Sony reveals full game list for the PlayStation Classic and opens pre-orders

20 gameslist.JPG

Last month Sony announced the re-release of its first gaming console in mini format as the PlayStation Classic. While only a few preloaded titles were announced at the time, more would be revealed at a later date. And today's the day! We now have the full list of the 20 games that you can play once you boot up the PlayStation Classic this December!

Here's the full rundown:
  1. Battle Arena Toshinden
  2. Cool Boarders 2
  3. Destruction Derby
  4. Final Fantasy VII
  5. Grand Theft Auto
  6. Intelligent Cube
  7. Jumping Flash!
  8. Metal Gear Solid
  9. Mr. Driller
  10. Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
  11. Rayman
  12. Resident Evil Director's Cut
  13. Revelations: Persona
  14. R4 Ridge Racer Type 4
  15. Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  16. Syphon Filter
  17. Tekken 3
  18. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
  19. Twisted Metal
  20. Wild Arms
The PlayStation Classic follows suit with the recent wave of retro console re-releases, boasting the same form factor but it is actually 45% smaller than 1994’s PlayStation.

box.png

playstation-classic-system-top-us-18sept18.png playstation-classic-system-front-us-18sept18.png playstation-classic-controller-us-18sept18.png contents.jpg PS Classi.JPG

Out of the nostalgic box, the device comes complete with two wired controllers, plus a virtual memory card to save your adventures as you switch between titles. Since this console releases in the 21st century, it also comes with an HDMI cable to connect to your TV. However, a compatible USB AC adaptor is required to use this console but is not included. The official PlayStation page advises to use an AC adaptor that supports 5 V, 1.0 A USB (Type A) output.

Pre-orders for the PlayStation Classic are now open at an MSRP of $99.99 to reserve yours for its release on December 3rd.

:arrow: SOURCE

SpicySausage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lineup is really lackluster which is disappointing, but it will probably sell well anyways.
Though I have not really been on board with these classic consoles anyway, since I still have original or digital copies of my retros games.
Seeing Persona on this is interesting to say the least, can't wait to see all the neo Persona fans picking this up and seeing how archaic it is compared to 3-5.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
can't wait to see all the neo Persona fans picking this up and seeing how archaic it is compared to 4-5.
FTFY
Persona 3 system is as punishing as a classic shin megami tensei game but with the visual novel interactions. persona 4 started casualising the series to the point that persona titles don't bear the shin megami tensei moniker anymore.

SpicySausage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FTFY
Persona 3 system is as punishing as a classic shin megami tensei game but with the visual novel interactions. persona 4 started casualising the series to the point that persona titles don't bear the shin megami tensei moniker anymore.
My mistake, I was referring more to how the first Persona was a dungeon crawler with little to no social interactions with the other characters. You are correct though, Persona its own thing now.
Thinking back to Persona 1, didn't it have an unreasonably high encounter rate with painfully long attack animations? I'm beginning to wonder if these are 1:1 copies of their originals or if some of the games on this system will have changes. It is unlikely though, since classic consoles seem to be rushed cash grabs.

Reactions: Sakitoshi

Chewieshmoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A list of ANY 20 titles was never going to please everyone, there are some really good games for sure and it seems they did try for some variety, of course everyone had their own idea of the perfect list. FOR ME as I have heard from others, the attractiveness will come down to hack-ability and being adding to add ones own titles. Even for those not into such things I suspect it will still be a buy for many. Here is the official list video and an image to consider.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Hooray, another half-assed emulator for braindeds, who gonna say they buy because its legal, so they could enhance they low self-esteem
It's a PSTV repackaged as a PS1 Classic. Don't know what you're going on about being half-assed, probably just complaining for the sake of it.

PSTV has buttery smooth PS1 emulation.

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
you can buy it used for like 22 euros... if you own a ps4 and cant spare like 25 $ i dont know what to say to you, and you are considering buying a mini console that is worth 100$...
at my store, everything is apparently insanely pricy
I don't know where I can get is elsewhere as I nevdr shop online

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes. Get one only of you really need it from somewhere else. Stop producing waste just for the sake of it, damn.
I mean... isn't making a plastic toy that does the same things any phone and Playstation a waste?

It's not for me, I think it's cute. But I see no reason for not adding a simple cable.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
at my store, everything is apparently insanely pricy
I don't know where I can get is elsewhere as I nevdr shop online
ebay and amazon is very easy to get stuff really, and even if the product doesnt reach you or gets damaged you get a full refund back, not that it happened to me ever tough.

srs people who only buy games at retail stores buy games at full price, i never payed 70 euros for a single ps4 game at launch ever again, you got amazing online stores like ebay and amazon for used, base.com for new in europe, preety damn cheapest i ever found and shipping is very low.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ebay and amazon is very easy to get stuff really, and even if the product doesnt reach you or gets damaged you get a full refund back, not that it happened to me ever tough.

srs people who only buy games at retail stores buy games at full price, i never payed 70 euros for a single ps4 game at launch ever again, you got amazing online stores like ebay and amazon for used, base.com for new in europe, preety damn cheapest i ever found and shipping is very low.
Some European online stores can afford much cheaper prices because they're usually offshore. With some creativity, they can avoid to pay any VAT. I'm not going to name any store in particular because I don't want their lawyers hunting me down for telling the truth. Look it up.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I mean... isn't making a plastic toy that does the same things any phone and Playstation a waste?

It's not for me, I think it's cute. But I see no reason for not adding a simple cable.
Yeah, if it ends in a bag up in the attic or in a garbage can as the 20+ old USB power adapters that were not being used, then it is a waste.
If you are buying it I expect you to at least want to use it as decoration, otherwise it is a waste... and I believe you won't already have 20+ out of use mini consoles collecting dust in some bag up in the attic.

jaspern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol this seems pretty much a joke compilation with some obvious omissions and subpar entries of a series (GTA1 without expansions and not GTA2, DD instead of DD2, Cool Borders 2 when there was CB3, only Syphon Filter 1 instead of the complete series etc.). PlayStation Classic 2 & 3 anyone? ;) I already preordered it on Amazon back when it was announced because you never know but if it turns out not being hackable I'm probably just going to return it. And then it doesn't even have Dualshocks...

Last edited by jaspern,

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol this seems pretty much a joke compilation with some obvious omissions and subpar entries of a series (GTA1 without expansions and not GTA2, DD instead of DD2, Cool Borders 2 when there was CB3, only Syphon Filter 1 instead of the complete series etc.). PlayStation Classic 2 & 3 anyone? ;) I already preoredered it on Amazon back when it was announced because you never know but if it turns out not being hackable I'm probably just going to return it.
I really don't understand what is the value of this being hackable.

If what you want is to hack it, just get anything more powerful and cheap, and already hackable like a RPi3 with a case and gamepads.
You can even go the extra mile and get it with analogs if you go that route.

I don't think this is something I would buy just because I wanted to hack it.

jaspern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

If what you want is to hack it, just get anything more powerful and cheap, and already hackable like a RPi3 with a case and gamepads.

Just paying 100 bucks for the official™ PS1 plastic case I guess :D

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

why not just get a ps3 and hack it, probably much easier lol and it can even read original discs and everything :P

Reactions: sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why not just get a ps3 and hack it, probably much easier lol and it can even read original discs and everything :P
Yeah, that's an option also.
And as a side effect, you can also play PS3 games on it.

Anyway what I meant is that getting this just to hack it doesn't sound like a good plan to me. I would understand if you just think it's cute, tbh it will probably end up as decoration.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream... +1