Sony patches DNS Bypass, Sony demands Youtube/Twitter to give

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sometime ago, the DNS trick has been patched, giving you the "Must update" screen.

In further news the Sony vs Geohot case is starting to pickup heat as Sony is now gathering evidence. Sony has demanded that Youtube give up information of Geohot’s youtube account where THIS jailbreak video was originally revealed AND, how many users had accessed the video, the usernames and IP addresses of everyone who viewed/posted/published comments related to the video…meaning this information probably includes YOU. A bit of an overkill don’t you think?

Furthermore, Sony has demanded Twitter to give information related to everyone on the Fail0verflow Team (good luck with that), and take them down as well.

Geohots attorney replied: “The discovery they call for in my opinion is overbroad,” when asked by The Wired.
[/p]
Source 1

Source 2

You can download the subpoena for youtube in source 1.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since when was the whole fucking internet and the govts of the world owned by sony?....Christ, with enough money you can buy almost anything nowadays...

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok
if we are in the United States, it is illigal for youtube to give the information of people to sony.
this goes against their privacy agreement and thus goes against the law that prevents broken contracts.
then, it is unethical to allow sony to take the rights of people to use the internet as they plz.
its free speech. A company can demand it gone and pay for it to go then ok but demanding a company or person to remove information from their site on legal grounds is wrong. sony cant have the right to do this. I guess it shows that the US governmensides with corperations if they win.
honestly, i find this whole case unconstitutional.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, if the subpoena for youtube is approved, whoever watched that video and can afford it they should sue Sony for invasion of privacy.

As I have said before, what Sony is doing is Unethical, Idiotic, Desperate and just plain FACIST
I don't even own a PlayStation, but the thought that policemen can come bursting through my door just because I watched the video cause I was bored and I mirrored the keys on webs.com and posted them on digg. I don't even fall into Sony's jurisdiction, I live in fucking Canada.
Fuck Sony.

SCEA.png

The choice is pretty clear now.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand, people who viewed the video and watched it and everything... what's that going to do? What can Sony do IF (though they most likely won't) get the viewers information? They can't exactly say "You watched a video, we ban you now."

I love how Sony demanded in the original legal documents that this information be wiped off the internet... only problem is, when something is on the internet, it takes all of 10 seconds or less for it to be permanently on there. Sony can't stop it.

But giving out IP addresses and everything, I'm pretty sure Sony can't do that. As the viewers who commented and everything, haven't done anything wrong (unless Sony can prove it). Sigh... I wish Sony would stop being butthurt. And instead of trying to control the internet, they fix their console.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chrisrlink said:
obviously Sony think's there above the law STOP THEM OBAMA

I'm sorry, but that's LOL-worthy.

Do you seriously think a president who supports ACTA and COICA will stop a big business from doing something that only some know about, especially since many of those that know are not yet of voting age?

I wish someone would, though.

Oh wait, there is someone.

SUE THEM LG, TAKE THEIR MONIES SO THEY STOP THIS CRAZY SHIT.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this may seem dumb, but if I watched a video about any of these, they would come and arrested me?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
k that's ridiculous .
this is invasion of privacy . sony acts as if they own the internet . i was considering that sony was a great company at first . now i don't even want to support them anymore .

i am skeptical , extremely skeptical about buying a PS3 . what they do , is just plain stupid . honestly , go ahead and sue people who have hacked your console , but to the extent and measure of getting the information of people on YOUTUBE? come on . get out .

to those who think just cause you're in Canada , we are practically under the USA . whatever happens there , will be passed on to here . we aren't really independent anymore . if you've noticed , most countries depend on the States . see the recession ? when USA's economy went down , many countries around the world were drawn into the recession because we depend on the States .

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, sony ur going to get what's coming when u stick ur head where it doesn't belong and get it cutoff. this entire thing could cripple the company entirely as massive privacy lawsuites will springup from this.

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Sony is going f--king overboard. They think they can go around, and get all the info they want just because they are a big corporation. We have rights too, like the right to privacy. Hopefully Youtube and Twitter won't give in to this abomination of a corporation that is Sony. Thanks Shepard on keeping us updated on the whole Sony case, and fueling the fire!
evil.gif

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KingVamp said:
Do you guys still think this is just "protecting their" console?
Although definitely going overboard with hunting down the video viewers, yes.

Why just go for one person (geohotz) when there is a whole other group (fail0verflow) doing exactly what he's doing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety