones. All 3 models will come with a spatial sound field feature

“We are not saying we are not focusing on the PS5 users. But because we are latecomers to monitors and headphones for [the] gaming segment, we believe we have a chance to catch up,” Kii said. “I believe if top players from top companies mention ‘Oh, Sony’s Inzone is great,’ we can catch up.”

While the monitors and headsets are geared towards PC gaming, the colour palette seems to be inspired by the PS5. Indeed, the monitors are compatible with the PS5 and will optimize screen colors once connected. The monitors are also said to have a "switcher feature", that allows for the simultaneous connection of a mouse, keyboard and headset setup to both a PC and PS5, and switch between the two.

:arrow: SOURCE

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Lol yes I'm aware that high-end studio/HD headphones exist and all that. You're generally not gonna get that kind of quality from gear marketed to gamers, however, so I prefer to find a deal where possible. Maybe one day I'll be able to spoil myself with a $300+ pair.

I spoiled myself a while ago with discounted Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones to see if they could help me cancel a bit of the noise a neighbor was making while renewing his house. I ended up playing Halo Infinite using them on the PC and it was amazeballs. I still prefer the Pulse 3D ones with PS5 as Sony put some effort in bringing spacial sound into games. For convinience howhever I end up using my old Senheiser phones with music and YouTube.

alt_Human

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spoiled myself a while ago with discounted Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones to see if they could help me cancel a bit of the noise a neighbor was making while renewing his house. I ended up playing Halo Infinite using them on the PC and it was amazeballs. I still prefer the Pulse 3D ones with PS5 as Sony put some effort in bringing spacial sound into games. For convinience howhever I end up using my old Senheiser phones with music and YouTube.

The Pulse 3D's do not have any special hardware. Sony's spacial audio is software based on the PS5 itself and is compatible with any stereo headset.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the hell would you buy a 4k monitor that's 27 inches?
I'd buy one at 21 inches if I could.

Also for those that vesa mount, every additional inch matters. Took me entirely too long to find a compatible mount for my present 4K monitor, entirely because the number of mounts that could support a 28 inch panel could be counted in one hand; if it were just one inch smaller, I would have been spoiled for choices, and even some that could handle up to four at once.

Also, at the common sitting distance from a monitor vs a TV, the increase of pixel density is appreciated.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony did great things with CRT displays back then. And hardware unboxed had pretty good things to say about their debut flagship monitor. The big downer was the out of box color accuracy was crap and it did a lot of overshooting at lower refresh rates. But for their first new display in about two decades, it is an encouraging release.
Sony getting into the PC market? Only a matter of time before Nintendo does, too.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just say you're a microsoft fanboy so we can ignore you
The fuck are you smoking lol? Sony has always made their items overpriced as shit. Vaio laptops, cameras, even their walkmen started going up in price after the 2000's. Sit the fuck back down, zoomer.

Reactions: Codemastershock

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
The wireless "gaming" headphones seem to have way too much latency to be suitable for gaming. They've branded them with the thing they aren't suitable for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas