Sony Ending PlayStation Plus Collection

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Play has no limits... except when Sony decides it's time to end it.

From May 9th 2023, PS5 owners will no longer be able to claim the free collection of games. If you are considering buying a PS5 it might be worth getting it before that date so you can add those games before it's too late. Of course, it's only possible if you're a subscriber to PS Plus in the first place.

The selection is quite a nice one though and includes the following games:

Batman: Arkham Knight
Battlefield 1
Bloodborne
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
God of War
Infamous Second Son
Monster Hunter World
Mortal Kombat X
Ratchet & Clank
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Until Dawn

xR2t6pP.jpg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thankfully, people who've already downloaded the collection can still download these games. I didn't buy final fantasy xv, and a couple others, since they were free.

Reactions: Megadriver94

nemwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly this is kind of upsetting. I think the PS Plus collection was like an "incentive" of sorts to get people to buy the PS5 in the early days but now that its selling well and supposedly becoming easier to find they dont need it anymore. I dont even have PS plus so it doesn't affect me, but it was a nice bonus for those who did. Glad they are not taking them away from existing owners. Oh well

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess they think 2 years is about the limit for being nice to customers? I've never been a fan of the whole "claim it during this time or lose the chance forever" system either. If someone is paying for a subscription then just give them the damn monthly games. Why do we have to claim them ourselves?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The interesting thing is that I noticed I had bought some of the games on the list digitally, and I contacted Sony, and they refunded my money for the games.

Reactions: merc09

Henx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The thing is those games were never yours to begin with. PS Online service goes caput one day and your games are gone. Or worse get ordered by the publishers to take them down. It has happened on steam, and it will happen anywhere else.

Don't buy consoles for digital benefits. Play the physical versions, buy them second-hand, trade with your friends, but don't buy stuff that eventually might be inaccessible years later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)